Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Hi guys, I want to buy DS3,
Don't.
I decided to buy Elex instead, I wish I could buy both.

Hi guys, I want to buy DS3, and have question - played DS1 with mousekeyboard back then, but camera moved so sharply (?) that I has headache, was this problem solved or mitigated in DS3?
You need DSFIX for Dark Souls methinks. DS works like a charm with that.
I played with it of course, from earliest versions to latest.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Minor nitpick:

At the start of Dark Souls 3 you're offered a rusty gold coin as a starting perk.

Gold doesn't rust. Basic metals knowledge. And even I'm crap at the periodic table.

Perkel

Arcane
Minor nitpick:

At the start of Dark Souls 3 you're offered a rusty gold coin as a starting perk.

Gold doesn't rust. Basic metals knowledge. And even I'm crap at the periodic table.

That depends really on content of coin. Gold coins had various amount of gold in them. Some were almost entirely gold and some were devaluated so much by some monarchs that calling it "gold" coin was a stretch.

Also while gold doesn't rust it does produce 'patine' which is greenish. If you look at DS2 coin it is actually not rust but patine:

rusted_coin.png

ds3 one is wrong though

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
How's the Ringed City DLC? I've finished everything except the final boss of the base game and I'm thinking whether I should play the second DLC too.

Beating the Nameless King and Friede was pretty taxing but felt gud when I finally prevailed :positive:

Last edited:

Kitchen Utensil

Ringed City starts out weak, but gets better. Since you made it til the end and finished Ashes of Ariandel, I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't play the Ringed City. It's okay.

Ash

Arcane

Is it just me or is this not very impressive. He gets a couple good parries in, but most of it was just cropped parrying all different dudes and one hit killing them, and not really much a feat of skill. It'd be more impressive if there were multiple parries in a row in one segment, parrying people and then just taunting them over and over, and some cool magic parries while we're at it. Something.

Shit video with a couple good parries. Parry "God" I think not.

Arnust

Savant
I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't play the Ringed City.
If you didn't like DS3 for any whatever reason, it will absolutely not make you change your mind. Still pretty solid, as much as I hate it there's at least one good boss and some badass gear to find.

Kitchen Utensil

I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't play the Ringed City.
If you didn't like DS3 for any whatever reason, it will absolutely not make you change your mind. Still pretty solid, as much as I hate it there's at least one good boss and some badass gear to find.

I agree, but reading Somberlain's post made me assume he enjoyed the base game and AoA at least to some extent.
As mediocre or subpar as DS3 and its DLCs may be as a Souls-title, it's still great compared to all the other trash out there imo.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Is it just me or is this not very impressive. He gets a couple good parries in, but most of it was just cropped parrying all different dudes and one hit killing them, and not really much a feat of skill. It'd be more impressive if there were multiple parries in a row in one segment, parrying people and then just taunting them over and over, and some cool magic parries while we're at it. Something.

Shit video with a couple good parries. Parry "God" I think not.
Parry God is a meme you idiot. It's usually used to refer to idiots who try and spam parry in fights, hoping to get lucky and have it work. That's why it's a joke here.

Yeah of course the guy is great at editing his videos and doesn't play like that always. Most of his videos are him just trolling people who are idiots at the game. Hiding so he can use force on people and knock them off, or pretending to be friendly to kill them later, laying down flat so when the ghost archers in Ringed City shoot their arrows people are still out in the open because he's blocking them and die. Stuff like that.

But since you asked here is 25 parries against the same guy in the same fight. He's an idiot of course that just spams R1.

Here's another video where some guy he keeps invading and killing keeps pointing down before the duel and using the same jump attack over and over to kill him even though he continually gets parried.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Bamp. Someone got me a copy of DS3 for christmas, so team rocket is blasting off again.

Initially Blaine and I tried doing some jolly co-operation, but it seems the sale has attracted the attention of insufferable invaders. Aside from 1 coolbro who played fair, almost all of them had over 400 hours in game, would heal themselves up completely with a single swig of estus if we ever got them near death, and barely took any damage from our attacks in return. This was further compounded by us taking turns to be the host (so we could both pick up items). In short, it was a clusterfuck cocktail with a double shot of fuck you. So that's out, at least for a while. Hopefully once we progress a bit further into the game (by ourselves) and maybe wait for all the excitement to wear off, we can try again.

Aside from that, so far the game feels more like a parody of Dark Souls, or perhaps a caricature. Almost everything in the first area after the firelink shrine inspires a sense of deja vu. Of course a bunch of the regular enemies have to be even bigger and badder than before, to make sure you really have to Gid Gud or die trying. It's all so familiar, but subtly different and just... wrong. Finally the first proper boss makes an appearance, and of course it powers up half way through the battle, and the music practically kills itself to let you know how exciting and dramatic the encounter has now become. Everything is just so overdone; it's like those US documentaries that feel the need to add ridiculous sound effects to a fight between 2 insects otherwise it's not exciting enough.

I'm sure I'll get through it all in the end regardless, but for now it doesn't seem like I'll be all to eager to replay this one.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This. So much about this game feels wrong, cheap, half-assed, uninspired. It's like From took their first pass at Bloodborne but the fetus was malformed so Miyazaki ordered to flush it to the toilet but someone secretly took it home, nourished and raise it to be Bloodborne's ugly sibling nobody would talk about.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
This. So much about this game feels wrong, cheap, half-assed, uninspired. It's like From took their first pass at Bloodborne but the fetus was malformed so Miyazaki ordered to flush it to the toilet but someone secretly took it home, nourished and raise it to be Bloodborne's ugly sibling nobody would talk about.

Nothing comes close to Bloodborne.

I hope it never gets a sequel and remains a timeless classic.

Arnust

Savant
Haha, well put albeit there's nothing wrong with upping up the spectacle and callbacks, the issue is when you get so bogged down by that that you become a practical joke. On invading, and as a concurrent invader, unless it's a twink or some PvP Master they are fucking lost when you are two up against one, added to a possible Bluebro because of Blue Covenant or just summoning more mates to the party. If not now, you just wait until you get a bit more comfortable with yourselves. Alternatively you can always run to the boss like you do anyway, lol.

I do think DS3's start is pretty good, very debatable when "it gets bad" or if there is such a moment.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Nothing comes close to Bloodborne.
I hope it never gets a sequel and remains a timeless classic.

I would love a sequel if it was on PC and hadn't anything to do with the Victorian styling since this is the only thing I don't like about this game.

This is like saying you want a sequel to fallout that doesn't have a post-apocalyptic setting because you hate arid locations and it should have swords because guns are evil.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This is like saying you want a sequel to fallout that doesn't have a post-apocalyptic setting because you hate arid locations and it should have swords because guns are evil.

If you like the game so much you must know according to the lore there are probably multiple rival Old Ones like the Moon Presence creating their own Hunter Dreams and doing various other shenanigans in completely different worlds and time eras.

So yeah, your analogy is BS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom