Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Snek.

http://battlebrothersgame.com/dev-blog-98-lindwurm/

wurm-ingame.jpg
Looks cool and very fitting.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Isn't big monster composed by multiple parts a classic in most JRPG?
Multiple parts, sure. But those games do not have these specific animationless figurines which are clearly separate entities.
Most games with a system like BB probably would have just created a 2x2 monster and be done with it.

Not that I would mind 2x2 monsters, but this one really strikes me as more creative.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, post the whole thing: http://battlebrothersgame.com/dev-blog-98-lindwurm/

DEV BLOG #98: THE LINDWURM

What is this sorcery?! Why, it’s a dev blog about the upcoming free Lindwurm DLC for Battle Brothers, of course! We’ve been working on a small thank-you gift for all you passionate fans on the side, and this is it. You’re about to get to face an entirely new opponent, get new armor to wear and items to use, new loot to collect, and a new banner to hoist for your company. Let’s take a closer look!

THE LINDWURM
In Germanic mythology, a Lindwurm is a wingless bipedal dragon resembling a large snake. It’s a large and fearsome creature, the adversary in many a legend, and it’s making its way into Battle Brothers. The wild and uncivilized parts of the world are about to become more dangerous, as you’ll soon find a Lindwurm or two roaming thereabout, making an old forest or hillside their territory and fiercely defending their hoard of treasure from any intruder.

You can download a wallpaper version of the artwork above here.

In combat, the Lindwurm is the only opponent that occupies two tiles at once – one for the upper body, and one for the tail. While both are part of a single body, and thus share hitpoints, the Lindwurm can move them and attack with them separately. The Lindwurm’s mouth is armed with long and sharp teeth, which can easily tear a grown man in two. The tail is strong enough to slam against several men at once, stagger them or even knock them across the battlefield.

And if that wasn’t terrifying enough, a Lindwurm’s blood is also highly corrosive to many materials – including those used in armor. Whenever a Lindwurm takes hitpoint damage in melee, the attacker may be sprayed with their acidic blood, which will slowly eat away at any armor for several turns. Attacking with polearms and ranged weapons will prevent you from being sprayed with acid. On the other hand, a Lindwurm’s acidic blood can also be used to your advantage…

BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!
You’re about to get a new Lindwurm-themed set of named armor, helmet and shield, which come with the unique property of being unaffected by the highly corrosive Lindwurm blood. And then, of course, there’s a new Lindwurm-themed banner to choose for your mercenary campaign of fearless lizard hunters.

The acidic blood of a Lindwurm can be collected in flasks, which can then be thrown from the offhand in battle, shattering on impact and corroding over several turns the armor of anyone nearby that is unfortunate enough to be hit – useful against heavily armored opponents such as orcs or the later ancient dead.

WHEN CAN I PLAY IT?
The Lindwurm DLC will be released on October 19th for free to every owner of Battle Brothers. It’s not necessary to start a new campaign in order for any of the additions to appear in your game.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Do not get me wrong. More content is always nice. Free new content especially.
Thing is I see little point in little content.
The main problem is lacking global mechanics and lack of modding possibility and some bonus enemy and few items would not fix that. I mean full expansion or DLC with new mechanics or factions/enemies would be great but we all know that its not going to happen.

The other thing is what is exactly point of this from marketing position?
I mean it not gonna win back people who get angry - for whatever reason - at devs. Especially not at this point.
It also raise some (not so serious) questions about whole "END of DEVELOPMENT". Are their coder guy not busy on their new game? So either he is not or the FLC content was easy and cheap to make(which would be sensible). I mean its free = zero profits. But it would have new type of party or encounters on global map, new enemy with new(?) mechanics and few new items(with new effect).
So why they cut it in such abrasive way? I mean adding some armor/weapon sets or some new enemy factions or special encounters should not be that hard if you do not want meddle with core mechanics. So way not keep BB on life line and selling some DLC now and there and keep working on their new game? Most workload would be probably art and the art guy had time to redone banners and enemies or items few times in game history.

Its kind of pereplexing me. Still.
I still need to update guide and add some videos and I do not see myself doing even that. So maybe its just like that. To be honest I do not even touch game in months.
At last new armor set looks nice(but seriously too much fangs/claws/bones) and it looks more like ranger set than dragon scale armor but nevermind. Beggars can not be choosers.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They're just cool guys and give us something for free, it doesn't need to have some marketing plan behind it

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Jimmious don't be silly.
They're entrepreneurs with all the needs to keep lights on and food on the table that comes with burden of being self employed.

This free DLC is potentially well timed for coming holiday sales season; it will give BB new press coverage and might increase sales substantially.

As for their other project, they might be still on planning phase with it.

Murk

Arcane
Good time to return tbh. Finished OS2 and not wanting to replay it yet, but still craving TB, this will be a nice segue.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
The other thing is what is exactly point of this from marketing position?
I mean it not gonna win back people who get angry - for whatever reason - at devs. Especially not at this point.
It also raise some (not so serious) questions about whole "END of DEVELOPMENT". Are their coder guy not busy on their new game? So either he is not or the FLC content was easy and cheap to make(which would be sensible). I mean its free = zero profits. But it would have new type of party or encounters on global map, new enemy with new(?) mechanics and few new items(with new effect).
So why they cut it in such abrasive way? I mean adding some armor/weapon sets or some new enemy factions or special encounters should not be that hard if you do not want meddle with core mechanics. So way not keep BB on life line and selling some DLC now and there and keep working on their new game? Most workload would be probably art and the art guy had time to redone banners and enemies or items few times in game history.

Its kind of pereplexing me. Still.

I foresaw this situation when they called the end of development. See the bolded part. It's just a normal part of indie development.

I feel they jumped out of it too soon. They are probably burned and tired of this game, but I can't help but feel this will hurt them in the long run. When their next game hits early access, they will have a hard time convincing them of the upcoming features the game will have, and will have to deal with this same shit again. I believe they made the right decision regarding the financial aspect, but not regarding the fanbase. Dropping development after 3 months of release is not a good move. They should have released 1.1 and said nothing about the future of the game development. They sound like they are fucking tired of it, and honestly, I was fucking tired of AoD quite some times as well. But in a few months they might look at it again, they would not be so tired of it and do something extra they always wanted to do, or when things with the new game are going slow and you have the need of "finishing" something, you go back and do a small DLC.

Basically, it's your fucking game, and you can fuck around with it whenever you want. Closing the door of development so abruptly is silly, there's no publisher forcing you when to work on it or not. Might be a german thing, as a latin I can't see things being so "structured".

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Is this thread still in grpg? What the fuck? And they move my threads from correct forums to hidden forums? Seriously, what are wrong with correct labels and rules?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page for the free DLC:

In Germanic mythology, a Lindwurm is a wingless bipedal dragon resembling a large snake. It's a large and fearsome creature, the adversary in many a legend, and home to the wild and uncivilized parts of the world of Battle Brothers. Challenge your mercenary company against a terrifying Lindwurm and claim its hoard of treasures as your own!

Features
  • Adds a new opponent with unique mechanics and loot: the Lindwurm
  • Adds a new set of Lindwurm-themed named armor, helmet and shield
  • Adds a new usable item: Flask of Acid
  • Adds a new Lindwurm-themed banner to choose for your mercenary company

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://steamcommunity.com/games/365360/announcements/detail/2971673269663743893

blog_header_wurm_release.jpg

The Lindwurm DLC has just been released to every current and future owner of Battle Brothers for free. Challenge your mercenary company against a fearsome Lindwurm, an adversary of legend, home to the wild parts of the world and fiercely defending its hoard of treasure!

Read all about the content of this free DLC in the accompanying dev blog here. It’s not necessary to start a new campaign in order for any of the additions to appear in your game.

lindwurm_wallpaper.jpg

Alongside the DLC, the game has also been updated to version 1.1.0.5 with a couple of bugfixes that we’ve collected over the past few weeks.

Changelog
  • Fixed game potentially freezing after combat ends under specific conditions.
  • Fixed 'Reset Equipment After Battle' option not working properly for specific combinations of equipment.
  • Fixed damage bonus from eating mushrooms not being displayed properly in some skill tooltips.
  • Fixed tooltip from a necromancer that himself has been raised from the dead not showing properly.
  • Fixed damage inflicted to a Direwolf's natural armor not being displayed in the combat log.
  • Fixed various minor issues.

Parabalus

Arcane
Anyone have good map seeds to share for the new version? Most of the old ones aren't working anymore.

Lios

Cipher
Anybody fought the sneks?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom