Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You guys know that troll right at the beginning? I lured the whole bandit asshole gang that is hanging out close by to it. I thought this battle would last for a while, I mean looking back to Gothic 3 days when a battle could take days. Nope. The troll just roflstomped all those guys in 10 seconds flat. I now fear the troll.

Elex

Arbiter
Found a way without renaming folder.

Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ELEX\data\ini
Open mount_packed.xml with notepad++ or similar program.
Change PhysicalPath="$(savedgames)/ELEX/SaveGames"
to PhysicalPath="save=SaveGames"
Start new game and watch unskippable intro movie again/

Actually this doesn't work for me.
This line IS work PhysicalPath="save=SaveGames"

Found this video, that explain how to actually fight instead of running away all the time, the only problem it's without text, so please decifer it for me - I see there are combos, but how to do that?

timing, just like gothic, but this time the correct timing also increase the bar a bar that increase damage, spam attack increase the bar only a little, the right timing instead full the bar in few swing. Also the correct timing translate in a better combo animation that end in a special attack that deplete combo bar.
you need also full stamina for perform a good combo.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Does combat have 'impact' behind it? Risen 2 and 3 were awful in that regard.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Another thing I noticed. Not sure if you have run around with a companion yet but it's pretty impressive how they manage to follow you around even when you use the jet-pack. My in-game pal follows me everywhere, up and down cliffs. Often to my death.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
fantadomat how do you have charaisma 5? I've leveled up 4-5 times and can't get any talents because stats are too low
I am saving points and hating my self for this. I am going for the 30 cunning and 50 intellect,and buying all the xp skills and the one that gives one bonus point every level. The levelling is extremely slow because how little xp the enemies give. I am 16-18 hours in the game and i am only 11 level. I even got all the skill checks in the dialogues. Now i just got to level 3 lockpicking with the amulet and am going to pump my battle stats. Sadly the enemies are super sponges. I am wasting a arrow for xp point by now. Shooting a raptor takes around 50 arrows.:stunned:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Another thing I noticed. Not sure if you have run around with a companion yet but it's pretty impressive how they manage to follow you around even when you use the jet-pack. My in-game pal follows me everywhere, up and down cliffs. Often to my death.

Also when they die, they will res again, and I've been using this to my advantage a bit too much. I've had Crystal (Whatever her name is) wipe out many an enemy on her own. I leveled up from 3-6 just from her killing hard enemies.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Translating the fake lettwers are surprisingly easy. Quite interesting too.

This piece is probably cleric propaganda
c0HvKUt.jpg

Up left: choose your side
Down left; consuming elex will kill more than your soul

Right: your purity is calaan's power
Correct me if i got it wrong

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
timing, just like gothic, but this time the correct timing also increase the bar a bar that increase damage, spam attack increase the bar only a little, the right timing instead full the bar in few swing. Also the correct timing translate in a better combo animation that end in a special attack that deplete combo bar.
Be more elaborate please, I played Gothic long ago.
Timing - how can I understand when the time is right?

Geckabor

Savant
I'm missing so many dialogue checks since I haven't learned anything yet... So where can I find this Cleric recruiter? Exploration is really nice by the way, the jetpack is great.

Geckabor

Savant
Also, if I want to help the clerics, what should I do with the looted weapons? Give it to the cleric in the berserker camp or can I give them to the clerics diretly later on?

Elex

Arbiter
Be more elaborate please, I played Gothic long ago.
Timing - how can I understand when the time is right?
look at the "combo bar" swing and the bar will start fill, there is a small white | on the bar, when the combometer reach that | swing again you can also look at animation and press the attack only at the end of the animation.
instead if you smash the attack the bar don't have time to fill.

frajaq

Erudite
So does increasing the difficulty in the game just make enemies have more health or....?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So does increasing the difficulty in the game just make enemies have more health or....?
I didn't saw much difference in that aspect,tried playing on easy damage and that dame no difference. Also there is a custom difficulty options.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It turns out that the jetpack, which appeared gimmicky when they first revealed it (and their vertical exploration), was actually a good idea.

Yup. Zooming around with it is pretty fun.

Also it has fairly much utility in combat, particularly given the combat's wonkiness. But even so, before playing I feared it would be super broken OP, yet it turns out that like half the fucking enemies have SAM countermeasures against your cheese.

Played all day today. Shit is GUD.

tekknej

Novice
can some of you fine enlightened gentlemen show a screencap of custom difficulty settings?

youhomofo

Augur
So can anyone tell me what the deal is with the Outlaws? What's their gimmick? Not magic, not high tech. Then what? Why would I pick them over the other two factions? (aside from the fact that I think outlaws are cool d00ds)

Also, if I don't choose to join the clerics does that mean I won't have access to the best high tech goodies? Or can I still get some laz0r guns somehow? Speaking of guns, are they complete ass? Or are they actually worth using?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom