Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

PrettyDeadman

Why do people have to praise this shit when there are great crpgs with minuscule budget compared to Cringelex doing much better. For example Underrail.
Because it's not a shit, but an excellent game?

bataille

Arcane
His own footage is from the first hour and a half of the game and then it's all from the trailers. Yawn.

MasPingon

Arcane
First review out, boys! :ehue:

:bounce: So far the game sounds like pure ELEXCELLENCE :bounce:

Damn dude, Kermit the Frog doesn't like ELEX. It's time to pack it up, boys.

Did you hear what he said? How can such amoeba review any game for a professional gaming site? It felt like 12 year old retard trying to analyze Aristotle's "Metaphisics". Aren't there any standards of retardation anymore?

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

Fuck it I am reinstalling Gothic 3 and drowning myself in spiced rum even though it's a work night.

Whyyyyy? Reinstall Gothic 1 or 2 damn it! :argh:

Speaking of which, I haven't played 'em in a while. Hmmm...

ed. I fully approve of the rum, though, do carry on.

I have a soft spot for Gothic 3. I really do see the best in the game. I like the reputation system, the soundtrack (especially the soundtrack), and the overall atmosphere. It invoked Morrowind of being able to go off the path and find something new and interesting. I know Gothic and Gothic 2 had this, but Gothic 3 had it on a grand scale, and it felt like everything you did had some purpose. I can't really say in words how gratifying it is to be able to go somewhere, pick up something (or kill something) and then get rewarded for it without knowing it was a quest in the first place.

This review by our own Vault Dweller sums up the rest of my thoughts on Gothic 3: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=137

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
It's interesting that PB games which are german are more slav than Witcher 3 which was made to appeal to the western crowd.
It's even more obvious from how they re-imagined Geralt.

How I saw him after books:
1480219202181745118.jpg
How he looked in the first game:

mTFw9O4.jpg
And now...

8v2xpM4tw3QgwXPU69rR75.jpg
Basically...

BX6c.jpg
CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!!!
The gypsy faggot at the end is a Bulgarian pop star! :cool:
May the cancer flow!

WHAT THE FUCK, thats the gayest shit ive ever seen and ive been to 4chan...

Jinn

Arcane
Today was the start of the long weekend I took off in anticipation of this release.

Went and took care of errands and groceries, bought beer, and cleaned the house. The next two days will be completely clear for ELEX! This, my good sirs, is one of the finest feelings a man could feel. I couldn't get any more excited for this game if I tried.

vonAchdorf

Arcane

Holeeee shit.

3/10. ELEX is bad in almost every way. It’s a poor attempt and impossible to enjoy anything outside of its interesting setting and backstory.

:imperialscum:

PSU said:
ELEX is unnecessarily hard. Even when playing on the easiest difficulty level I was massacred by everything. The first bandit I encountered killed me in about two hits. Twelve hours later that same bandit would kill me in three hits. Everything is so hard to kill and so high level I don’t know how anyone is able to progress in the game.

Upgrading Jax is just as painful as combat. When you level up you can distribute points across various attributes like strength, dexterity, and intelligence. This is all fine and well until you get to the meat of upgrades, your abilities. If you want to learn any sort of abilities you first have to earn the favor of the leader of whatever town you’re in.
That's just the first problem, the second problem comes in finding Trainers. These Trainers are the only ones that can teach you specific abilities. The problem is the restrictions placed on these abilities. First, you have to win approval, then you have to have enough points placed into specific categories.
The hurdles placed in the game are just insane.

:hero: Makes ELEX sound even better than I expected.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
Quoting doesnt work, but from the above:

"ELEX is unnecessarily hard. Even when playing on the easiest difficulty level I was massacred by everything. The first bandit I encountered killed me in about two hits. Twelve hours later that same bandit would kill me in three hits. Everything is so hard to kill and so high level I don’t know how anyone is able to progress in the game. Buying new gear cost so much money that you may get lucky and be able to afford a weapon that increases your damage by simply one point. You would think that you can run away from most battles, but guess what? Enemies are so relentless they will follow you to the ends of the Earth."

Filthy casuals crumble before PB.

Jinn

Arcane
PSU said:
ELEX is unnecessarily hard. Even when playing on the easiest difficulty level I was massacred by everything. The first bandit I encountered killed me in about two hits. Twelve hours later that same bandit would kill me in three hits. Everything is so hard to kill and so high level I don’t know how anyone is able to progress in the game.
Upgrading Jax is just as painful as combat. When you level up you can distribute points across various attributes like strength, dexterity, and intelligence. This is all fine and well until you get to the meat of upgrades, your abilities. If you want to learn any sort of abilities you first have to earn the favor of the leader of whatever town you’re in.
That's just the first problem, the second problem comes in finding Trainers. These Trainers are the only ones that can teach you specific abilities. The problem is the restrictions placed on these abilities. First, you have to win approval, then you have to have enough points placed into specific categories.
The hurdles placed in the game are just insane.

How the fuck is this suppose to be a bad thing? Jesus christ.

Oh yeah, I forgot that these people don't actually want to play their video games. They want to watch them. Disgusting.

Got bored and left

Sounds like it's trying to be another Dark Souls-ish thing.

That sucks. It looks cool.

It's very sad that "like Dark Souls" is the extent of people's associations whenever a game's not piss easy. I wonder what they'd say to the original Gothics.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Can't wait for angry pendejo to make a video and whine about how hard the game is. Watching him die to a bird in the first hour will be fun.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
How the fuck is this suppose to be a bad thing? Jesus christ.

Oh yeah, I forgot that these people don't actually want to play their video games. They want to watch them. Disgusting.

Elexactly. I wonder how that reviewer would have reacted to fighting Aric in Risen...

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It's truly hilarious witnessing the final effects of so many years of dumbing down and the popamoling of "RPGs" over the years:

- It's too hard!

- You have to actually find someone to learn new skills!

- Where are the trainers?!?

- SO DIFFICULT!

Reap what thouest have unwittingly sewn, thou casual heathens. HA!

ELEX!

Tigranes

Arcane
That review is the single most promising thing I have heard about this game in the last three years

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom