Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Kahr

http://www.gamestar.de/videos/elex-video-piranha-bytes-kostet-im-monat-140000-euro,94733.html
Björn answers questions from the livestream on 16.10, very interesting, german of course
7:02
"PB needs 140.000€ per month to work"

---
So they spent around 5,3 million Euros on ELEX.
Dunno about the share Nordic gets, but Marketing costs e.g. couldn't have been that much.
150.000 units sold at 45€ (which is obviously wrong) would be 6,75 million Euros.
No idea, if that would be enough, but we're at 60.000 sold copies at Steam at the moment, without GOG and consoles.
---

7:30
Björn isn't very interested in crowd-funding and doesn't see that the model could work for PB.
German Bodenständigkeit for the win.
:love:

11:30
Gamestar Guy: "People critize your combat system. Will it be changed?
Björn: "First of all you need to play it. Then we will see..." (NO!)

12:14
Björn: "Play it. It's fun."

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fucking ELEX.

So I tried to be good with the Clerics, so I lied to an Outlaw NPC.
I do some more quests...
Later, I return some item to an NPC. He'll go get the pay. Cool.

Boom, assassin kills him and runs off with MY pay. There's a note: "NPC sends his regards."

Consequences...
I really wanted that pay...

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So i was playing and gathering the root for born, met some kind of winged cthulhu mutant, got chased. Ran, jumped into a hole and find a badass sword inside the hole.

Totally a PB game

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, I could not stand the pressure anymore and I got ELEX :)

The visuals are shit, the animations are janky, the combat is retarded, the controls are unresponsive, the UI is consolized crap but ... I'm having fun :) This is way better than Risen 3 and brings back nostalgia in a good way.

C1C3DBCCD1A06055E1F33CDAA7C0B9F0F73824F8

F28370ECF45C8227416956CC1A2AC9B65629DC4D

C7C9D006DB47EE3DC06AF60390CA69A9573A0284

The game has potential - despite all the glaring flaws this can become GOTy 2017. Unironically.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The balls that these guys have to release a real aRPG these days KNOWING it was going to get panned by modern games journalism are massive. 40 hours and I'm still impressed. Meme magic made my first full price purchase in 5 years feel like a pleasant surprise rather than a massive disappointment.

It isn't balls, it is cluelessness and arrogance. They also survive only because of German's extreme nationalism.

The visuals are shit, the animations are janky, the combat is retarded, the controls are unresponsive, the UI is consolized crap but ... I'm having fun :)
Then you are a low standards retard.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
The balls that these guys have to release a real aRPG these days KNOWING it was going to get panned by modern games journalism are massive. 40 hours and I'm still impressed. Meme magic made my first full price purchase in 5 years feel like a pleasant surprise rather than a massive disappointment.

It isn't balls, it is cluelessness and arrogance. They also survive only because of German's extreme nationalism.

The visuals are shit, the animations are janky, the combat is retarded, the controls are unresponsive, the UI is consolized crap but ... I'm having fun :)
Then you are a low standards retard.
fuck off cuck ELEX is singlehandedly GOTY 2017

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
After purchase, I expected this bros :troll:

I mean it is not impossible : The Codex on top of its form, meme-crafting and trolling on skill level: genius, with all prestigious members participating.

In stead i got :greatjob:

The Codex delivers again.:brodex:

ortucis

Prophet
88F1F7AD806CBC3EDDA9367EB700ABEF6F460F6E

It's not Bloom it's High Dynamic Range and it's meant to simulate your eyes adjusting to different light levels.

Definitely set pretty high tho. Maybe Magaderp has a brighter sun?

This is called auto-exposure, and it's overdone in ELEX. It's like when developers first discovered Bloom, Lens Flare and SSAO, everyone went overboard with those as well. Actually, in ELEX, PB has gone overboard with all of these effects like they wanted to mask a lot of things while fooling people into thinking it's like next-gen Frostbite engine.

Basically, it allows you to replicate how eye works in real life. But you have to keep it under control. When I was using Unreal 4, I messed around with this effect a lot, it's pretty fun and looks best when you don't go full retard with it (like in ELEX).

Not to mention, the constant WHITE to BLACK is just giving me a headache. I can't play this game for more than 2 hours when I am not outdoors because of this moronic effect constantly straining my eyes. It's doing a lot of damage to everyone, even those who might not be getting migraine from this, this is slowly killing your eyes.

They need to give a slider to lower this effect. I know they are using it to mask outdoors when you sneak around, so you can't see people going past the window right in front of you (which is stupid), but this is just terrible.

Phisto

Literate
Can't blame people for lowering standards, when basically there was no decent aRPG released since W3.

It's been less than a year God damn, time does fly. I didn't even realise it's been that long, 2016 was terrible.

Murk

Arcane
Elex actually reminds me of a scifi twist on the weird love-child of W3 and Gothic 3.

It definitely reminds me more of G3 than G1/2 so far.

I am not loving it, but am willing to keep trying. G3 took time for it to grow on me too, so who knows, maybe I'll enjoy it yet. I am not liking the controls much, the combat feels weird but at least it's not floaty like I feared, and I'm definitely hating the interface.

Only spent a few hours in it so we'll see. I don't mind the graphics at all (on max settings, etc.), but there was definitely something comically wrong with the intro sequence.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Can't blame people for lowering standards, when basically there was no decent aRPG released since W3.

It's been less than a year God damn, time does fly. I didn't even realise it's been that long, 2016 was terrible.

Witcher 3 was closer to an interactive movie than an traditional RPG. Dark Souls 3 came out in 2016 but it was like a tea from that tea bag you used three times already. There was also shit like Technomancer and the new Deus Ex, bleh.

But didn't Dragon's Dogma come out in 2016? Or was it only on PC? Coz that game was grate.

Murk

Arcane
DD has been out well before that, it was just a re-release for PC last year.

Phisto

Literate
Witcher 3 was closer to an interactive movie than an traditional RPG.
You're making it sound like there was no gameplay. Technomancer was as almost as "clumsy" as a Piranha Bytes game but it lacked the charm and interesting world. Which is I guess what I enjoy about ELEX as the gameplay is indeed janky.

Has anyone decompressed the file? It's weird that it's compressed into a single file and without proper mod support I guess I'll need an extra 20gb for mods if it's easily moddable. I would be really interested in some slight mechanics changes, like combat speed and how fast the jetpack flies horizontally.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

Witcher 3 was closer to an interactive movie than an traditional RPG. Dark Souls 3 came out in 2016 but it was like a tea from that tea bag you used three times already. There was also shit like Technomancer and the new Deus Ex, bleh.

But didn't Dragon's Dogma come out in 2016? Or was it only on PC? Coz that game was grate.

The problem is neither Witcher 3 and Dark Souls are "traditional RPG", so i don't know what was your point when i specifically mentioned aRPG, which ELEX and witcher 3 are.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Anyone know where I can find a combat trainer? I really want the jetpack attack.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom