Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

COGMIND - Turn-Based Sci-Fi Roguelike - now available on Early Access

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Stroll on over to Cogmind's steam page and educate yourself. You will find that it is a classic ROGUELIKE that is truly unique.

Unique as in a roguelike with content? I'd rather not waste my time doing your bidding when you can answer with a quick yes or no like a civilized person.

Does this game have content or not?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Please define content

Quests, npcs with dialogues and choices, towns, things other than combat and dungeon. You know, content. The stuff that takes real time and energy to implement and makes games worth playing.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Please define content

Quests, npcs with dialogues and choices, towns, things other than combat and dungeon. You know, content. The stuff that takes real time and energy to implement and makes games worth playing.

This post sums up what is wrong with you.

If liking content is wrong, oh Lord I don't want to be right!

Why has no one been able to answer a simple question? I think its safe to assume the answer is no, this game has no content, or else it would have been answered instead of side stepped and hidden.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
It's basically about collecting and constantly replacing parts, also about pumping up 4 basic stats when you advance to another level

It reminds me of a much more sophisticated version of the old sci-fi blobber Captive, not just looking for better parts, but checking out quite a variety of ways to build and rebuild your bot

Last edited:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
That game has lots of content, just not your definition of content

It has the cheap and easy stuff. Not the good stuff. This game is like rolling paper. Content is the weed. Can you smoke rolling paper? Sure, but its much better with anything rolled in it. That's the good content.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I find NPCs and cities in RPGs most of the time a nuisance and time waster, and C&C something I find amusing if well done, but can do entirely without. All I care about is dungeon design and combat, monsters, itemization, chests, char dev, party builds etc.

But to each his own

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I find NPCs and cities in RPGs most of the time a nuisance and time waster, and C&C something I find amusing if well done, but can do entirely without. All I care about is dungeon design and combat, monsters, itemization, chests, char dev, party builds etc.

But to each his own

Yes, rpg mechanics. I like my rpgs to have that well done too. Rpg mechanics when coupled with rpg content makes rpgs. I like rpgs.

Stroll on over to Cogmind's steam page and educate yourself. You will find that it is a classic ROGUELIKE that is truly unique.

Unique as in a roguelike with content? I'd rather not waste my time doing your bidding when you can answer with a quick yes or no like a civilized person.

Does this game have content or not?

Now see here you ridiculous little man - I shouldn't be doing this, but hit this link for more info : http://www.gridsagegames.com/cogmind/

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron

But to each his own

Yes, rpg mechanics. I like my rpgs to have that well done too. Rpg mechanics when coupled with rpg content makes rpgs. I like rpgs.

Only that this is a Roguelike. Do you like Angband, Crawl, etc? Even in more fleshed out RLs like Qud or ADoM, combat and survival is 99,9% of the game. Seriously, wtf is wrong with you? Get the hell out of here and play the RoA-remake or sth. similar.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

But to each his own

Only that this is a Roguelike. Do you like Angband, Crawl, etc? Even in more fleshed out RLs like Qud or ADoM, combat and survival is 99,9% of the game. Seriously, wtf is wrong with you? Get the hell out of here and play the RoA-remake or sth. similar.

I used to try them all until I realized what all of them are lacking (content). I did enjoy TOME, which is considered a roquelike but has content. These games have the same issue as dungeon crawlers and jrpgs. They are mislabeled and lacking the stuff that make rpgs rpgs, and since I like rpgs and can't get into other genres mislabeled as rpgs regardless of whatever sprinkling of it may be included I have to ask clarifying questions so I don't waste my time.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
YES! suffers from the same retardation as all those noobs who ask where's the roleplaying in Wizardry and then start talking about larping and shit, same as Sawyer saying that he wouldn't consider Wizardry an RPG if it were published today, it shortchanges the roots of the genre in favor of elements that only came in play much later, fun elements to be sure (everyone loves Fallout) but they aren't essential to a large number of games and labeling them as the only content shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the CRPG genre

tl;tr YES! is a moron

Palikka

Arcane
It's good.
6C6D10EF39FB37EE950A819B6AA1CF0CF347CEB9

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom