Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Murk

Arcane
One point of high praise to the game -- loading is extremely fast for me, less than 5 seconds long (actually timed multiple instances).

Initial loading from the main menu (Pressing "Continue", not loading from the saved games list) has taken me a few minutes every time, for some reason. Otherwise it's been fast.

That one takes me a 2 seconds longer, consistently, but still extremely fast. I probably spend more time on the unskippable cutscens (kudos to whoever listed what files to delete for that, btw).

Phisto

Literate
Damn, Ragnar's antique sword is almost overpowered. I've simply stopped paying attention to the skull icon, one special strike from it is enough for most enemies.

sullynathan

Arcane
so give me the run down of Elex. Is performance good for potato PC's? For example Divinity Original Sin 2 doesn't run well on mine

Is combat the same as Gothic/ have there been no improvements? What's with the jetpack stuff?

Jinn

Arcane
IT IS DONE, I HAVE SAVED MAGALAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, not really, but I did complete the game. Saved game says 25 hours. I did most of the quests I think; only had 4-5 insignificant ones left in the log, though I don't know how many I never received in the first place. Went Cleric and pure PSI, ended at level 41. Levels 25->41 are done within probably 5-6 hours though(at least with the black hole spell), due to massive xp stuff from main quest and high xp enemies.

Like with its predecessors, and pretty much all other open-world RPGs, the quality of the experience falls off rather sharply once you've cleaned out the major quest hubs and start working on the main quest. Oh well.

I will add this to my ye olde RPGs list, despite its numerous flaws. Will replay, probably several times. Not with PSI though; it looks cool and is absurdly good, but it's just same old over and over. And unlike weapons, you don't get to upgrade.

A worthy sequel to the Gothic series, especially given that it's [currentYear].

Jesus, dude. I have 20 in-game hours logged and I haven't finished all the Berserker quests, have probably only done a quarter of the Domed City quest, haven't visited Tavar or the Cleric place yet at all, and have yet to join a faction. I don't know if I could ever finish this game in 25 hours.

Murk

Arcane
So I was going back to start point to explore that radar dish when I found what I thought was a good entrance into the structure only to fall down a dark mine shaft and land on top of the elevator. I was tapping space to survive the fall and it worked. Anyway, I'm stuck, please send help before I am forced to drink my own urine to survive.

lxylM2o.png

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The voice actor for the Rat in Tavar is phenomenal, surprising how this game mixes PS3 graphics with amazing character models and VA

ortucis

Prophet
developer's cat?
Missed that. It's un the castle near Berserkers?

Also - matured healing flowers. Where the fuck is 8th?

Near that small farm at the edge of the dome, climb up the mountain from the farm hut and you will see some old towers, in second one you will find what you seek.

:hug:
VO23iKD.png

Also in the cleric archives, hard to miss, developers picture.

On the side note, all that image corruption and crashes I was having? Apparently it was because of MSI Afterburner, which I was using to take screenshots. Turned it off and played without crash for 6 hrs non-stop. :cool:

Has anyone found any gear that boosts Charisma itself? How about Survival or Hacking? I have something that gives +2 to Crafting for dialogues, Charisma would be nice.

I have found +2 Charisma boost along with Bookworm boost (together) gear when I was exploring. I think it was near Cleric area, not sure. But I keep exploring and collecting junk. I have like 15 melee weapons in inventory and I can only use 2 of them including the starting rod and a rusty axe cause my Strength is still under 20, 15 hrs in...

But I am aboot to join Clerics, so I will now to start ramping up my damage skills.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Holy shit, the Defensive Measures quest at the Fort is insane:

-Talk to Bullet, he wants more guys
-Ask William, he agrees to send 3 doods
-Back at the entrance there are now 8(!!!) Bug Mutants
-Bugs rape the pathetic reinforcements to death
-I run into Fort, bugs follow, start killing EVERYONE

I reloaded once I saw no one inside was going to be able to take them. That's an odd quest and mob placement. I would advise people to stay away from the fort unless you can kill those bugs easily yourself.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
this is twitcher 3 all over again. i can't equip the stick of thorns because i haven't killed enough rats yet to learn how not to prick myself with it. i can't equip a leather rag because it wouldn't look good on me without the right sixpack. but since it's open world i'm free to roam around and find these things to carry them around. another moronic open world game that defeats the very purpose of being open world. defeats the very purpose of exploration by gating the rewards for exploring. good thing it has enough video effects to almost burn my 970gtx but textures for a 800x600 monitor. luckily this is just another crappy console action rpg from a no name company, otherwise i'd be pissed.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I did complete the game. Saved game says 25 hours.

That's insane, did you speedrun through this thing?
How do you finish such a big open-world RPG in 25 hours?
It's like that time people were claiming they finished Witcher 3 or Divinity in 40 hours. I just don't get it, you must've missed a bunch of content.

Murk

Arcane
Has anyone found any gear that boosts Charisma itself? How about Survival or Hacking? I have something that gives +2 to Crafting for dialogues, Charisma would be nice.

Caldrim sells a recipe for 'amulet of charisma' -- not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for tho.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok you bros got me excited for this so I got it even though I almost never buy games at full price. This better not be just some meme shit because of the silly name.

Should I play in German or English? My German's been getting rusty due to not using it in awhile but I've played all PB games in their Muttersprache to this point.

Jinn

Arcane
Ok you bros got me excited for this so I got it even though I almost never buy games at full price. This better not be just some meme shit because of the silly name.

Should I play in German or English? My German's been getting rusty due to not using it in awhile but I've played all PB games in their Muttersprache to this point.

If I knew German, I'd probably play it in German. I've been fine with the English so far though.

No, it's not a meme, and for me it never was. This game is excellent, particularly if you have a taste for PB's glory days (Gothic 1 + 2, Risen)

Reapa

Doom Preacher

what exactly got you excited? people saying they get stuck in the environment and have to reload? the open world with no reason to explore but rather just do the quests and get it over with in 25 hours?

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

what exactly got you excited? people saying they get stuck in the environment and have to reload? the open world with no reason to explore but rather just do the quests and get it over with in 25 hours?
Men of patrician tastes like Darth Roxor, Vault Dweller, and cvv saying it hearkens back to the good old PB days with that Gothic character progression of starting as a dude who gets killed by oversized birds while learning the combat system, having a big open world that isn't level-scaled to shit, and good quest and faction design. Pretty much all I want in an open world ARPG. I couldn't give much of a shit about having to reload a couple times due to bugs.

Murk

Arcane
If he's referring to my post about getting stuck, that wasn't a bug or a glitch. I intentionally went into a random opening on the side of the mountain (and got what I deserved.)

That's the neat thing about a game with a jetpack that encourages exploration. You find fun or funny stuff. Anyway, Reapa is a very negative person and probably needs a hug.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Holy shit, the Defensive Measures quest at the Fort is insane:

-Talk to Bullet, he wants more guys
-Ask William, he agrees to send 3 doods
-Back at the entrance there are now 8(!!!) Bug Mutants
-Bugs rape the pathetic reinforcements to death
-I run into Fort, bugs follow, start killing EVERYONE

I reloaded once I saw no one inside was going to be able to take them. That's an odd quest and mob placement. I would advise people to stay away from the fort unless you can kill those bugs easily yourself.

I didn't even talk to anyone and those guys were fighting already once I arrived at the main gate (I first entered the Fort via the sidegate at the other end). Bullet and the other guard lived (but only because the bugs...bugged and didn't really fight back) but I can't talk to Bullet at all. Go figure.

Reapa

Doom Preacher

Men of patrician tastes like Darth Roxor, Vault Dweller, and cvv saying it hearkens back to the good old PB days with that Gothic character progression of starting as a dude who gets killed by oversized birds while learning the combat system, having a big open world that isn't level-scaled to shit, and good quest and faction design. Pretty much all I want in an open world ARPG. I couldn't give much of a shit about having to reload a couple times due to bugs.
you must have missed my point about open world with no reason to explore it. what's the use of an open world if everything you find is level gated? and while we're at it, what's the use of putting machine textures on blocky meshes if all they can do is rust? with all the things a machine could do in a fucking scifi setting, the game chose to just paint the environment rusty and call it a day. while the most impressive mechanical interaction is still sticking a lockpick inside a lock to open a chest. if you hope to have to search for cogs to insert into a mechanism that will lower a bridge to some part of a ruined tower, forget about it because you have a jetpack with energy regeneration. all you will do is pick the flowers, pick the elex, pick your nose, rinse and repeat.
goty 10/10

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
if you hope to have to search for cogs to insert into a mechanism that will lower a bridge to some part of a ruined tower, forget about it because you have a jetpack with energy regeneration.

There's a quest about exactly that, gotta fix the elevator to the valley of the damned. :troll:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
If he's referring to my post about getting stuck, that wasn't a bug or a glitch. I intentionally went into a random opening on the side of the mountain (and got what I deserved.)

That's the neat thing about a game with a jetpack that encourages exploration. You find fun or funny stuff. Anyway, Reapa is a very negative person and probably needs a hug.
so, did you manage to get out using the jetpack?
i got stuck sleeping in a bedroll 5 min into the game. then later i jumped off a cliff to explore the ocean edge of the world invisible walls surrounding the open world and couldn't get back even with the jetpack. they didn't even leave enough space for you swim around the steep cliffs to some place you could climb back. 10/10 open world exploration

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom