Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why did you take general discussion from me?

Bocian

Arcane
I couldn't agree more.
Oh look another "I define what others think" reply , which is very common among those subforums . You see , I don't even post in GD or Politics , you can check stats if you need a proof . However , I see that you do frequent them , thought I wouldn't have to deal with /pol/ style posting outside of it .

Sadly we all have to deal with your punctuation.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh look another "I define what others think" reply , which is very common among those subforums . You see , I don't even post in GD or Politics , you can check stats if you need a proof .

You've said that GD is a shithole and not worth reading, yet clearly you must have read GD extensively. Otherwise, you couldn't possibly know that "unflattering quote rephrasing" is a commonly-employed device there (although in reality, it's not common; but it isn't particularly rare, either).

However , I see that you do frequent them , thought I wouldn't have to deal with /pol/ style posting outside of it .

Let me get this straight: You wish you didn't have to deal with "/pol/-style posting" outside of GD, and you don't even like GD—yet, you clicked on this Site Feedback thread about GD access, and then started posting in it.

Did someone break into your fucking house, seize your mouse, and force you to click on this thread? Speaking of which, how is it that you're familiar with "/pol/-style posting"? Seems you must be familiar with /pol/, too.

Yes, I "defined what you think" because you're full of shit and are trying to hide what you think, so I shone a sarcastic light on it. You're a typical jackass who lacks the self-control to walk away from opinions he doesn't like, fumes about how much he dislikes them, wishes they would just go away, and carries a huge chip on his shoulder while pretending to be above it all.

Sjukob

Arcane
You've said that GD is a shithole and not worth reading, yet clearly you must have read GD extensively. Otherwise, you couldn't possibly know that "unflattering quote rephrasing" is a commonly-employed device there (although in reality, it's not common; but it isn't particularly rare, either).
How would I know if GD is crap without trying it out ? GD varies from forum to forum , you can't say what's in there without looking .

Let me get this straight: You wish you didn't have to deal with "/pol/-style posting" outside of GD, and you don't even like GD—yet, you clicked on this Site Feedback thread about GD access, and then started posting in it.
I didn't read any other post but the original one .

Did someone break into your fucking house, seize your mouse, and force you to click on this thread? Speaking of which, how is it that you're familiar with "/pol/-style posting"? Seems you must be familiar with /pol/, too.
Yeah been there tried that , codex politics isn't much different from /pol/ . I believe when started reading /pol/ for the first time , it took me a month to realize that there is nothing good to be found there .

you're full of shit
You're a typical jackass who lacks the self-control to walk away from opinions he doesn't like, fumes about how much he dislikes them, wishes they would just go away, and carries a huge chip on his shoulder while pretending to be above it all
Now we got to the meat of it . To me it looks like the aim of every political subforum is to bring conversation to a similar line in the smallest amount of time . Right here it took only 2 posts . Still I don't understand , you call me a faggot because I dislike something , why though ? Isn't it because your original goal was written in the second sentence ? If not , than I don't know how can you come to conclusions so quickly .

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yes, I did rush to judgment. When you're right, you're right.

Anything-goes sections on Internet forums do inevitably turn into cesspits, and I myself say similar disparaging things about GD on a regular basis. The difference between you and me is simply that I like those cesspits. For one thing, I enjoy flame wars and butting heads with people; and for another, I value spaces in which people can say almost anything they want without fear of censure or punishment.

Grand old statesmen of decorum they might not be, and the signal-to-noise ratio may be poor, but there are unique and interesting opinions to see, and the occasional worthwhile discussion or argument to be had.

If you're looking for polite, logical, fallacy-free, constructive discourse involving controversial topics such as politics and religion, then look elsewhere; although I sincerely don't know where else you'll find such a thing these days, especially on the Internet, where people very often don't feel constrained by social norms and peer pressure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom