Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

soulburner

Cipher
Seeing the videos and screenshots... is it possible to move the camera a bit to the left to make the character in the center of the screen?

Elex

Arbiter
SRUNkVi.png

Toilet paper and cigarettes? Suddenly life isn't so bad...
toilet paper value in a post apocalyptic world is too low, should be one of the most precious things.

waterdeep

Learned
already the voice acting is god awful seriously god awful, with your character Jax talking to himself almost constantly. the names sound like something a child would come up with, magalan? albs? no customization. you're stuck with a cookie cutter action hero looking dude. you can't remap any of the buttons no matter how stupid *on the gamepad* X for jump and A to sheath is! the combat is basically dark souls lite, with light and heavy attacks, dodge rolling and blocking/parrying. i only played a little so far and the graphics are way underwhelming, i found myself clipping through the floor and bouncing up and down when i picked up those first arrows..... textures are horrendus and combat feels totally weird, not even feeling like it has any weight to it, just.. smacking the enemies around. the game feels unfinished. i almost feel like i want a refund for this hot mess. but, i will withhold total judgement until i get further in the game. for now? i do not recommend this game. i feel cheated already.

Erikolaiz

Educated

T. Reich

Arcane
already the voice acting is god awful seriously god awful, with your character Jax talking to himself almost constantly. the names sound like something a child would come up with, magalan? albs? no customization. you're stuck with a cookie cutter action hero looking dude. you can't remap any of the buttons no matter how stupid *on the gamepad* X for jump and A to sheath is! the combat is basically dark souls lite, with light and heavy attacks, dodge rolling and blocking/parrying. i only played a little so far and the graphics are way underwhelming, i found myself clipping through the floor and bouncing up and down when i picked up those first arrows..... textures are horrendus and combat feels totally weird, not even feeling like it has any weight to it, just.. smacking the enemies around. the game feels unfinished. i almost feel like i want a refund for this hot mess. but, i will withhold total judgement until i get further in the game. for now? i do not recommend this game. i feel cheated already.

GTFO, you 2017 piece of trash.

Mortmal

Arcane
Well as one of the rare french readers here , review can sums up as ELEX is utter shit, an unmitigated disaster. I am not joking alas. There's apparently not a single thing he likes , he's bashing the game from the begining to the end. However the reviewer sounds like an edgy teen who's having fun bashing a game because he did not get goodies and a paycheck from the publisher. Gamekult is also a very mainstream site and french do hate germans with a passion almost as much we hate each others.If there's an honest french review it will be on canard PC.

But he DOES like the jetpack. :edgy:
Yeah but really that review , its like watching a tough guy kicking an hobo who's already on the ground and pissing on him.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
Some disparate notes:

- According to my system diagnostics, the game is not too CPU-heavy. Obviously demands some punch from the GPU but I'm running on full hd with almost everything maxed and getting nice frame rates and temperatures are okay. Quality on lower settings is not that much worse, so the game should be quite playable also on some older systems.

- You cannot change direction mid-air when jumping. This will enrage casuals.

- Climbing mechanic is much more forgiving than, say, Risen 1, as you don't need to position yourself that exactly for the Nameless Hero Jax to climb ledges. Also, you can climb trees! This I have not seen before in PB games (I havent played Risen 2 or 3 because of reasons). PB have probably tried to take some inspiration from assassins creed's fast-paced running and climbing. More playing needed for a verdict on how well it works.

- Nameless Hero Jax can't smoke the cigarettes you find in the tutorial. Severe disappointment, pretty sure he would need a smoke. Hopefully he finds better stuff down the road.

- Ambience so far seem okay, PB definitely tries to evoke fallout-esque post-apoc vibes but the game also immediately feels like a PB game.

- The bow's reload speed is much faster than you'd expect based on the melee weapon speed.

- Some invisible walls in some areas, and you can't seem to roll over edges - WTH?

- Interface and menu navigating is geared towards consoles, you can thankfully use both right-click and escape to navigate backwards from menus although the only indicated keybind is backspace.

Back to the game.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Love the game so far, it has all that old Gothic charm and then some. Found an axe, killed my first rotoboar thingy on the third attempt. Pretty good character models:

qObh3C1.png

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's good that you like the character models 'cause you're gonna see at lot of the same ones in World of Clones ELEX

donjn

Educated
Love the game so far, it has all that old Gothic charm and then some. Found an axe, killed my first rotoboar thingy on the third attempt. Pretty good character models:

qObh3C1.png

His head is a little small and....holy buckets, those tiny hands!

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The first companion is fucking retarded,the bastard waits for the monsters to kill me and only then he attacks them and kills them with a hit or two,great fucking ai right there.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Got to the first town. The game is really great so far. Some hiccups here and there, but they are surely a patch material.

Danikas

Arcane
The first companion is fucking retarded,the bastard waits for the monsters to kill me and only then he attacks them and kills them with a hit or two,great fucking ai right there.
He lets you face your inner demons alone so you can become stronger. And if you fail he shows you how pathetic your performance was, in the process displaying his combat prowess by roflstomping the rat you were fighting. Such is the world of ELEX :australia:.

Erikolaiz

Educated
There's public urination. I spoke to a smug grinning fool with glasses while he was taking a piss, and as he turned around to face me he kept peeing on me for a brief moment. Thank you, ELEX!

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom