Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

jaydee2k

Savant
Teasing console crowds with releasing ELEX to them only to not let them enjoy it is a great incline.

That's it. They can play the console port of TTON in the meantime :smug:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As a true disciple of ELEX, who hopes to ascend to ELEXhood, I am now spreading the word of ELEX in our real world, in person. It was difficult at first, but I have done my best to convert a few people. At first, I was shunned, laughed at, spit at and beaten. I kept going, telling the misguided and lost souls about the greatness of ELEX. I relented. ELEX helped me through these tough times. It showed me its love and embrace in my dreams. Soon, I will see my beloved deity ELEX with my own eyes.

ortucis

Prophet
See you guys after release. I have a suspicion this thread will be filled with spoilers from now on.

ELEX!

Same. Avoided seeing all videos already. Only 2 days left, must experience the glory first hand.

Going to defragment the HDD's and scan the system, make it minty fresh for ELEX.

PirateScum

Augur
ELEX has chosen me, at last! Praise ELEX in it's full glory!

b4q2tro.jpg

Rev

Arcane
That ps4 version runs like shit, even on the pro, these cucks will get butchered by console players and reviews if they launch it like that.

If you can't deliver a decent console version, then don't do it at all.
Who cares about peasants? Elex, like every PB game, is made for PC. :obviously:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The game is a hodge podge of cheap assets. Dinosaurs / Knights / Lasers / Robots.

Bargain bin assets slapped together in another low quality Risen 2 rip off. If you couldn't get fucking pirates right, you have no hope.

That is also true.

The manner in which they mashed up fantasy and science fiction together is devoid of any charm or character. You don't get a cohesive style just by mixing mecha with swords and arrows.

Jinn

Arcane
Fundamentally speaking, Piranha Bytes have released the same game over and over again since 2001. Comparable to, for example, Electronic Arts with their sports games

They have been trying and failing for a number of reasons since Risen 1, both as a result of business choices (getting in bed with Deep Silver, most likely out of desperation), and a shift in talent. This is the first time in years their studio has been in a somewhat stable state, with little outside influence, which is what makes this a bit different.

They also have a business to run, and yes, they are Pirahna Bytes and are irrevocably tied to the Gothic formula.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Fundamentally speaking, Piranha Bytes have released the same game over and over again since 2001. Comparable to, for example, Electronic Arts with their sports games.

Nevertheless, I am still I'm going to buy ELEX, albeit not at full price, as I've been doing since the disappointment of Risen 2.

Elex is the Gothic 2 we deserve

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Can't fucking wait.
As I understand, I was quite lucky because I bought most games after a launch, can't fucking stand this at all.

RepHope

Savant
Excited for this. I love Eurojank games, I even enjoyed Risen 2 and Technomancer. Elex looks way better than Risen did, I don't expect it to get anywhere near Gothic though.

Tigranes

Arcane
: decline: needs to be :koniec:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom