Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, can't forget about the plain ol' powerhouses. Fucking Cassius, man.

"I manipulate the void AND the helix as my form!"

Gee really?
wish your daughter could do some of that manipulating, you moustachio'd assmunch

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/10/1...mplete/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

i dunno they spend that much time/effort/money on voice acting. they could use them for *ahem* zero and ao

They have to have a dub because xseed couldn't license the original voices. Lucky for us that the jp voice files for Sen 1 and 2 are relatively easy to access, but I think it might get a bit tricky undubbing Sen 3.

why? Sorry i am quite unfamiliar with it, but isnt it basically get japanese copy, exttact the sound files, and put it into the English installed games?

flyingjohn

Arcane
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/10/1...mplete/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

i dunno they spend that much time/effort/money on voice acting. they could use them for *ahem* zero and ao

They have to have a dub because xseed couldn't license the original voices. Lucky for us that the jp voice files for Sen 1 and 2 are relatively easy to access, but I think it might get a bit tricky undubbing Sen 3.

why? Sorry i am quite unfamiliar with it, but isnt it basically get japanese copy, exttact the sound files, and put it into the English installed games?
Nope,because you need to get the rights for any voice/music things.
And that ain't happening considering Falcom isn't the sole owner of the copyright.
Edit:It is the same reason remasters have completely different music,copyright shenanigans.

Jinn

Arcane
Well, it's been less than a month and I already got the Trails itch so bad that I went ahead and bought SC at full price. I was trying to wait a little longer than that so it would feel more fresh jumping into the second one (and maybe try to catch it on sale), but I couldn't stop thinking about it and kind of craving it. I think I'm officially addicted to these games. I did not expect this.

Also don't mind paying full price if it will lead to the Legend of Heroes series to keep getting released on PC.

Deleted member 7219

So there's going to be a Trails of Cold Steel 4... interesting. They've broken the three episode curse of the Trails series. Well, if a series deserves more sequels it is definitely Cold Steel... it'll piss off the Rean haters though.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
They are two different story arcs that take place within neighboring countries and both have different main characters. However, the setting is the same and some TiTS characters appear in ToCS games too.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
There's also the "Crossbell" arc: Trails of Zero and Trails of Blue- which take place between Sky and Cold Steel.
They weren't officially translated yet, but there are fan translation projects in the works.

Jinn

Arcane
Though I must say that the game does become a true challenge on Hard, and it's not just HP bloat. There is always a way to overcome if you discover the right tactics, and you can get wiped out by making a silly mistake in even some of the smaller battles. I, for one, think Hard is where the battle system really shines. In normal, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about what I was doing.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Just brace yourself for a different type of structure and a different, more linear world design. If those don't bother you, it's just as good as FC and SC :5/5:

Jack Dandy

Arcane
I honestly didn't find it too much of a bother, myself! When you think about it, the first Trails games were also quite linear. You were always pretty much stuck in the same region until you beat all the related quests and then moved on to the next one.

Then again, I was never one of these guys who got a kick out of watching the NPCs constantly refreshing their dialogue after every cutscene.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Starting out on trails in the sky, are people remapping the controls to move the character with WASD on PC, or are you moving with the mouse? Or should I plug in my controller and it'll just be better that way. Would prefer to use MKB because it makes the menus way easier, but depends on what people are doing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom