Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda General Discussion Thread

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
I'm hearing that there will be three new titles announced at Bethesda's press conference. Wolfenstein is guaranteed, Evil Within 2 will probably be there and as for the third one.. I think it might be a DOOM expansion pack like The Old Blood was. It'd make sense to develop something like that now that a year has passed since DOOM first launched. Or it could be anything, pretty much every studio including the online one are working on unannounced projects so who knows.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
No, they have a separate team for that, which is also hiring programmers atm en massse. They're bulking up their engine team which before was really only like 10-ish people.

Probably taking Radiant AI to the next level then.

frajaq

Erudite
I can't even get that function of the website to work right now

It feels really weird that only on that site something like this would be leaked, maybe when the rumors of New Orleans came out the site's owner got really excited

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I can't even get that function of the website to work right now

It feels really weird that only on that site something like this would be leaked, maybe when the rumors of New Orleans came out the site's owner got really excited

I used that function. Its working, but the site is fragile.

I really want to know where and what is the database this site is accessing and getting this information. Dishonored III? TESVI? Fallout NO?

Too much information to someone just fake in a random website, but I want to know what database is this. Or we have just a huge lunatic on this website.

Sounds like just bullshit, anyway.

Hellion

Arcane
Todd Howard is announced to be part of the jury that will judge some game awards...

...and, as expected, hilarity ensues.

Shinji

Savant

PS: There's a timestamp in the video's description

2:24 - What was your role in creating the Elder Scrolls?
13:28 - How’d you get into programming?
22:06 - Elder Scrolls tabletop origins
31:18 - Arena’s influences
40:41 - Do you still talk to the original Elder Scrolls team?
49:33 - How could Daggerfall be improved with modern technology/experience?
53:47 - Improving procedural generation
1:11:34 - What could have been done if Daggerfall got another 6-12 months?
1:29:09 - PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
1:41:39 - Why do modern devs play it safe and not innovate?
1:43:51 - Tabula Rasa
1:46:07 - Favorite game to work on
1:48:45 - Were there any big plans for the Elder Scrolls after Battlespire?
1:51:53 - Machiavelli’s prudent archers
1:55:22 - Star Citizen
1:58:39 - Elite and Elite: Dangerous
2:00:49 - The Morrowind that never was
2:05:28 - The Witcher 3
2:07:31 - Elder Scrolls: Redguard
2:18:42 - Why did you leave Bethesda?
2:22:43 - What are you up to now?
2:32:06 - Do you agree with post-2000s Bethesda’s direction?
2:34:05 - What makes Daggerfall so special and immersive?
2:37:48 - Daggerfall fan remakes
2:44:59 - Do you still play music?
2:47:34 - Eric Heberling, composer for Daggerfall
2:49:16 - What games do you play now?
2:51:24 - Mods and paid mods
2:57:18 - Anything to say to fans/modders remaking your games?
2:58:41 - Naming the gods of Tamriel
2:59:39 - Was there any secret arc or plan for the story?
3:05:38 - Work on Skullgirls

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I don't really get why people are so obsessed with discussing something that will never happen.
Much the same reason people watch movies and play games that will never happen: escape.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Bethesda need to combine Daggerfall mechanics and Morrowind storytelling and maybe they will have a good game, but they will never do it now.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Bethesda need to combine Daggerfall mechanics and Morrowind storytelling and maybe they will have a good game, but they will never do it now.

Why? They continue to make millions on every release.

A game like this would be too ambitious.... look at the size of the world of Daggerfall, it would take years just to build the world with todays graphics(unless they would make it procedural again), and on top of that hand placed content of atleast quality of Morrowind..... it would take over 10 years probably just making this game.

It's easier to just dumb down Skyrim further.

Iznaliu

Arbiter

Why? They continue to make millions on every release.

A game like this would be too ambitious.... look at the size of the world of Daggerfall, it would take years just to build the world with todays graphics(unless they would make it procedural again), and on top of that hand placed content of atleast quality of Morrowind..... it would take over 10 years probably just making this game.

It's easier to just dumb down Skyrim further.

And most consumers wouldn't like it anyway, especially seeing as it is probably "out-of-date" on release with such a long development time, meaning that they've just wasted 10 years of their time.

Luzur

Good Sir
25498295_2024460204504240_6192130462048702819_n.jpg

I could actually see old stuff like climbing coming back. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was too big to avoid, so I could see the next Elder Scrolls getting climbing back, having weather play a role in what's happening, and being able to start fires...it's so weird they haven't gotten around to being about to set grass on fire yet.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Get ready guys for the Elder Scroll 6

This time the hero of tamriel will be a Gender Fluid Transexual with Empowered Femminists companions!

Lol what a trainwreck

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom