Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
You didn't even TRY to google before asking, did you?

There's no working Switch emulator yet, but you can play the new Zelda with the Wii U emulator, CEMU.

Actually not a great idea to google this if you have absolutely no clue, there are thousands of sites trying to convince ppl like him to download their malware, so it isn't a bad idea to ask some knowledgeable ppl first.

Thanks. An actual useful answer.

IceyD

Scholar

spekkio

Arcane
Meanwhile, drones are paying Ninny real moniez for their NES / SNES Classic scam ("Over 20 gaems preinstalled!!1!"). When everybody and their dog played all these games on emulators (available for free since 199x). Or on Virtual Console / other shitz.
Fuck me, gamers are perculiar folk.

:roll:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Meanwhile, drones are paying Ninny real moniez for their NES / SNES Classic scam ("Over 20 gaems preinstalled!!1!"). When everybody and their dog played all these games on emulators (available for free since 199x). Or on Virtual Console / other shitz.
Fuck me, gamers are perculiar folk.

:roll:
Well these are the people that consider emulators too complicated and sure as hell aren't going to bother with arduino/raspberry pi emulation boxes.
They just buy it because it is popular, i doubt that they even play the thing for more then 5 minutes.

tet666

Augur
Are there any good Citra builds with gamepad support?

You mean in the UI? Nah not that i'm aware of, they are working on it for ages as far as i know but you can allrdy configure it in the ini, for example here is mine for a xbone pad:

[Controls]
button_a="button:0,joystick:0,engine:sdl"
button_b="button:1,joystick:0,engine:sdl"
button_x="button:2,joystick:0,engine:sdl"
button_y="button:3,joystick:0,engine:sdl"
button_up="direction:up,hat:0,joystick:0,engine:sdl"
button_down="direction:down,hat:0,joystick:0,engine:sdl"
button_left="direction:left,hat:0,joystick:0,engine:sdl"
button_right="direction:right,hat:0,joystick:0,engine:sdl"
button_l="button:4,joystick:0,engine:sdl"
button_r="button:5,joystick:0,engine:sdl"
button_start="button:7,joystick:0,engine:sdl"
button_select="button:6,joystick:0,engine:sdl"
button_zl="code:49,engine:keyboard"
button_zr="code:50,engine:keyboard"
button_home="code:66,engine:keyboard"
circle_pad="axis_y:1,joystick:0,engine:sdl,axis_x:0"
c_stick="axis_y:4,joystick:0,engine:sdl,axis_x:3"
motion_device="engine:motion_emu,update_period:100,sensitivity:0.01"
pad_a=65
pad_b=83
pad_x=90
pad_y=88
pad_l=81
pad_r=87
pad_zl=49
pad_zr=50
pad_start=77
pad_select=78
pad_home=66
pad_dup=84
pad_ddown=71
pad_dleft=70
pad_dright=72
pad_cup=73
pad_cdown=75
pad_cleft=74
pad_cright=76
pad_circle_up=16777235
pad_circle_down=16777237
pad_circle_left=16777234
pad_circle_right=16777236
pad_circle_modifier=68
pad_circle_modifier_scale=0.5
Dunno if it works for other pads as well you might need to modify it if your pad isn't showing up as joystick:0 in windows, or just use xpadder or something like it instead (you will not have any analog controls that way though dunno if that matters).

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I'm now playing Culdcept Revolt on Citra and it works pretty well.

I love Culdcept (played the PS2 version to death), this seems a little dumbed down (at least it has a popamole unskippable tutorial...) but I'll take any Culdcept over no Culdcept. Hopefully really OP cards like Old Willow and Kelpie are toned down in this version.

culdcept_3ds4hsd1.jpg

Btw is there a way to run Citra fullscreen? I couldn't find the option, alt+enter doesn't work. Ini toggle maybe? Right now I'm using Borderless Gaming but it's not ideal, can't hide the top menu bar.

Using the build linked by tet666, games are running pretty badly for me on an i5 3570k@4.4ghz/GTX 1070. Culdcept runs full speed, but Metroid: Samus Returns is stuck at 89% speed (around 25fps) and Fire Emblem Fates ran like shit.

Are there any faster alternative builds out there that you can recommend?

Last edited:

tet666

Augur
Thanks for that. I'm now playing Culdcept Revolt on Citra and it works pretty well.

I love Culdcept (played the PS2 version to death), this seems a little dumbed down (at least it has a popamole unskippable tutorial...) but I'll take any Culdcept over no Culdcept. Hopefully really OP cards like Old Willow and Kelpie are toned down in this version.

culdcept_3ds4hsd1.jpg

Btw is there a way to run Citra fullscreen? I couldn't find the option, alt+enter doesn't work. Ini toggle maybe? Right now I'm using Borderless Gaming but it's not ideal, can't hide the top menu bar.

Using the build linked by tet666, games are running pretty badly for me on an i5 3570k@4.4ghz/GTX 1070. Culdcept runs full speed, but Metroid: Samus Returns is stuck at 89% speed (around 25fps) and Fire Emblem Fates ran like shit.

Are there any faster alternative builds out there that you can recommend?

There are some fullscreen builds on citras appveyor you can try if you like: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/bunnei/citra/history (mingw builds are tiny bit faster so take those) should be merged to master soon.
Metroid should be fullspeed with the texcache builds daman posted on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/Citra/comments/730cgg/speed_up_metroid_with_this_one_simple_trick) on your system, make sure you disable vsync and set log_filter=*:Critical in the ini since that can cause slowdowns.

You can also try one of the new Shader Scheduler builds: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/bunnei/citra/build/1.0.6163 another new feature, which should speed up the emulation a bit in some games.

Last edited:
Thanks tet666, I've had the best luck with the texcache builds (Phanto-M), but I still can't run Metroid at fullspeed. I'll wait awhile or just try again after I upgrade my CPU.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Well it looks somebody is trying to make x360 games run natively on pc:
https://github.com/rexdex/recompiler
"The idea is simple: what if you could take the Xbox360 game and run it on your PC? Is this even possible in principle? I was pondering this question few years ago and that should not come as a supprise that there are some obvious technical difficulties in getting this done:"

I doubt this is going to work,but i applaud the effort.

tet666

Augur
New Citra build tabnk posted over at gbatemp.
It's a combination of all the recent stuff and pretty fast:

Citra-MSVC-2017-NO-OPTIMIZED-14-OCT-2017 (Any CPU)

Based on Canary #82
  • threads_vtx (Latest)
  • texcache-rebase (Latest)
  • qt-fullscreen mode
  • Boost 1.65.1
  • AVX build fix
  • Cheat Module
http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/PpT1cofL/file.html
I probably don't need to say this but as always: it's a unofficial build with stuff in development so expect bugs.

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
GD said:
Btw is there a way to run Citra fullscreen?
Personally, I've been using CitraFS - special "tool", working with every Citra version (IMO it's just a twerked version of WindowedBorderlessGaming or sth).

http://mashakos.com/citrafs.zip

1) Extract files into yout Citra folder
2) Set a path to your Citra folder in config.ini
3) Disable "Single window mode" in Citra's "view" menu
4) Press F12 to toggle FullScreen on/off
5) Fap furiously

*Fake edit: Tool looks for "citra-qt.exe" so some renaman may be nacessary for AVX exes and shit.

spekkio

Arcane
Great Deceiver

Try this recent build tet666 posted, it's the fastest so far for me when it comes to running Metroid (constant 60 FPS ingame, 2xNative Res).
AND it has fullscreen out of the box.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Recent progress has inspired me to try the PS3 emulator. However, although the game seems to run quite well, I'd rather not play Dragon's Crown without the 1.06 update. Any help? Trying to search for the update file itself just brings up discussion of the patch or at best, the files for the vita version.

tet666

Augur
Recent progress has inspired me to try the PS3 emulator. However, although the game seems to run quite well, I'd rather not play Dragon's Crown without the 1.06 update. Any help? Trying to search for the update file itself just brings up discussion of the patch or at best, the files for the vita version.

https://ps3packages.herokuapp.com/

(it's legal, updates are directly from the source, it's just a search ui for them)

flyingjohn

Arcane
And how do I shot web update .iso with the update in .pkg?
In PPSSPP you simpy had to put an update /dlc file in the proper emu folder.
Does it work in RPCS3?

All I get is info about doing this on real hardware:

http://www.maxconsole.com/threads/integrate-ps3-pkg-updates-in-iso-files.31899/

And stuff like this:

http://www.ps3hax.net/2013/05/psn-pkg-decryptor-extractor-v1-71-released/

:?
Have you tried installing the game in rpsc3 and then using the install/run pkg command.
Technically that should work,i hope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom