Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ELEX RELEASED

the_dagon

Educated
I'm playing the game.

Easy to review :
It's basically a Gothic 1/2 style game with a bigger world, nicer graphics, and a sort of (quite uninspired) Science Fantasy twist.
A pure PB product.

If you enjoy Piranha Bytes games, you will enjoy Elex.
If you're a PB hater, you will hate the game.

Very bad marks on some french websites, they expected handholding, progressive "nice" fight progression and they encountered high level angry mobs while exploring from which they had to run. Combat is also quite slow paced. That means for those reviewers a bad game :-/

Last edited:

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
ELEX is unnecessarily hard. Even when playing on the easiest difficulty level I was massacred by everything. The first bandit I encountered killed me in about two hits. Twelve hours later that same bandit would kill me in three hits. Everything is so hard to kill and so high level I don’t know how anyone is able to progress in the game. Buying new gear cost so much money that you may get lucky and be able to afford a weapon that increases your damage by simply one point. You would think that you can run away from most battles, but guess what? Enemies are so relentless they will follow you to the ends of the Earth. At one point I had encountered a Raptor dinosaur and found out I was too weak to defeat it. I ran from it for probably fifteen minutes. I couldn’t even see it anymore and just went on to complete my quest. As I'm going about my business, guess who shows up? The same Raptor that I ran way from fifteen minutes ago still following me. It never stopped following me. This happens with every enemy I encountered. I got so bad that I had to run back to the first village and let the village guards kill everything for me.

/reviewers

Bought it yesterday, will try on weekend, but I will beat it in 9/12 months, after a lot of patches and probably some community mods

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Bought it yesterday, will try on weekend, but I will beat it in 9/12 months, after a lot of patches and probably some community mods

literally my current strategy

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I must also say that I am not at all surprised that the rpgcodex twitter posts messages about the release of "South Park: The Fractured But Whole" and some whatever PoE2 update, yet stays completely silent about ELEX.

makes u think

Falksi

Arcane
ELEX is unnecessarily hard. Even when playing on the easiest difficulty level I was massacred by everything. The first bandit I encountered killed me in about two hits. Twelve hours later that same bandit would kill me in three hits. Everything is so hard to kill and so high level I don’t know how anyone is able to progress in the game. Buying new gear cost so much money that you may get lucky and be able to afford a weapon that increases your damage by simply one point. You would think that you can run away from most battles, but guess what? Enemies are so relentless they will follow you to the ends of the Earth. At one point I had encountered a Raptor dinosaur and found out I was too weak to defeat it. I ran from it for probably fifteen minutes. I couldn’t even see it anymore and just went on to complete my quest. As I'm going about my business, guess who shows up? The same Raptor that I ran way from fifteen minutes ago still following me. It never stopped following me. This happens with every enemy I encountered. I got so bad that I had to run back to the first village and let the village guards kill everything for me.

/reviewers

Christ what a fucking society of pussies we've created.

Was talking to a mate about this the other day. Youngters nowadays are weak as piss, like big fucking babies, and I think anyone 30+ is gonna be part of the first elderly generation which the young fear getting mugged by.

Hellion

Arcane
O4eg4AurQu6uhfkGYuLYzw.png

CONFIRMED GOTY

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
to be fair, from what I've played and read people for now, that conclusion is spot on.

elex have the potential to be a gem, but they need to patch and change a lot of things. The game is good, but still far from great or amazing.

It is a game to be purchased day 1 to help PB, but to be played in a year.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I must also say that I am not at all surprised that the rpgcodex twitter posts messages about the release of "South Park: The Fractured But Whole" and some whatever PoE2 update, yet stays completely silent about ELEX.

makes u think

Crooked Bee

She's both Location: Deutschland and a fan of Gothic so the snub is either unintentional or a slight against ELEX for reasons that I'm sure are justified.

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
I've read a couple negative reviews and I'm still not entorely convinced that what they perceive in the game as flaws are...well...flaws.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Game is cool as fuck, but its way past time they motion captured animations, this is simply not acceptable. Also the art style is very hit and miss but kinda reminds me like a mix of 80s corny shit like Captain Power, and Mass effect generic sci fi. Except even corny 80s shows like it and I dont know Kinght Rider were much darker\edgier looking and consistent instead of the deluge of super high color contrast and hexagons we get today.

Grumpy Grognard

Inn Between Worlds
Developer
Game is cool as fuck, but its way past time they motion captured animations, this is simply not acceptable. Also the art style is very hit and miss but kinda reminds me like a mix of 80s corny shit like Captain Power, and Mass effect generic sci fi. Except even corny 80s shows like it and I dont know Kinght Rider were much darker\edgier looking and consistent instead of the deluge of super high color contrast and hexagons we get today.

Got to pick you up on something, and it's not your almost unreadable sentence structure.

Mass Effect's style is *not* generic sc-fi. It's a very specific aesthetic, heavily influenced by the work of Syd Mead, a legendary artist. You don't have to like it, but you're wrong about that.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

makes u think

Crooked Bee

She's both Location: Deutschland and a fan of Gothic so the snub is either unintentional or a slight against ELEX for reasons that I'm sure are justified.

I don't think it is, I think the Codexspiracy is laughable. I was tagging her because I thought she might have overlooked the game

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

She might just think this newspost is too cringy to tweet (which it is)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom