Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reccomended Morrowind and Oblivion mods

Beastro

Arcane
Wanna go back and try them again after almost a decade, but don't want to get burned out sifting through mods and giving up like I did a few years ago.

Only looking for a few, half dozen at most to install.

Anyone know some good ones? Especially to make Oblivion more tolerable like cutting down on the omnipotence of the guards when you're inside someone's house stealing and they somehow instantly know you took an item.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Morrowind: MGSO (the Morrowind Graphics Overhaul; take care when selecting options) which incorporates a multitude of small mods in addition to providing further technical enhancements, the minor Bethesda-released mods (except the tavern one), More Better Clothes and Better Robes (to fix things not already included in MGSO mods), Waterfall Retexture by Lougian (because MGSO's waterfalls look bad), Hlaalu Arkitektora (because MGSO's Hlaalu-architecture walls look too weathered and crumbling), Excuse Me First Time, one housing mod, and possibly Tamriel Rebuilt.

Oblivion: Uninstall.exe

cowking

Scholar

It's not possible to turn morrowind into a playable state with those requirements, but if I had to recommend one mod it would probably be 1st person enhanced.

Also if you want to make morrowind look good you have to do it manually with wrye mash fork (plus learn some HLSL for shaders), there is no single package that is any good.

Here's a screenshot of my current setup.

Beastro

Arcane
Oblivion - Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul.

Thx what I was looking for.

BTW anyone familiar with this mod know why most chests and no crates and barrels and shit are lootable? Even most chests in dungeons have nothing happen when I click on them.

Edit: yeah the first ruin you come across, every chest and Ayleid cask is is unopenable and can't find anything about a bug like this with OOO.

It's not possible to turn morrowind into a playable state with those requirements, but if I had to recommend one mod it would probably be 1st person enhanced.

Also if you want to make morrowind look good you have to do it manually with wrye mash fork (plus learn some HLSL for shaders), there is no single package that is any good.

Not worried about graphics, I don't mind the look of Morrowind at all, just any mods that might make the gameplay better.

Last edited:

Zenith

Arbiter
MGSO recommendations are pure heresy.
For Oblivion, use damage multiplier to make late game half-bearable. It scales both damage dealt and received, making combat much deadlier without fucking anything up.

Biohazard_symbol_%28black_and_yellow%29.png

Citizen

All you need for Morrowind is MGE for widescreen resolutions. Why the need to ruin it with super hd+++ textures, x1000 view distance, ultrarealistic water shaders and other crap?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I played through Morrowind 8 times with the default graphics. As much as the graphics were astounding at the time, they're subject to the same aging processes that afflict all 3D graphics (as opposed to timeless 2D graphics). Morrowind's excellent aesthetic sense helps support the graphics so that they still look far more impressive today than the graphics of a typical 3D game with approximately the same technical accomplishments, but even the aesthetics can't completely obscure the relative decline in number of polygons for meshes, the resolution of textures, and lack of shaders and other features that later became standard. MGSO, with the proper settings, maintains the original aesthetic sense while greatly improving the meshes and textures, and adding shaders and other features.

QOKmBhg.jpg

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
MGSO, with the proper settings, maintains the original aesthetic sense while greatly improving the meshes and textures, and adding shaders and other features.

Please don't give anybody such layman advice.

MGSO was an amateurishly made compilation of mods from 2012. Its own creator abandoned it and moved on. The world of Morrowind modding, which you are completely unaware of, has progressed light years since (both in looks and functionality) and left MGSO trampled in the dirt.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
MGSO was an amateurishly made compilation of mods from 2012. Its own creator abandoned it and moved on. The world of Morrowind modding, which you are completely unaware of, has progressed light years since (both in looks and functionality) and left MGSO trampled in the dirt.

Some people don't have the time to comb through 5000 different mods and test them all; I haven't seen anything that qualifies as a successor.

Falksi

Arcane
I'm going back to Morrowind this Xmas for the first time in about 6 years.

Wondering what are the best mods currently to use? The only mods I used to use were the one which improves dialogue options, & better heads + bodies.

I'm more bothered about adding gameplay quality than graphical quality, and want to keep it to as minimum mods as poss just so it's as quick & easy as poss to setup & install.

Ta :)

mbv123

Arbiter
Fap to some shitty stiffly animated furry sex mods, made by some neckbeard then uninstall the game and forget about it

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I want to play for the first time Morrowind. Do I have to mod this game? In general, I dont like modding, and I already fixed the resolution with regedit. So, what do you think? I guess i wll go vanilla, but i want to know your opinions, first.

Tks in advance for the eventual tips.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom