Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Wild Slop

Arcane
Type FREESWORD in enter promo code in market for a Heatsword weapon slot

I encourage all to consider participating in the Twitch event. Link your Warframe account to a Twtich one (make a twitch one) , watch streams from approved streams : https://go.twitch.tv/directory/game/Warframe
and whenever they earn an achievement, any achievement not just from the Plains, you get a select reward. Now hail the RNG.

I was running several in muted tabs, minimized, Any more than 3 seemed to be pushing it but 4 can work too.

Of all of them one stands out : >>> Link <<<

He's been earning around 30 an hour, netting a collective hundreds of achievements.
Before finding him my 3 - 4 tabs thing already got ~200 but now I just run 2 tabs: the 1st guy + someone else. This guy Other Twitch Stream Link is good too (not sure if where he's at in terms of netting prizes anymore) or just pick whatever seems most promising from the directory link.

Most likey rewards are
  • Starbursts / Grand Finale
  • Latron BPs
Then you have
  • Hunhow Sentinal Masks
  • Glyph Ship Display decoration
  • Nitian or other rare resource (Neurodes)
With more luck gets you
  • Forma BP
  • 3 Day Affiniity Booster
  • Wyrm (and its weapon) - which equals free slots
With a lot more luck you can get
  • Smoke Colors
  • Frost Hacka Skin
  • Vectis Prime (free slot)
The event netted me sickening amount of the common but I did get each of what I listed. I got 4 of the affinity boosters!

I think the event continues for 2 more weeks so don't feel you missed your shot.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Short info to those of us who DIDN'T know it yet (like me):

Wraith parts are dyeable now as well. Includes Ignis Wraith and the armor/syndana from the event a while back.

Finally I can use those things. :obviously:

Wild Slop

Arcane
Does anyone know if rewards are still gained if view through a multi-twitch stream?

I whipped this custom one up: http://www.multitwitch.tv/thefamouschrisa/orbital_star can't vouch for quality of streamers. Do your own by http://www.multitwitch.tv/ custom1 / custom 2 /custom bleh

I hope people star imitating the speed run guy. :lol:

*Many of the steams that are popular, be it listed "achievement hunting" or otherwise, are just people dicking around. If I see Plains activity I close it as its wasted bandwidth.
The speedrunner is top of Warframe list now.

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
soooo many latrons nad starbursts ...sooo many ...

stil havent goten frost skin or any boosters for that matter - i got vectis prime [since i already had one i suppose rng decided to bless me with another :) ]

and i got glyph thingies for days

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Mostly fireworks. Lots of Latron bps (2500c). Several glyph displays. A few forma bps and haniho masks. But I got horny frost skin and smoke colors, so for me it was totally worth not watching the streams. :salute:

It's not that a muted 160p stream hurts you in any way after all....

Wild Slop

Arcane
There are more copycat speed runners. :BestDeal:
Even copying the disciption ' 30 + Achievements Every Hour' or ' X Achievements Every Y'

/weebology
/baganomicon
/dunpield

/kingwolby - seemed good not sure if as speedy as rest

Viewing through Multi-twitch stream does appear to be work in earning rewards it seems wonky i think some rewards earned are delayed which make testing hard.

http://www.multitwitch.tv/dunpield/weebology/baganomicon

At the bottom of the chat is a thin strip where you can select "Change Streams" to add and remove.

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
since rng gonna rng after i finally got that skin it gave me it another time ... and another vectis p plus sparkling of color paletes and usual latrons bp :)

for other news i build myself a random kitty and it was smeeta ... buf for crit is very nice but i miss vacuuuuuum sooo muuuch [that cestus color palete looks very nice on kitties ]

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Not watching the streams is totally worth the minimal resources a stream @ 160p needs. Pick one where somefag does a new acc run for maximum chievies and you drown in mails.

I think I even got the whole "stream-reward-set" complete now:

Vectis Prime (free weapon slot)
Frost skin (costs 160p or so)
Wyrm (free companion slot)
Smoke colors (white and black)
Latron bp (2500 creds)
Haniho sentinel mask
Nitain
Forma
3 days affinity booster
Orokin energy cell

I got at least 10 forma bps out of it, saving me many relic runs. And with the cells and creds, I can pretty much build them for free. So when Glassframe is ready, I can forma her at least 7 times and level her quick thanks to the booster.
And don't forget the main prize: enough fireworks to bombard a small country.

I totally approve of this event. :salute:

eklektyk

Erudite
you forgot neurodes and glyph displays !!!!! :argh:

got yet another frost skin ...

at this point all i want are boosters so rng gonna rng and i get none :)

7 wyrms thochillin in companion closet :)

ps. decided top go for some fast kuva exterminate and i load in right next to stalker in his "igonnakillya" mode ... since i had my trusty guandano few spins later his dead and i got me nice despair bp :smugasfuzk"

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
i dont know if im bugged or not but stalker seems to show up to check on me even when i dont have mark of his on me ...

on a plus side i just got hate blueprint :lethateflothruyou:

it seems that he likes my low level frams that i decidet to finally take out for a spin since i get few affinity boosters from kind twitch

v1rus

Arcane
So, whats the state of this game? Played ~20 hours years ago, thinking of giving it another go.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, overall things are good, the core game is fun and satisfying. Currently the only real gripe to be had is that the Plains of Eidolon content involves enormous grind in a closed system, specifically in regards to the Quills (where you fight the worst, as in most boring, boss during set times over and over again) since the Ostron standing gains have been upped notably and once you get a hand of fishing Ostron standing is a non-issue.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
once you get a hand of fishing Ostron standing is a non-issue.
If you like throwing a spear at fishes for hours that is. Feels lilke some shitty minigame designed for mobile phones to be honest.

Joined up to be a cyber ninja IN SPACE. Now I spend my days fishing for a bunch of SPACE kazakhs so they don't starve to death, while they peddle "hot shark poo" and "freshly made boobie butter" all day. :hahano:

eklektyk

Erudite
managed to grind to last ostron rep tier

now all is left is retarded quills so i prob need to find some people to kill that thing every night to progress

v1rus

Arcane
Also, whats the deal with those PRIME versions of Warframes? Never understood it. Is say, Loki prime strictly stronger than regular Loki?

Vaarna_Aarne

Yes, Prime versions are upgraded versions of normal warframes and weapons. This change can be relatively small. In case of most warframes, the standard is more preset polarities and 2-3 statistical increases where increases to health and shields are likely to be lower, armor increase depends on base version's armor, and energy can see substantial increases, ie Volt Prime has doubled base energy capacity and armor is increased from 15 to 100. Older Primes tend to have far smaller changes, Loki Prime for instance only has a tiny bit more Energy.

With weapons the improvements tend to be more radical, as many weapons base version are total turds, good examples being Nikana (both Nikana Prime and Dragon Nikana are more than twice as powerful before factoring mods in) and Boltor (Prime version is twice as powerful before mods). However, awesome weapons tend to have more modest improvements when they go Prime, for instance Galatine Prime is not as huge a step up and Vectis goes from good to awesome. But generally speaking Prime weapons base versions tend to be pretty crappy, Galatine is by far the biggest exception. Lex used to be an example of a weapon where the basic version is a turd, but it got buffed massively recently so now the Prime version is just a tiny step up.

v1rus

Arcane
Yes, Prime versions are upgraded versions of normal warframes and weapons. This change can be relatively small. In case of most warframes, the standard is more preset polarities and 2-3 statistical increases where increases to health and shields are likely to be lower, armor increase depends on base version's armor, and energy can see substantial increases, ie Volt Prime has doubled base energy capacity and armor is increased from 15 to 100. Older Primes tend to have far smaller changes, Loki Prime for instance only has a tiny bit more Energy.

With weapons the improvements tend to be more radical, as many weapons base version are total turds, good examples being Nikana (both Nikana Prime and Dragon Nikana are more than twice as powerful before factoring mods in) and Boltor (Prime version is twice as powerful before mods). However, awesome weapons tend to have more modest improvements when they go Prime, for instance Galatine Prime is not as huge a step up and Vectis goes from good to awesome. But generally speaking Prime weapons base versions tend to be pretty crappy, Galatine is by far the biggest exception. Lex used to be an example of a weapon where the basic version is a turd, but it got buffed massively recently so now the Prime version is just a tiny step up.

Old primes, as in, vaulted (or however its called) primes?

Was a bit bothered when i found out i cant unlock any of the old primes - is this as important as it seems, or just noob fallacy?

Also, any pvp in this game, beside dueling?

Vaarna_Aarne

Old as in first to be released, which means vaulted too nowadays.

And you CAN unlock them, they run vault events every now and then (can't be too long until the next one), and the relics that can drop the parts are still in anyone's inventory that has them, so you can just tag with Codexers to mooch their relics too.

As for PvP, aside from the usual deathmatch stuff there's also some sort of handegg sort of ball game.

Gerrard

Arcane
Now that they canned their terrible attempt at replicating Battleborn's epic failure (in a rare glimpse of logic) they might actually put those people to work on Warframe PvP.

E: I just got 21 Exilus Adapters from the devstream, r00fles!
UhwBmZt.jpg

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Wild Slop

Arcane
Jelly! I had the page loaded and when i got the chance to check in saw that it needed refreshing, so i do that and hear talk of a glitch handing out too many prizes and how they will hurry to fix right away. :negative:

I quick log in to see nothing... A short lived [despair] I wound up getting 8 eventually. Was this part of the original glitch? For all I already have plus 8 - that's plenty good. So why am I still a bit sore? Some chimp like psychology working in my envious little brain is whats going on.

Here is a site I found which might be helpful :

https://hub.warframestat.us/ - Clock - Bware the Eidolon will go down a few minutes before night as listed here.

Zaw - Chart showing each zaw type build, tabs on bottom

Lastly, does anyone know if the next focus adjustment will come with an unslotting of all installed lenses?

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Awwww, I got nothing. Spacemum doesn't love me as much as you pros.

AFAIK he said there will be another focus respec. Would be a shitty respec without removing lenses as well. They already wrote that script, so it would be a non-issue.

Vaarna_Aarne

Good thing with Zaws and Amps is that for MR you need to level them around one part (prism for amps, pointy ends for zaws) to get the MR. Need to be gilded tho for the mastery to count, but in essence you need to build 3 amps (Raplak, Shwaak, and Granmu; tho you only really want Shwaak) + mote amp and gild them, and 6 zaws (Balla, Cyath, Dehtat, Kronsh, Mewan, and Ooltha) and gild them (or buy pre-gilded with plat) to get the MR from them.

Gerrard

Arcane
Then I realized I already had an adapter on almost every frame anyway and am left with 25.

eklektyk

Erudite
missed exilus orgy :(

so they gave us tier0 amp for free
i made tier1 amp and its nice for solo low lvl stuff
question is should i make simply tier2 amp from all tier2 parts or should i match it difrently?? only unlocked rep til those t2 parts so far

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom