Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
For everyone's information, you need to do the new quest and then go up the path behind Konzo (bald bounty guy) to find a fancy glowing door that'll open when you're switched to Operator. Inside you get the Power Glove, new Operator stuff and unlock the rest of the Focus powers in each tree.

Uhh, did I miss a part of a quest somewhere? Because
isn't that not-teshin guy the one the womyn was looking for? So he just squats there in his mancave and nobody knows?
Yea it's him, I figure his aging bald friend knows that he's hiding in the mancave tho. They probably planned it together.

Can you pop some moles and have fun solo in this game? I played it when it was in beta years ago but haven't kept up.
you can solo as in going completely alone, but past some level it's going to be very hard to survive without using some exploits or taking half an hour in stealth for every kill trying not to rise alarms. for all the normal missions you can be accompained by some random guys doing the same, which most of the times it's like bringing along some very bad bots.
all in all, it's an extremely misantrophy-friendly game.

eklektyk

Erudite
got all my glassframe parts
now coms THE FUN part - farming for resources to assemble them :)

and btw fishing with ivara is the way to go ... geting easy on all the places and not getin bothered by those pesky greeneer ..

Wild Slop

Arcane
Orokin Catalyst up on alert for the next 1/2 hr

For everyone's information, you need to do the new quest and then go up the path behind Konzo (bald bounty guy) to find a fancy glowing door that'll open when you're switched to Operator. Inside you get the Power Glove, new Operator stuff and unlock the rest of the Focus powers in each tree.

Uhh, did I miss a part of a quest somewhere? Because
isn't that not-teshin guy the one the womyn was looking for? So he just squats there in his mancave and nobody knows?
I got the feeling I was missing something with this too. Maybe you get a 'Come and speak with me message upon completing X quest (Gara, certain standing rank)?? Once inside that room and he had that item waiting for you it felt like I was coming to pick up an expected item, it felt haphazard.
I'm not sure if you must complete Gara to get door to open but if you don't I got no prompt afterwards

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Can you pop some moles and have fun solo in this game? I played it when it was in beta years ago but haven't kept up.
you can solo as in going completely alone, but past some level it's going to be very hard to survive without using some exploits or taking half an hour in stealth for every kill trying not to rise alarms. for all the normal missions you can be accompained by some random guys doing the same, which most of the times it's like bringing along some very bad bots.
all in all, it's an extremely misantrophy-friendly game.
The only real exception to soloability is just the Teralyst, but then again the Teralyst is something you really shouldn't want to do or care about because you only get the ability to kill more Teralysts from killing Teralysts, and the Teralyst is the worst thing in the game's history to begin with.

Wild Slop

Arcane
(I refer to some prior clan chat points below)

I did another battle with only 3 guys and we did pretty good, screwed up the probe/Lure part somehow though. I'm thinking some of them go stuck on terrain while following us around in our hunt for where the Eidolon reappeared at.

For better boss drops the group needs 4 Lures, and they need to be 'charged' with the energy of the mini ones.
Void zap or just shoot off its armor with a gun and while its in spirit form take care not to kill them, the Lure should absorb it if within range.
I don't know how many charges but based off the lights that turn on it seems to be at least 2.

What I was calling its death throes is a final phase where it calls in many mini ones which will charge it back up, they need to be dealt and the Eidolon itself may need to be void zapped to bring down and sheild charged gained back... all the while the probes are supposed to be doing something mysterious. :itsamystery:

Each time the Eiodolon retreats from a phase it may drop an exceptional core (I missed one of the 3 last run).

The invisible Eidolon thing happens when it has more than 100% shield drain. So I guess 3 SDs max to be safe and be careful not to have too many co-action drifts.

*Overall, while it takes more attention, I'm thinking Zenurik is coming out pretty good in terms of energy restore. I like that team can benefit from it too.
+5 energy restore for 30 secs for team once leaving the power circle. And making new power circles is easy and fast. - good deal

eklektyk

Erudite
depending of who you ask you need 2 to 6 lures and somebody to heal them

problem is that big dudes are heavily bugged and they can spawn loot below terain [ something like bug when you start faling theu and fallin and falin ...]

on a fasion front - if you guys care for decorration thers a deal for wisp statue - you "only" need to link your twich with warframe and leve it open for an hour on approwed stream idling

it loks nice on baro pedestal :)

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Finally got some time to properly test PoE now. It's pretty obvious that DE has no experience with open world design. Bigger companies made mistakes, then fixed them after extensive playtesting. DE either didn't learn from them, or were simple simply thinking "lol, they just don't do this because they are not as manly as we are lol". Either way it's baaaad.

A few examples:

Bombard mortars: pinpoint accuracy missile and mortar shells for extra ragdoll fun. I was playing a lvl10-30 bounty with Mesa and lost 4 lives during the defense mission. Even tho I was running around like mad, I got simply stunlocked by all those explosives fired at me from far away.

Visibility range: enemies can see you from too far away. Other devs limit their range for a reason. Having some camp on the horizon charge at you while trying to fish is mildly annoying.

High grass: again, other devs don't use it, because the AI cannot comprehend. Either she is on par with the playerand doesn't see anything, making them a sitting duck. Or she see right through it, making it only a hassle for players, since they can't hide inside it. If devs use it, you can set it on fire to get enemies out. Wouldn't even work in Warframe.

No escape: running away to regenrate doesn't really work. Since there is some secret alert triggered, enemies and gunships will spawn right beside you all the time. RAEG.

Gunships: a little too powerful for my liking. I got killed in 4 seconds while typing from a strafing run. On the other hand they have an ungodly amount of hps to go through while being fired at. You can take cover from stationary turrets, from gunships? Not really.

Choice of frames: because of all this, the choice of frames is pretty much limited to high def frames, like Rhino/Utlus/Catframe/Stickboi. While Mesa helps against high grass, DE didn't bother to code target points for peacemaker on anything that flies. Plus her shield helps zero against bombards.
I have no idea how 1-hit-kill frames like Nova/Bashee/Embae are suppopsed to do this. Ability range doesn't scale with that ridiculous enemy range...

Looks like they tested it with fully pimped operator/focus using asswing, but not for lowly footsloggers. Or maybe they want to herd us into group play? Don't want.

Says a lot aboot your game when people prefer fishing over bounties for standing after all... :salute:

Gerrard

Arcane
PROTIP: to kill the enemies, shoot at them until they die. Should've prepared that sniper rifle bro.
:troll:

People prefer fishing because the bounty rewards are shit compared to the amount of time it takes.

eklektyk

Erudite
or get pimped out opticor and blow them up before they disembark from their sky taxi :)

bounties 1to3 are doable solo on ember with ease
altho after you get gara prints i dont know why would you bother with first two ...

bounties 4 and 5 are fucked up beyond belive if you try to pug them :) and ember dies in one hit from most of stuff there :) so good and cooperating team plus nonsquishy frame is required to kill stuff fast enough before they kill you :) for that reason im just doing 3rd bounty to farm lenses and fish - rest is shit

i don't understand. i'm the laziest lazy ass ember user, i don't bring pizzas with me, i'm not a minmaxer and i have barely a couple of primed mods, obviously not maxed.
my ember did perfectly fine in max level bounties.
the game didn't, the netcode even less, but the ember did fine.

Vaarna_Aarne

I did hear that you basically have to do the shit-pay Bounties until you can get the fishing and mining tools, which I thankfully now have.

Though this does nothing to change the fact that the teralyst is a huge waste of time and a completely worthless addition without any gameplay value.

Wild Slop

Arcane
One Patch + Hotfix later and Gill standing was adjusted for the better.

The SD "trick" was " "fixed" " however word of pug is that now no auras effect the Eidolon either so that leaves out CP as well. Dead Eye with a sniper rifle seems promising to me. Opticor pretty good too, as EK said.

The Lures are spawning faster, if you go directly to left from the starting point on the Plains one can be found in a watery area, keep going to get another at a camp and by the time you get back to first spot another should have re-spawned. 3 right there.

A group I ran with had all players with Lures meet at a certain spot, each press X for the Lures to hold position, charged them up, then had a designated member have all follow - that person sticks to keeping and attacking at a distance (should probably do some mini Eidolon clean up too). The frame may been a Trinity, I'm not sure.

Getting Exceptional Core drops seems to work best if you rush in right on close to it during an Energy Spike (void form*); I think the Lures are ok during this phase too so the Lure guy could move in but we'll need to test to know for sure.

I like to make sure to shift back into my Frame every now and then during the battle to make sure if my operator form is knocked back into the Frame I don't have to travel too far to catch up.

Lastly I was grouped with someone in Cetus and while in separate instances in the market area once we each entered the chamber between Cetus and the Plains we synced up.

*Maybe only at first during the pulses, then shift back to Frame. With the Intact cores you can pick them up as Operator but it doesn't count toward going into mission rewards inventory past the first few.
Anyone notice this? I guess to be safe be sure to be in Frame while gathering any cores.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Seems that my "problems" defending the armored vault came from the fact that apparently enemy spawn isn't scaled to group size. At least there was no difference between me alone and a group of 3. Maybe buggy.

Going for the bombards first mostly fixes the issue. Mostly.

eklektyk

Erudite
since ivara is ideal for fishies i decided to pimp her up after years of neglect - now i need to get that dark rakta dager and covert lethality to utilize her tru potential ...

but i do wonder - if equinox isnt even betah - more testing is required

on bug front - they fixed few issiuessss but created few new more :) now cores dropped by sentients flat in air so not to sink below ground :) creative way to fix without working too much to fix it

eklektyk

Erudite
since i grew tired of being instantly vaporized in ember i decidet to dust of tru and tested rhino p and went for bounties 4 and 5 - it was trivial almost and i spend more time looking for ammo and reviving pugs than fighting greeneer :)

now to catch those pesky fishies for amp upgrades and we will be on road to progress.....

edity: ivara can indeed steal cores from little buggers - but make sure to make her fast in prowl or you never catch them -fuckers can sprint in random directions and be all sorts anoying

on a sidenote - managed to procure all materials for gara parts and shes cooking right now its [thankfully plenty of frames at lvl0 so no hurry ]

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
managed to procure all materials for gara parts
Jelly. :cry:

On an unrelated note: the asswing skywing for the plains is not frame bound. If you are verrrrrry nice to someone who has charges, he can drop one for you and make you fly like a peacock. Those things are apparently made of glass tho, if a grineer sneezes hard at you it's gone. Sad.

You will also use your own weapons instead of the asswing ones.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I must be cursed. Or simply have the worst luck with bounties.

First try I had the spawn for armored vault bug out, spawning so many mooks right in front of the console, they blew it up before I even managed to run back there. Japanese subways are less crowded. Meh whatever, let's try again.

2nd attempt, supply drops as the last mission. Except... the 3rd drop code guy didn't spawn. After running around for 2+ minutes he finally popped... 5 secs before the timer ran out. Mah reward! :argh:

3 time's a charm amirite? 2nd misison again supply drop, this time the 3rd guy spawned... below the floor. Maybe he came down so fast, he dug himself in? :negative:

Guess I really should stick to fishing for now, until at least 7 more patches are done. :obviously:

unfortunately this expansion is so bugged it seems an ubisoft game. they managed to break even stuff which worked fine for years.

Gerrard

Arcane
Whoever was writing red text yesterday was losing it pretty bad.

Hoaxmetal
8jsLmnZ.png

Last edited:

eklektyk

Erudite
so after some aditional testing i can say that ivara can get you fortyish cores from small guys per night - depends on spawn patterns - but it gets usually almost 50 per cycle

and no big guy is unstealable :(

so if you dont have a team able to kill big boy each night thers way forward with small ones to progress rep

still you need special cores to unbound pasives so beter work dem social skillz now

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom