Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

M&B - Mount & Blade Warband TOP 10 mods

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
I keep forgetting which of the Game of Thrones mods is which. Which one is better, and why? It happens all the time: I download them both, play them for a while, and then forget about it.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Too lazy to check which version these mods are for (I can check later) but I liked... Wait, actually spent dozens of hours in each mod and probably more on vanilla(s), so I can't give too many ideas. All M&B + M&BWB:

Brytenwalda for fucking sure
The Last Days (LOTR)... damn that actually makes me want try it.
1257AD
Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment - Not sure if it was a different mod, but there is a mod that let's you command your troops tactically.
Blood and Steel... I think? Can't remember if I played "Sword of Damocles" either.

I've heard good things about Prophesy of Pendor but I never played it.

And anything including a Diplomacy feature, if not the same or based off the Diplomacy mod itself.

There's also a mod that increases the limit of troops that can be spawned on the battlefield. And a possibly good WH Fantasy mod.

I used this: https://mountandblade-mods.net/ as a source, it seems quite thorough and updated.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
^ That. Pendor is now at 3.84 or something and was updated within a couple of months.

after years without a word i totally missed it. good to know, if the latest patch actually does anything worth.

Don Peste

Arcane

Current Features:
As of right now, the mod is only in a semi-playable state. Luckily, most of the "core systems" have been made and tested, so adding features can be done relatively quickly. Current features include:

- Travelling system with worldmap as scene borders

- Locations such as towns, castles, bridges, ruins, bandit hideouts, training grounds, secret locations

- Full-size towns, improved castle + village scenes, new random scenes based on region (eg plains near Praven look different from plains near Tihr)

- Land features such as rivers, mountains, shorelines.

- Mountain and river terrain is passable, though often it is still faster to go around mountain ranges. No ocean travel yet.

- New shaders, darker shadows, more ground types

- Weather effects include wind, moving clouds, thunderstorms. Weather is dynamic in scenes, cloud amount will increase/decrease in real-time, with rain/snow and storms able to start and stop within the scene.

- No more "regular recruits", every recruited NPC is given a name and treated as a companion, with player party size maximum of 140

- Persistent names for all NPCs

- Improved town walker/villager AI, larger crowds in towns

- Hunting, around 12 different animal types can appear based on map region/terrain, animals avoid player, but can be gotten nearer when dismounted and/or upwind.

- Real-time looting, NPCs killed by the player can be looted for their armour by striking the corpse

- 18 factions: The 6 Warband factions have each been subdivided into 3 "provinces" that begin as allies yet are fully unique, independent kingdoms. 6 faction troop trees still need to be completed.

- 6 types of encounter parties unique for all 18 factions/regions: Kingdom Patrols, Merchants, Mercenaries, Manhunters, Farmers, Bandits.

- Unique soldier type for all towns and castles: Using the same unique soldier templates from Nysne - every castle and town has a single unit type specific to that location that can only be recruited by the Lord. (e.g. Radoghir Foresters, Distar Guards, Praven Knights, Hrus Spearmen, etc...)

- Weapon/Armor/Horse merchants sell region-specific equipment

- Combat AI improvements, better blocking/target picking/pathfinding

Note that this list does not include features that are half-finished, everything I mentioned here is fully functional, though they could all use more polish.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm worried it's gonna run like SHIT. Like y'know, most of Mount and Blade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom