Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
A lot of people don't seem to realize that for hours and hours at the beginning of this game, when you see all but the lowest level enemies, you're supposed to flee. Then when you get stronger, you can come back to destroy everyone who made you piss yourself earlier in the game.

I remember people bitching about being too weak at every PB game launch but that's been a standard PB fare for the past 15 years and thank Jesus for that.

As much as I love Dark Souls its "you can kill pretty much anything on lvl 1 swinging salami if you git gud" philosophy isn't exactly briliant. RPGs have to simulate a sense of progress and PB has always been great at that while From has not.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
The melee is absolutely atrocious, I am starting to get salty for the D1P, Risen 2&3 were at least functional. I hope the next cities pick up in quality.

I mean look at this, I don't even have to fucking slow it down.

The incompetence here is outstanding, your damn radius for target U.I. is so small that some enemies can attack you before the target lock activates, seriously what the hell. This is basic stuff.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I had 5 grenades,tried to fight some reavers,I trew those fucking grenades right between their fucking legs and 3 of them did absolutely no damage or at least stun or know them down.

This has to be the most pathetic game I played in a while,absolute garbage tier game,when it comes to combat and controls in general.

Nope,uninstalled and waiting a few months for this shit to get fixed otherwise I'll break something,I don't have patience for these unfinished games anymore

This has nothing to do with combat being broken or "janky." You are too low level and your equipment, including grenades, is too crap to be facing human opponents, let alone multiple humans. Until you level up A LOT and get much better equipment that can penetrate their armor, you are not a predator, you are prey. When a pack of predators stumbles on a deer, the deer doesn't try to kill them, it runs away.

A lot of people don't seem to realize that for hours and hours at the beginning of this game, when you see all but the lowest level enemies, you're supposed to flee. Then when you get stronger, you can come back to destroy everyone who made you piss yourself earlier in the game. But anyone who tries to play Elex like a standard action RPG (where you can kill everything) is going to be miserable. Stop punching yourself in the face!

Bullshit,some of them hit and almost halved their hp bar and properly knocked them down.The grenade even slightly damaged and displaced a troll,so you are pretty much wrong.

There's a huge problem with the hitbox and there's some sort of delayed hit reg,like I'm playing a fucking online game,it's ridiculous.

Another fucked up problem for ranged players,after you shoot your gun for a while your char gets locked and becomes unresponsive till you get hit,sometimes it gets locked but you can equip/unequip.

So many problems and so little patience

PrettyDeadman

I run away from berserker city at lvl 3. Met Falk at processor, recruited him, went to dom city. Now running around letting Falk kill enemies which one shot me (and I do zero damage to them), getting 5-10 experience per kill.
Am I doing it right?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I run away from berserker city at lvl 3. Met Falk at processor, recruited him, went to dom city. Now running around letting Falk kill enemies which one shot me (and I do zero damage to them), getting 5-10 experience per kill.
Am I doing it right?

Yep,why should the great commander alb Jax do any damage when there's a lowly cleric who can 1-2 shot enemies despite him saying that he's not that great at fighting.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
The melee is absolutely atrocious, I am starting to get salty for the D1P, Risen 2&3 were at least functional. I hope the next cities pick up in quality.
I think the issue is the funky target lock system. If you hold down only A or D it circles around the enemy instead of just moving left or right, so that first video can be explained by the dodge circlestrafing at the enemy weapon hitbox instead of straight away because the enemy is the center and both A and D and their dodges circle around the center. IMO, they should add an option to turn off the target lock, does more harm than good.

bataille

Arcane
The most important question is: are there any wigs in the game? Or, preferably, some implant that can project a holographic pompadour on that gloomy skull.

PrettyDeadman

Btw if you go to dom city, teleport there also unlocks teleporter to hort. I believe its a home base for clerics, so you could traverl their fast and join clerics or whatever.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I wonder how many people don't realize there is a target lock key.

What they advertised: Gothic
What I expected: Gothic
What it's actually like: Gothic

This game has an actually extreme amount of choices and consequences, and so much is locked behind skill checks with skill points being very rare. Wow.

I highly recommend it with the usual PB caveats: a few bugs and janky combat.

Elex

Arbiter

gXIYSdC.jpg

Kahr

Got the chain sabre and now all of a sudden things die.
Combat isn't annoying anymore. Actually quite entertaining.
Game opens up like hell after 5 hours.
:love:

PrettyDeadman

Is the definition of Janky - "I suck real bad."?
It actually is pretty janky if you play on Ultra and fight hard monsters. A lot of running around due to doing zero damage & dying in 2 hits make you really feel it.

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
That's the nature of damage reduction systems. If you do 22 damage vs 21 DR you are doing 1 damage per hit. If you do 32 damage to 21 DR you are doing ten times the amount of damage you were. On a 50 HP monster that's the difference between 50 swings and 5. That's the way it's been in all Gothic/Risen games I believe.

TF

Educated
Good heavens! I'm away from my homeland so unable to buy just yet, but a cursory viewing of an opening gameplay video, and now this thread, makes it abundantly clear this is a righteous return to the glory of Gothic 1 & 2.

G3 was suckage, and the gayness of Risen overwhelmed me from playing more than 20 mins of that series. So this is a major surprise.

I'll be buying this for certain. It's a miracle it exists, really. Must hand it to PB for their tenacity.

Oh, and for anyone using the term 'janky' non-ironically, I'll be very happy to terminate your life systems. PM me and let's meet up!

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Is the definition of Janky - "I suck real bad."?
It actually is pretty janky if you play on Ultra and fight hard monsters. A lot of running around due to doing zero damage & dying in 2 hits make you really feel it.

Why are you playing on Ultra then? Wouldn't it make more sense to play the game at the default settings the combat was designed for and around to judge it?

On a side note I really enjoy that I am proven more and more correct on my theories and summations on game difficulty and player response based on the hipster level of the game. Since this game doesn't have the hipster stamp of approval the combat sucks.

Tigranes

Arcane
Every PB combat feels fucked up and incomprehensible for the first few hours, even when you've played every previous title multiple times. Once you 'get' it you're in a position to realise what's going on and point out flaws that remain. I'm reserving judgment until I can kill more than these mudcrab blobs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom