Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Interesting to see they dropped End Times from the subtitle. Also, let's hope for more than just Skaven this time around.

The first game was pretty cool but was severely hampered by the existence of loot. Sperglords who only cared about loot would only run the same easy 2 maps ad infinitum while the remaining maps (especially the larger, cooler and more difficult ones) almost never got played. I'm not sure if they added an incentive of some sort to run them (i.e. rarer or better loot being exclusive to those maps), but I stopped caring. The goal of the game should have been to beat the levels, not to get the fucking loot.

I think the game would have been much better served by having been allowed to stand on its own legs and the strengths of its level design, and not having any sort of character progression or loot at all, but apparently that's impossible these days.

I have no positive hopes for the sequel. They'll probably double down on the retarded loot and possibly add loot boxes. Fuck 'em.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Game is ruined by its own MP nature. Pubbies are too stupid to be of any help and really being efficient as a group requires autism.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
The first game was pretty cool but was severely hampered by the existence of loot. Sperglords who only cared about loot would only run the same easy 2 maps ad infinitum while the remaining maps (especially the larger, cooler and more difficult ones) almost never got played. I'm not sure if they added an incentive of some sort to run them (i.e. rarer or better loot being exclusive to those maps), but I stopped caring. The goal of the game should have been to beat the levels, not to get the fucking loot.

Ugh idk wtf is up with all the min/max wanna-be twitch MLGers in multiplayer games these days. Things didn't use to be this way then all of a sudden kids are bragging about how they spent $100 on a knife skin in csgo or whatever.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I would've preferred brand new characters over specializations, but hey. At least we get Chaos.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's on free weekend at the moment, try it and buy if you like it.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Its worth to grab first one?
It is like -75% on steam.

I had quite a lot of fun with the first one, but there's no denying it got old fast once you've run the maps a few times and after 70-odd hours I've not really got any compulsion to play it again. If it's 75% off I'd say it's a good deal for someone that likes co-op MP shooters, but be prepared to play the maps that have people running them, rather than the maps you might want to run.

I wonder if they've solved the basic problem of making the game about the loot for completing the maps, but yet giving people not enough reward for completing the hard maps so most pugs just run the easy ones over and over? I watched a bit of the stream but from what I saw it's just more of the same but with different maps and mobs. Did they give any info on the loot system?

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Well I tried free Vermintide and I had fun.
I mean its still Warhammer setting and you kill rats so it must be fun - and actually it is.
But even newbie me can see that loot system is really retarded and its best when you play with some friends.
Its fun enough to worth getting cheap.
Did I mention retarded loot system?
I also do not see point making 2nd part on killing chaos scum. I mean Chaos? Anything with chaos=not fun.
Why not greenskins?
anything with greenskins=fun

vonAchdorf

Arcane
After the lackluster "success" of Deathwatch, I fear we won't see another Space Marine "FPS" for some time.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I'd love a proper single player focussed Space Marine II, but I fear that no one's asking me for my opinion ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom