Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
3) This game was released for consoles with a preload prior to the non-preload release of the civilized PC. This shows that PB, as was obvious from their Gothic days, is and wants to be a console only dev, with the PC as the monkeys they just shit on. This is unacceptable and if I had anything else to play I would return this game in protest and only buy this console filth when it went on sale for $10. But I don't so I won't. But my rage is roaming frothily. Fucking savage console devs. Fuck you.
This is clearly the decision of the publisher, considering how sub-par the performance of the console versions are - PB have always shown apathy towards console port quality. Unless you think it's been their plan as a "console only dev" to create under-performing products on their "favourite" platform? They do it because they have to, when you're under a big publisher, you rarely have a say these days either.

I don't care about who made the call, just that the call was made. And yes, the certainly favor the console since it is clear and has been clear since Gothic 1. Compare any game developed with only the PC in mind and compare it to any PB game. You will see the difference between console and good.

Neither Gothic 1, nor 2 nor 3 were released for console. The first game they released for console was Risen.

Also lol at your claim that Gothic is a console game with light roleplay elements. Just shows you never really played one of the most presticious rpg series while you have time to play fucking mass effect andromeda.

Maybe it is time for you to stop trying to lecture people.

Gothic was certainly developed for the console. Even if I didn't know that to be true I'd still know it to be true. You should change your name to Dr. Wrong.

Tigranes

Arcane
I thought the jetpack would be idiotic, but it's actually really intuitive and cool for exploration.

Kind of feels like Risen island a bit higher in latitude with random ruins of 1980s farms thrown in.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
how do I raise charisma? Is it the last option in the skills or is it a talent?

It raises automatically when you train a charisma skill. The first lady in the berserker town trains charisma skills. I reloaded as having charisma for dialogue is nice, I'd rather be machine of rapine destruction. I have 2 training points. I'm thinking pickpocket and a melee talent. Or maybe pickpocket and lockpick to help fund my rapine destruction. But thinking like that I could have got one of the charisma skills to make my rapine destruction cheaper or happen sooner with xp increases. Hmmm.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Gothic was certainly developed for the console. Even if I didn't know that to be true I'd still know it to be true. You should change your name to Dr. Wrong.

I like how this threat got the retarded pictures. I'm sure the factual truth is retarded to all you guys. That is why I call all of you retarded all the time.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I liked Risen 2 and 3, I'd probably like Gothic too but I can't get them to run.

I have all the Risens but never got into any of them, just like with the Gothics. You seem like a console kid so if you like console games with heavy rpg elements you will like this game. To me it is better than the Gothics and Risens, and I have impeccable taste.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
There is some stupid shit in this game :retarded:
bow.png

This asshole is sending me on a quest to find his bow......apparently the shit on his back is not a bow at all.
:0-13:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
You're a stupid obnoxious queer and don't you dare call me console trash.

But you like console games and are a kid, right? I'm not following.

no wonder yes' company won't let him send email out freely

I can, but because I want to look smarter than I am I choose not to. My work lady is an English Master and after years of changing my retarded blatherings into coherent thoughts clearly communicated, I see no reason to change this or be ashamed of it. My stupider and more nonsensical emails have a special email group to go to even. Technically I'm her boss, but without a long explanation of our history she has taken the liberty of giving herself veto power over basically everything I do. Sometimes when she used to veto my more racy emails I'd make some altercations and send it out myself. This usually didn't end up with a check in the win category, so to further protect me from myself she now sends that shit to a group of people we are close to so I get to send out stupid shit and not have it bite me in the ass. Since I "work" a lot at home now with telework she is becoming more necessary. It seems the less I actually work at work the faster my mind is spiraling into the gutters and the more inane weird shit I send her.

Jinn

Arcane
Serious fundamental problem here that I've found, unfortunately. No numerical representations for HP, Mana, Stamina, Charisma, Survival, etc. Someone please tell me I'm an idiot and missing something. Otherwise, it'll surely be something they patch in, or it's a bug.

v1rus

Arcane
Finally got it installed. Skipped all cutscenes, ran around the world for a bit.

Game is beautiful and seems rather optimized, combat feels clunky but that good Gotihc sort of clunky, not sure how will it go with this kind of graphics and esthetics tho. From the little I've seen jetpack looks like tons of fun and dialogues are classic Gothic hobos spewing retarded stuff :obviously:. Sadly, seems like voice acting is a whole new level of terribad - instead of ironic approach that this kind of lines require, its like they went full "serious acting brah" which ruins both of those. Then again, I literally heard couple of lines from the first guy you meet then skipped the rest of it so I could play with my jetpack. Off to bed, so tomorrow I could do some

E L E X

Doma

Augur
I really dont like these Beserker dickbags. Can I just GTFO and go try and find the outlaws? Or do I have to stay here a bit for the main quest or something?

Jinn

Arcane
Sadly, seems like voice acting is a whole new level of terribad - instead of ironic approach that this kind of lines require, its like they went full "serious acting brah" which ruins both of those. Then again, I literally heard couple of lines from the first guy you meet then skipped the rest of it so I could play with my jetpack. Off to bed, so tomorrow I could do some

Hmmm. I've been enjoying the english voice acting in a very Gothic way. Cheesy, but it hits the spot real good.

v1rus

Arcane
Sadly, seems like voice acting is a whole new level of terribad - instead of ironic approach that this kind of lines require, its like they went full "serious acting brah" which ruins both of those. Then again, I literally heard couple of lines from the first guy you meet then skipped the rest of it so I could play with my jetpack. Off to bed, so tomorrow I could do some

Hmmm. I've been enjoying the english voice acting in a very Gothic way. Cheesy, but it hits the spot real good.

Can you change VA into, say, german? That would work wonders for me I think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom