Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

8TlfJ3j.png

XJyemeI.jpg

valcik

Arcane
So the big lawsuit against folks insulting Grimoire has to be postponed? What a bummer.
Cleve have you considered writing a book? Could be a goldmine on Australian market:

its-totally-o-learnabout-garages-fucking-fucked-mate-bigtime-a-4789295.png

Biggus

Scholar
wvGCFel.png

Roadmap? Who needs one when all roads lead to a dead end. You got what you deserved Calvin, and despite what you think, despite your blathering, the rest of the world agrees. 360,000 sales? I think not.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My guess is that the biggest issue is the still missing manual.
I would say that the biggest issue is that the game is already a niche title in a niche genre and it has (or had, I don't really know anymore) a fuckton of bugs.
How on earth can it attract any people outside the really small subset of whoever likes old-school blobbers?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Manual is an issue, niche is an issue as well... But Cleve's attitude is the biggest issue IMHO. What is funny here is not considered so out there in the real world. He should have reacted differently to the critical voices.

PEACH

Arbiter
I assume he means it's not considered funny in the real world in contrast to the reception to a lot of Cleve's antics and braggadocio here.

Spiky

Learned
Good to see sales are still going strong. I am also excited to put my sap hands on the manual next friday.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Cleve should put his gym stories in Grimoire manual. I'd buy that for a dollar.

Free tip to all bros. Try doing a pre exhaust before you do any kind of pullover to exhaust your arms and force yourself to pull with your lats. I would only do it once a week tops but seriously you will not believe the difference. I did this on a Wednesday and awoke Saturday morning to hear the ripping sound of my T-Shirt as two gigantic dragon wings emerged on my back.

Also, do the deadlift at least three times a month to failure. If I am a crusty undead mummy still getting results on this stuff imagine what vital healthy young bros can expect doing these things. Flush the steroids down the sink and try this sh*t it works that is the truth.
Fag
Your name is Country Gravy, ffs.

Is it Billie Bob's gravy on your face, or Tex Cobb's gravy up your ass?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
It's funny to see Cleve's ill gotten gains, being paid to the original engine developer...Sham must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Cleve, 10 people are playing your game...give up while you still have money left. Don't be a complete and total idiot....I know that's hard for you, but try.

Zep--

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Shams is taking over:

Shams
iconGames.png
18 Oct @ 12:02pm
Everyone, *please* tone this down. We are here to discuss Grimoire, avoid any personal attacks. If it was up to me, I would insta-ban anyone posting personal attacks :P

Secondly, we all want the same thing - Grimoire being "perfect" - defect free, features perfect and complete, and a lot more.

We are working on it. If anything, I want to avoid spending too much posting on here - as it eats up the little "spare" time I have for Grimoire.

I work fulltime, and have a wife and 2 (screaming) kids that need my attention. I'm not going to lie - there is a considerable amount of work needed at my end, and I'm working on it.

The roadmap has been updated with my priority tasks - and I'll post an update hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Shams
iconGames.png
12 Oct @ 9:51pm
Grimoire Roadmap

Now that Grimoire has reached a level of relative stability, we are working out where to direct our energies next.

This is an initial list of potential improvements - unsorted for now.

(1) - Shams's current task

--- Engine Tasks (Sorted) ---
  • (1) - Replace Fastgraph with OpenGL. This will enable Grimoire to run windowed or full-screen, and at any size
  • Review how the mouse works, and rewrite the mouse handling if possible. This will correct any mouse movement issues, mouse driver issues, and make the mouse silky smooth.
  • Improve the UI handling of the scrollbars
  • Look at an independent "scale" for the game (3D) window. This will potentially allow the 3D to scale to fullscreen, with portraits and items projected over it
  • (O) - Get the existing fonts working within OGL
  • (O) - Add support for TrueType fonts, which will give Cleve flexibility re: fonts

--- Steam Integration ---
  • Support for cloud saves (* game files and RPG library)
  • Support for Steam stats integration (e.g. time played, battles fought, number of deaths, etc)
  • Support Steam achievements

--- Game Improvements (General) ---
  • Speed up loading
  • TODO

(O) - may be optional tasks. If they are not needed - bonus.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The manual is the new "it's not coming out" of the whiners. And as I said, Cleve is not doing himself any favors by not pointing out that he wants to release the full manual now instead of a shorter version that was originally intended.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom