Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Phisto

Literate
I'm about 10 hours in and so far I've died more times from underestimating the falling damage than actual enemies. I haven't done any actual Faction quests yet and I was thinking of joining the Outlaws since they were more "neutral" towards magic and elex but since I read some stuff here about how weapons aren't that great I'm stuck between choices again.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I hope the Piranha Bytes bros check this thread for feedback rather than look at those retarded game journos' faux reviews and think, "Guise I think our game is too hard and obtuse, let's make it closer to our last few gaems."

Jinn

Arcane
I hope the Piranha Bytes bros check this thread for feedback rather than look at those retarded game journos' faux reviews and think, "Guise I think our game is too hard and obtuse, let's make it closer to our last few gaems."

It would be a scary prospect if PB did use those "professional" reviews as serious criticism considering they are finally back on track to making good games. Unfortunately, I feel like PB has never really looked to the RPGcodex feedback. I hope I'm wrong.

Tigranes

Arcane
In Hort,

You can trick Eli and kill him as Wolf wants, leave him be, or help him, right? When I try to help him, he either goes straight to Wolf and gets himself killed, or if I say I'll talk to Wolf, there's no way to persuade Wolf to come out of town & Eli attacks me when he seems me alone. No way to save him? "The death of Eli will change the story" just sounds ominous.

Jinn

Arcane
How have you guys been finding having a companion? I went a very long time before having Duras come along with me, and he's been with me for a couple of levels up. I'm starting to feel like he's just a little too helpful. If it keeps up, I'll probably switch to not having a companion for the majority of the game. I prefer the little "run along" moments in PB games to having a dedicated companion anyway.

Still though, what do you guys think? I'm playing on Ultra, by the way.

Tigranes

Arcane
Every PB companion is God mode / cheat mode, always has been. I used Duras for a little bit in that early stage, now legging it alone. PB games are meant to be played alone, and melee combat/targeting becomes a clusterfuck otherwise anyway.

frajaq

Erudite
Holy fuck, learning pickpocketing from Alrik and stealing the sunglasses from him is a 100% must for everyone, those glasses are amazing

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How have you guys been finding having a companion? I went a very long time before having Duras come along with me, and he's been with me for a couple of levels up. I'm starting to feel like he's just a little too helpful. If it keeps up, I'll probably switch to not having a companion for the majority of the game. I prefer the little "run along" moments in PB games to having a dedicated companion anyway.

Still though, what do you guys think? I'm playing on Ultra, by the way.

I have surpassed my companions in skill and strength now. They are still helpful, but monsters knock them out rather fast. I like having someone with me though, even if it makes the game easier. You can always get that one guy that just refuses to fight :)

Felix

Arcane
lol at those (((reviews))), "too hard, i can't push awesome button and watch things explode at level 1, 6/10 but I can't wait to get back to playing it"

the cognitive dissonance is stronk

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Just checking in to say this game is indeed great. Combat is great, exploration is great. Berserks are extremely unlikeable, but that could be just bad polish localization (thinking of turning it to english). BUT, the world building and reactivity is amazing. After you decide to tell on one of their leaders to his rival, the latter responds that he needs to discuss the matter with the third leader. In most of nowadays games, that would be it and only artificialy carried on to future dialogues, never to be seen by the player that it actually happened. Eventually the player would lose control and would be railroaded in a cut-scene manner through it. But in Elex, the guy actually stands up, goes to the third guy and actually discusses this matter with him. The player may follow and listen to it, or go away and miss it.

This is great.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
lol at those (((reviews))), "too hard, i can't push awesome button and watch things explode at level 1, 6/10 but I can't wait to get back to playing it"

the cognitive dissonance is stronk

Speaking of, our good friends over at IGN have given ELEX a 4.9/10, so you know it's damn good.

Holy shit, that is a low score. Considering IGN gives everything nines, 4,9 must mean it's a dumpster fire according to them. Man, gaming press sucks so much ass.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I fought a troll and it seems the rock he trows act like a heat seeking missile,they just lock on your char,it's ridiculous:lol:

Jinn

Arcane
Holy shit, that is a low score. Considering IGN gives everything nines, 4,9 must mean it's a dumpster fire according to them. Man, gaming press sucks so much ass.

They are aiding in the destruction of gaming. Despicable parasites.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Dudez, Elex has a Gothic valley in it.

mind-blown.gif

imweasel

This game does not hold your hand. I LOVE IT!!

:kwafuckyeah:

Combat also reminds me of Dark Souls in a way. You DIE DIE DIE until you figure out how to play. A button masher this game is not. :)

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Just realized I got some spared money left after paying tuition fee for daughter, so this game is on my radar now :positive: How's optimization? Would a R7 260X be enough to run it on at least medium setting?
Settings hardly matter in the game aside from render range, because the game basically looks the same on ultra and low with worse shadow resolution and shading. I have a R7 360 which is an upgrade of the 260, and I can run it at low-medium settings very smoothly, although I might be bottlenecked here because I did not fully pass CPU requirements.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
YPagLPG.jpg

Epic battle. The troll eventually died, but it was a pretty close fight. I think I will miss that troll actually now.

The mech followed me from the Alp converter place. It really wanted me dead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom