Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Quillon

Arcane
Is there a way to fast forward time? The night is full of terrors and too dark to see shit.

Phisto

Literate
Is there a way to fast forward time? The night is full of terrors and too dark to see shit.
Find a bed to sleep on.

Anyone do that quest on the farm with the mentally challenged guy? I don't think I'll side with the Clerics (get rid of Elex? you're having a giggle mate) but I'm curious if it'll bite me in the ass later on.

ortucis

Prophet

In 9 hrs I've played this game, only night time I've seen is when I had to do it for a quest (Cleric one) and that too lasted till I had to talk to him.

Else I keep sleeping and set everything to morning, constantly. You can sleep in anyone's bed, unlike in Gothic where they would get pissed and wouldn't let you. Also, there are beds everywhere you travel. Not sure that's a good thing but I like questing in daylight instead of straining my eyes, so it's morning every few hours for me. :P

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm currently in a foreign land with shit wifi, so I assume that the reception of the game went pretty good with the folks at World of Elex, correct?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm currently in a foreign land with shit wifi, so I assume that the reception of the game went pretty good with the folks at World of Elex, correct?
Dunno about them, but damned if it ain't a good game, if codex impressions are anything to go by.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The problem is neither Witcher 3 and Dark Souls are "traditional RPG", so i don't know what was your point when i specifically mentioned aRPG, which ELEX and witcher 3 are.
Witcher 3 IS traditional RPG, it's one of few that refreshed the whole genre. Dark Souls is its own genre.

Kahr

Wow. The Hort has also a pretty nice atmosphere, reminds of Hammerites and Mechanists a lot.
Too sad the robots don't preach.

ortucis

Prophet
Gentlemen and trannies, an average Steamtard:

*D4rKy* said:
Refunded it
Nothing like risen 1,2,3 or even arcania [gothic 4]

This game feels like 10 step backs in quality, clunky controls never seen it like before, the inventory is a ♥♥♥♥ing mess, movement of characters look like they been bonked from behind.
Everything is so wrong about this game, i played it 117 minutes, this game is unfinished, unpolished and this has nothing to do with risen or even gothic 4.

Its trash period.

:deadtroll:

Elex

Arbiter
- A Berserker asks you to find a missing patrol. Turns out the patrol is dead and the only survivor (who was sick and tired of the Berserkers and their laws) decided to run away and join the Outlaws. You can help him or you can force him to go back. Since the choice is connected to the Berserkers and the laws, it stops being an abstract choice between good and bad (help escape or send back) and becomes a very specific choice: is this man's personal well-being more important than the well-being of his comrades and the faction.

Such decisions do more to define your character than the character system and really draw you into the world. There are tons of quests (at least 300 based on the achievements) and many quests are very easy to miss as they could be 'hiding' behind some innocent dialogue comment that you decided to skip. Quite often something you thought was meaningless or flavor will turn out to be meaningful in some ways (either by unlocking some dialogue option with people that seemed generic and seemingly serving no purpose or by biting you in the ass in some ways).

How does one's choices navigating faction politics translate into tangible gameplay effects? Is there any point to being neutral or trying to have it both ways instead of committing to a faction?
whe you make certain choices appear a "NPC name will remember this"
so when you ask to the npc something he will react differently based on that.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've been having cash issues, but I just pick pocketed every sleeping person I could find. The night guards all carry around 100 Elexit each. I could finally afford some stuff to buy. I also stole a sword with poison damage. Once I can use it, hope my sin was worth it.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
For those of you that want to maximize your attributes points and such, go see the separatists at the South Abessa Converter without provoking hostilities. If you go up a couple floors you can purchase the chem recipes for attribute and skill point elex boosters from an Alb merchant there. He also sells the good kind of elex so you can continue your path to elexation.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't think it's perma-permanent, unless you kill the faction recruiters.

For example, if you fuck up horribly with the Berserkers, you can get an alternative thing to redeem yourself. Imagine it's similar with other factions.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

For example, if you fuck up horribly with the Berserkers, you can get an alternative thing to redeem yourself. Imagine it's similar with other factions.

O rly? First thing I did when I walked into the hotel was piss off the leader's wife. lol. Then I poisoned the southern worker guys with moldy bread. I'm on a roll!

Geckabor

Savant
Did Alvar really die due to overdose on stims? Drog wasn't surprised when I said he was dead... is there any resolution to this? The quest is already over.

Tigranes

Arcane

O rly? First thing I did when I walked into the hotel was piss off the leader's wife. lol. Then I poisoned the southern worker guys with moldy bread. I'm on a roll!

Yeah, after that there's a way to get yourself back in the good books. I did it, even promising an unspecified favour for a dude, because fuck me PB games are about melee

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Read the whole thing, very nice thoughts. The way you describe the quest design reminds me of New Vegas, which is a good thing.

Eh..

It's hard for me to believe this is the same Vault 'All Games Without Turnbased Combat Are Shit' Dweller.
The shilling and rationalizations are:

> I'm a cool guy with muh <Insert Retro Reference to Articles of Clothing Here>
> This game is SOOOO HUGE
> There's so many quest solutions "Kill or Spare X"
> JETPACKS WOOO

I mean.. Name something this game does better than Fallout 4. Difficulty? Is shit combat considered good difficulty now?

What is with all the shilling? This is the same community that would tear other games apart for less. I'm disappointed.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Read the whole thing, very nice thoughts. The way you describe the quest design reminds me of New Vegas, which is a good thing.

Eh..

It's hard for me to believe this is the same Vault 'All Games Without Turnbased Combat Are Shit' Dweller.

> JETPACKS WOOO

I mean.. Name something this game does better than Fallout 4. Difficulty? Is shit combat considered good difficulty now?

What is with all the shilling? This is the same community that would tear other games apart for less. I'm disappointed.
:0/5:

Volken

Scholar

Eh..

> JETPACKS WOOO

meh

Last edited:

tekknej

Novice
meanwhile ELEX steam user review score dropped back to 74% after a couple of 75% days. decline is pushing back, PB won't recoup their budget, the end is nigh, prepare for Risen 4 and 5.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom