Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

exe

Augur
This maybe the wrong thread, but I thought Risen 3 was better than 2. I just got to the part where you die and it's Risen 2,5: islands, bloody pirates and the exact same character/leveling system. Does it get different? Is Crystalmagic viable or is it just shoot roll shoot again?
PB always had the same german voice actor for their protagonist, why did they suddenly replace it with some boring generic other guy?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
This maybe the wrong thread, but I thought Risen 3 was better than 2. I just got to the part where you die and it's Risen 2,5: islands, bloody pirates and the exact same character/leveling system. Does it get different? Is Crystalmagic viable or is it just shoot roll shoot again?
PB always had the same german voice actor for their protagonist, why did they suddenly replace it with some boring generic other guy?

Risen 3 has different islands and they all have different themes. Go take a look at the Demon Hunter isle.
You need a good ship to progress in the story, and for that you need to join a faction. DO NOT SELL any ancient knowledge, crystals or jade before you join one of the 3 factions. You can use those to buy skills from trainers. Demon Hunters use ancient knowledge, tribals use jade and the mages use crystals. If you intend to be a melee fighter, your best choice would be Demon Hunters and learning attack speed skills and spells like I did and fuck everything up. If you intend to go all magical, go with the mages as they have some really good spells. I don't really know about tribals too much. All the factions get a basic Kung Fu magical attack but I think the mages get some extra buffs with them. Shoot roll shoot roll is viable but learning how to play with sword and getting skills for it really pays off later, especially if you get a high grade weapon but in the beginning you WILL be a pissboy and get shit all over as a sword user before you get any gold.

Zlaja

Arcane
I went with vodoo guys in Risen 3 and I stumbled upon a funny sidequest in their camp where you can posses a tribal guard with your vodoo magic and then order a prisoner of theirs around. It was so well done I was pissing myself. :D

Doktor Best

Arcane
I love reading all the console gamer bashing and general game name dropping in console game threads. It gives me great joy when all the people that shouldn't be posting on the codex in the first place attack each other with references and sources no one on the codex should know or give a shit about.

The nuecodex is alive in these threads. But, this seems like it could be a console game that puts rpg first so I might buy it on release of that's true. And if that is true it makes sense why there is fighting in this thread and everyone calling it shit, since you don't see that shit with the latest console My Little Pony jrpgs you fucking morons love.

You start to sound like a broken record mate. But its nice to hear even someone as fervertly opposing anything not turn based as you is seeing a glimpse of the glory of ELEX.

You just played through the shitty tacked on tutorial (which as pb claimed was enforced by the publishers). The game starts now and it actually gets better if you dont expect gothic 1 and 2 quality.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't know what kind of dark magic PB use,but they have the only fetch quests i love! By the way who needs a non-combat solutions in PB game? Even Gothic games didn't have that shit. They had a combat solutions to a non-combat quests.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
524229222.jpg

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
7.5 seems fair from some irrelevant potato gaming news site knowing how potatoes love PB, I expect bigger sites like Gayspot, Polygon and IGN to give it under 6/10 because they died to an enemy 5 minutes in and losing is unfair and where the fuck is my combat skip option???

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
7.5 seems fair from some irrelevant potato gaming news site knowing how potatoes love PB, I expect bigger sites like Gayspot, Polygon and IGN to give it under 6/10 because they died to an enemy 5 minutes in and losing is unfair and where the fuck is my combat skip option???

they would give it 8, but they whined about bugs that will eventualy get patched out.

Jinn

Arcane
That review stated pretty much exactly what I expected. Tuesday can't come soon enough!

ELEX has been unleashed!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
GOL - they still deliver twitcher3 news? They dares to shit on Gothic reincarnated? How surprising...
Saw pros and cons, they sounds... familiar. Yes, a game from AAA publisher that got like 9 or 10/10, the one with Press A for Awesome Finisher kind of "game"...

jaydee2k

Savant
From the GameStar review
Fast immer gibt es drei, vier oder fünf Wege, einen Auftrag zu absolvieren. Wenn man sich dann noch entscheidet, einen Gefährten mitzunehmen (es gibt eine Handvoll charismatische Kandidaten), verändern sich die Dialoge zusätzlich. Apropos Buddys: Man kann sogar eine eigene Fraktion übernehmen und ausbauen. Wenn man sie denn in der Spielwelt findet. Ist uns erst nach 15 Stunden passiert.

Nearly always there are up to 4 or 5 different ways to solve a quest. If you have a companion the dialog options will additionally change.
You can overtake your OWN faction and develop her, IF you find her, which the reviewers did after 15 hours of playtime.
Best game since Gothic 2 was the headline...

:excellent:

Let us PRAY

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Most of these retarded 'journos' don't understand this and idea behind the PB games and they go 'bad animations, rought combat' etc, while gothic 3 already showed us what a sandbox rpg is capable of achieving, Elex perfected it.
While this is not another scripted Dragon Age or Skyrim shit, with AWESUM animations and scripted one hit killers.
idiots !

Elex the new king of aRPGs! the ultimate sandbox ! Only sophisticated people of Codex are able to understand this and select few.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom