Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Yeah, it's definitely a loading "effect".

Does anyone get really dark buildings when you first enter them as well? I'm guessing it's for the same reason.
I think that is an effect to simulate your eyes getting used to darkness and light.

Makes sense, though it seems a bit extreme.

Gothic 1 & 2 definetely did this, I remember last time playing with fan patches and having sliders for "interior fade in/out distance" - guess when you make a game seamless you gotta cover up tiny load screens everywhere.

Also, Elex's DOF setting is so ridiculous lol, make sure you turn that shit off - basically roleplaying someone with shortsightedness. It's not dynamic either so, again, seems like an effect to assist pop-ins.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If the setting was anything besides Robots + Dinosaurs + Mana Barbarians.. I would almost be tempted to buy it.

Yeah robots and dinosaurs seem to be the new elves and dwarves. Still, elves and dwarves fucking annoy me to no end whereas robots and dinos don't, yet.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
This is in the back of the artbook ;) Keep your eyes peeled, just incase...

SXOxc9i.png

Cross

Arcane
Watched a Let's Play of this.

Player approaches some sort of commotion occuring in the distance.

Game transitions to a cutscene in which the protagonist walks up to the scene, which turns out to be some power armour wearing guys fending off wild life with their laser guns.

Cutscene ends and game resumes with the player standing right next to the power armour dudes. With the wild life killed, they turn their attention to him. He tries to run away and is promptly killed.
:prosper:

Last edited:

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
god damn it, will not have time to play until the end of the month...

someone mentioned possible respawning - in gothics, the only thing respawning where monsters that you yourself didn't kill (even if you assisted), i guess as not penalizing you for not getting experience for them

and of course when you pick up some quests - i really hope those are the only ones now as well

Elex

Arbiter
Watched a Let's Play of this.

Player approaches some sort of commotion occuring in the distance.

Game transitions to a cutscene in which the protagonist walks up to the scene, which turns out to be some power armour wearing guys fending off wild life with their laser guns.

Cutscene ends and game resumes with the player standing right next to the power armour dudes. With the wild life killed, they turn their attention to him. He tries to run away and is promptly killed.
:prosper:
"you came to the wrong cutscene commander"
also the game have overwrite all the saves.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was running from a mutant and a raptor... I ran through an area where 3 more raptors were chilling and then they started chasing me as well.
I kept running and they kept chasing me. I ran for my life to a guy I had to talk to for a quest, the monsters leaped at us and I activated my jetpack to get the fuck out and they killed that NPC.

Quest failed.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
There are Cleric skill checks in the Berserker town. Is it possible to run all the way to the clerics at level 1?

Yes, they have a small base next to the area where you collect the five cleric weapons. They are very friendly and welcome strangers with open arms. Their name tags say reavers or something like that but don't let it fool you.

They seemed like such nice fellows, it's a real shame how someone accidentally just happened to drag a troll from the nearby fields into their camp. Poor troll was just looking for some friends and hugged them all.

X16KXK2.jpg

Elex

Arbiter
There are Cleric skill checks in the Berserker town. Is it possible to run all the way to the clerics at level 1?

Yes, they have a small base next to the area where you collect the five cleric weapons. They are very friendly and welcome strangers with open arms. Their name tags say reavers or something like that but don't let it fool you.

They seemed like such nice fellows, it's a real shame how someone accidentally just happened to drag a troll from the nearby fields into their camp. Poor troll was just looking for some friends and hugged them all.

X16KXK2.jpg
you trolled them
http://thenerdstash.com/elex-review/

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Found a way without renaming folder.

Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ELEX\data\ini
Open mount_packed.xml with notepad++ or similar program.
Change PhysicalPath="$(savedgames)/ELEX/SaveGames"
to PhysicalPath="save=SaveGames"
Start new game and watch unskippable intro movie again/

Actually this doesn't work for me.
This line IS work PhysicalPath="save=SaveGames"

Found this video, that explain how to actually fight instead of running away all the time, the only problem it's without text, so please decifer it for me - I see there are combos, but how to do that?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Amazon reviews in Germany are pretty good (especially on console, where there's no whining about the late Steam unlock), lots of 5* from Gothic fans, of course.

frajaq

Erudite
I rushed to the Cleric base like a moron at Level 6, bypassing countless dangers only to be turned down at a gate, apparently they had a recruiter somewhere in a earlier zone that I missed :negative:

the word "janky" has now reached unbearable buzzword status, equivalent to "gunplay". All of these popamole youtube reviewer retards spout that shit out 10x every minute to describe everything that doesn't fit a homogenized cutscene simulator in which you press A for awesome for x amount of hours until you get to the end.

Elex has sold 27k copies on Steam, so basically the same as Grimoire. :hero:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Elexit? Elex version of Brexit?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom