Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Jinn

Arcane
What review? What did it say?

Polish review.

Potato review

http://www.gry-online.pl/S020.asp?ID=12297

'Gothic reborn'

'Biggest world by Piranha bytes'

Machine translation of pros and cons:

PROS:
  1. Gothic spirit penetrates almost every aspect of the game;
  2. unfriendly world in which the player must constantly be on guard;
  3. very rewarding exploration, rewarding wit and inquisitiveness;
  4. considerable non-linearity and discretion in performing tasks;
  5. a hero with a name and a past that propels the story;
  6. impeccable optimization;
  7. excellent sound layer.
MINUSES:
  1. hand-to-hand combat, wooden shooting;
  2. technical errors in tasks, dialogues, skills, SI etc .;
  3. artfully stretched and not thrilling story;
  4. a fictitious attempt to combine fantasy, science fiction and postapo;
  5. Orthodox Gothica fans will not like simplicity (eg fast journey).
With a 7.5/10 for a final score.

If what I'm reading here is accurate, and from what I've seen in real gameplay videos, this'll easily be a personal 8-8.5/10 for me if I had to guess.

EDIT: It also looks like a single play-through is 60-80 hours, with 20 hours easily being played before deciding which faction to join. With a game like this, that hour count is good news to me.

Last edited:

Volken

Scholar

Polish review.

Potato review

'Gothic reborn'

PROS:
MINUSES:

If what I'm reading here is accurate, and from what I've seen in real gameplay videos, this'll easily be a personal 8-8.5/10 for me if I had to guess.

EDIT: It also looks like a single play-through is 60-80 hours, with 20 hours easily being played before deciding which faction to join. With a game like this, that hour count is good news to me.

So it's an action RPG with shitty combat and meh story but good hiking simulation. shit/10

HGIgzZI.jpg

Doesn't it bother you? lol Dude is shooting a mech with a fucking wooden arrow and damages it. Every ranged weapon in the game shoots the same way and deals similar damage. Be it wooden bow or flamethrower. :D

Last edited:

Volken

Scholar
Doesn't it bother you?

It didn't bother me in Might & Magic and it certainly won't bother me here.

ELEX is an experienced for distinguished gentlemen, melonheads need not apply.

Yeah so player character can choose between scavenging hobos, retards with sticks and stones or highly technologically advanced religious sect? Oh boy. Hard choices.

Bows vs Blasters / Swords vs Mechs - Is this Star Wars? :D Berserkers are fucking Wookies.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Even YES! has found the glory of ELEX. Praise be to ELEX! It is the only force in the world who could have ever made YES! friendly.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
What immediately springs to attention are clunky 2007 combat and obscene amount of HP-bloat. The UI is completely sterile and soulless too.

Pathetic how player standard sunk as low as to praise this overpriced mediocrity.

Last edited:

harhar!

Augur

Polish review.

Potato review

'Gothic reborn'

PROS:
MINUSES:

So it's an action RPG with shitty combat and meh story but good hiking simulation. shit/10

Doesn't it bother you? lol Dude is shooting a mech with a fucking wooden arrow and damages it. Every ranged weapon in the game shoots the same way and deals similar damage. Be it wooden bow or flamethrower. :D

That's actually not true, arrows do less damage against mechs than against animals and humans. I'm pretty sure they confirmed this in one of the gameplay previews.

Deleted member 7219

What immediately springs to attention is that this game will be forever tainted by clunky 2007 combat and obscene amount of HP-bloat. The UI is completely sterile and soulless too.

Pathetic that player standard sunk as low as to praise this overpriced mediocrity.

Agreed. This thread is pathetic and shows the worst of the Codex (outside of the GD forums).

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
you're just still bitter you supported all that KS mediocrity (except shadowrun, but broken clocks and all that) while staying ignorant of the true IN-ELEX-CLINE untill now... but worry not, you still have time to preorder and atone for past mistakes... will you join us, or die? join-die!-join-die!-join-die!...

I will probably enjoy it to some degree, as I did with most of their past titles (yes, even Risen 2 and 3), but holy fuck if Piranha Bytes' lack of improvement in some areas isn't almost bordering stubbornness at this point.
They keep failing in the same things and never seem to make an active effort to address these problems.

Also, not sure why they insist on sticking with a fixed, non-customizable protagonist when they always seem to pick the most bland, generic motherfuckers in existence for the role.

ortucis

Prophet
MINUSES:
1. Combat is always shit in PB games, we saw it being meh in the first few videos, not really a surprise.

2. Can be fixed with patches.

3. LEL, who expected thrilling story from PB?

4. Yup, it was obvious from what they've shown. Felt more like they were just doing it to gain some Bethesda fans by combining Skyrim and Fallout universe. Not really surprised but, it'll still have better story/world than Fallout 4... or 3.

5. What? Like portal stones?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom