Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas mods

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
Hmmm i have a problem with my companion's carry capacity.

I currently have Arcade and Rex in my party. Both their max carry capacity is set to 35. And even weh n their inventories are seeminlgy empty, the number seems stuck to 35/35. WTF??

I have the ultimate edition (GOG) and I only use a handful of mods:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
FreesideOpen.esm
FCOMaster.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
FCO - NPC Changes.esp
FreesideOpenPatch.esp
JSawyer Ultimate.esp
Unofficial Patch Plus.esp
FCO - GlowingOne.esp
FCO - OHSB NPC Edits.esp
StripOpenMain.esp

I don't know if it's some mod that did it and I've searched in case it's a generic game bug but found nothing of interest. resetinventory console command does nothing. Any ideas??
It is the Unofficial Patch Plus, the user Mathalor was having a similar problem with the Companion Suite perk that can be what it is causing your problem. You can find the comment here: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62953/?tab=4&&navtag=https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/ajax/comments/?mod_id=62953&page=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=5429387&pUp=1
Actually I think it's not that. It's not that the carry capacity was suddenly decreased by a number, it's that it became completely fucked.
Arcade is full of duplicate items, but even removing them manually and/or resetting his inventory via console or dismissing/rehiring or killing/resurrecting can't change his max capacity, which right now is 35. Same with Rex.

I can see from a previous save game that this fuckery was gradual. At some poin REx's capacity had dropped to 85, before getting to the abysmal 35 it is now.

Probably something to do with confiscated equipment when entering/exiting certain places? I can understand duplicate companion items due to this, but the carry capacity actually dropping??

Ym2209

Novice
Hmmm i have a problem with my companion's carry capacity.

I currently have Arcade and Rex in my party. Both their max carry capacity is set to 35. And even weh n their inventories are seeminlgy empty, the number seems stuck to 35/35. WTF??

I have the ultimate edition (GOG) and I only use a handful of mods:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
FreesideOpen.esm
FCOMaster.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
FCO - NPC Changes.esp
FreesideOpenPatch.esp
JSawyer Ultimate.esp
Unofficial Patch Plus.esp
FCO - GlowingOne.esp
FCO - OHSB NPC Edits.esp
StripOpenMain.esp

I don't know if it's some mod that did it and I've searched in case it's a generic game bug but found nothing of interest. resetinventory console command does nothing. Any ideas??
It is the Unofficial Patch Plus, the user Mathalor was having a similar problem with the Companion Suite perk that can be what it is causing your problem. You can find the comment here: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62953/?tab=4&&navtag=https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/ajax/comments/?mod_id=62953&page=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=5429387&pUp=1
Actually I think it's not that. It's not that the carry capacity was suddenly decreased by a number, it's that it became completely fucked.
Arcade is full of duplicate items, but even removing them manually and/or resetting his inventory via console or dismissing/rehiring or killing/resurrecting can't change his max capacity, which right now is 35. Same with Rex.

I can see from a previous save game that this fuckery was gradual. At some poin REx's capacity had dropped to 85, before getting to the abysmal 35 it is now.

Probably something to do with confiscated equipment when entering/exiting certain places? I can understand duplicate companion items due to this, but the carry capacity actually dropping??
That's weird, it could be an incompatibility between the mods that change the NPC. You could tried putting the Unofficial Patch Plus after YUP - NPC Fixes and see if that helps

typical user

Arbiter
Try first uninstalling all of those mods, then select Arcade and Rex in console and reset their inventories or just resurrect them and check whether or not they have normal Carrying Capacity.

35 seems low but then again JSawyer is supposed to limit stuff like that to make you more focused on the game without autopilot abilities.

Ym2209

Novice
Try first uninstalling all of those mods, then select Arcade and Rex in console and reset their inventories or just resurrect them and check whether or not they have normal Carrying Capacity.

35 seems low but then again JSawyer is supposed to limit stuff like that to make you more focused on the game without autopilot abilities.
Yes, that is also a option but rather than uninstalling try disabling the mods in the mod manager so you not lose everything

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
I've used the console to modify carry weights (modav carryweight X) to a more logical value and also resetinventory for duplicate personal companion items. Since they had no "leveled-up" inventories, nothing of value was lost. So far, so good. Obviously I'm never going to take them again into a place where equipment is confiscated...

Also met Veronica, took her with me, she had carry capacity set to 45 (!) from the get go, whereas the other guys started with larger carry capacities and it started gradually dropping in the course of the game (only mods I installed after starting my new game were Open Freeside & Strip, Character Overhaul and High-res texture pack, which allegedly have nothing to do with companion stat alterations).

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I've used the console to modify carry weights (modav carryweight X) to a more logical value and also resetinventory for duplicate personal companion items. Since they had no "leveled-up" inventories, nothing of value was lost. So far, so good. Obviously I'm never going to take them again into a place where equipment is confiscated...

Also met Veronica, took her with me, she had carry capacity set to 45 (!) from the get go, whereas the other guys started with larger carry capacities and it started gradually dropping in the course of the game (only mods I installed after starting my new game were Open Freeside & Strip, Character Overhaul and High-res texture pack, which allegedly have nothing to do with companion stat alterations).
You're going to have to open up FNVedit and check. Character Overhaul doesn't mess with stats, but they do overwrite any stats changes back to vanilla. I'd start there.

Ym2209

Novice

Maybe the problem is tied to leveling up since the others had is stats degrade every time that they level up or they update, is thats the case, then typical user had the rid idea, the problem could be JSawyer and maybe something broke, try looking and the menu of the mod in the MCM is theres something out of place.
Other option could be that the mods you install changed the id or something similar that dictates the stats of the characters

Xeon

Augur
Why is this on ELEX thread tho?

EDIT:
Pretty sure it will never finish like all the other fan remakes so far.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

Fallout 4 New Vegas is a project aimed to recreate and revitalize Fallout New Vegas in the Fallout 4 Creation Engine.
Would be cool if they ever finish it.

The project will:

A) Eventually collapse after a group disassociation.
B) A Russian modder on the team will become overly attached/ambitious, scaring casual members of the team.
C) Someone on the team will start getting death threats_101, written in Cyrillic.
D) All of the above.

or

E) Will release with no hurdles at all.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
There's something about Fallout 4's assets that is just so uncanny valley...

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
I have a chance to get NV, should I take the plunge? The game and also FO3 wasn't released in my country so I can't buy any DLC (does NV even have DLC?). And how serious is the need for mods? By that, how much time would I have to spend looking at tutorials to play just the game in a bugfixed state? Or does not having access to DLC make it not worth getting?

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The DLC are completely optional, but extremely well made. But without DLC it's still a great game. You won't need tutorials to understand the game, it's self explanatory. I would personally say there is a need for mods, and I'd say the two that are essential are the Yukichigai unofficial patch to fix bugs and such, and any mod that gets rid of the orange pissfilter. Beyond that there are many mods I'd recommend but you might not want to spend hours downloading and finetuning mods before playing. Oh, and you'll definitely want to get the game to use 4gb of ram, there's a patch out there on nexusmods where you'll find most mods.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have a chance to get NV, should I take the plunge? The game and also FO3 wasn't released in my country so I can't buy any DLC (does NV even have DLC?). And how serious is the need for mods? By that, how much time would I have to spend looking at tutorials to play just the game in a bugfixed state? Or does not having access to DLC make it not worth getting?
Just play it and be happy you don't get FO3.

Akratus

Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Would anyone else agree that these mods are essential?

-jsawyer (or other balancing/challenge mod)
-4gb patcher
-YUP
-Pissfilter remover

Xeon

Augur
I think the JSawyer mod requires you to have all dlcs, most mods do as well.

Edit:
Guess I am somewhat wrong, Link
Yes, it requires Courier's Stash and Gun Runner's Arsenal, the reason being it fixes bugs and adds balance changes based around all of the DLC. He isn't going to split it up to cater to people who have different DLC configurations.

If you really want to use it, you have 2 options:

1) Buy the DLC. You can get both GRA and CS for 6 bucks total, and the way you phrase it it sounds like you have the expansion packs already. Courier's Stash is all the preorder bonuses, yes. If you don't have any of the expansion packs, I recommend just buying FNV Ultimate. It'll come to the same price as all four expansion packs separately, but you'll also get GRA and CS.

2) Use the GECK to remove any changes made based around the DLC you're missing, and then remove those DLCs as masters.

So wiki says: Link
JSawyer requires not only base Fallout: New Vegas, but also all of its official add-ons installed: Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, Gun Runners' Arsenal, and Courier's Stash.

To install it, put jsawyer.esp in your Data folder. While no additional files are required, it does require a load order manager such as Fallout Mod Manager. JSawyer must be loaded after the core .esm and all add-on .esms. If not, the mod will not be properly installed.

Last edited:

Akratus

Patron
I prefer M0rk's Lighting mod, which is somewhat more recent.

Oh, didn't know about that one. I'll link to it instead, it's closer to vanilla which is better than RWL on a first playthrough.
I was rather impressed by it the first some hours I played with it, but now I have noticed that it has a bit of a flaw in that areas like Black Mountain and that irradiated town that the Legion bombed have very different lighting and there's a contrast with the rest of the wasteland that's a little too stark. There's an unnatural transition there. I still prefer it though.

Drax

Arcane
Doesn't the Script Extender include a 4gb patch now?
Other than that, essentials for me:
NVAC (NV Anti-Crash)
Mod Configuration Menu
Yuki's unofficial patch
WMX (Weapon Mod Extended)
Project Nevada (and before the autistfags start to cry, you can disable p. much every option you don't like)
Gopher's UI mods.

That should give you a good starting point without spending more than 25-30 minutes on the mods.

Xeon

Augur
If you have the GOG version of the game, you don't need the 4GB mod. PCGamingWiki says GOG version is already Large Address Aware.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom