Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Try to disable ambient occlusion. If that doesn't work, try playing with "/d3d9" set in Steam's launch option.

I have the GOG version.

EDIT: I forced it to work under dx9 the ol' fashioned way, turned off Ambient Occlusion and it seems to be back to normal. So much for dx11 :p I have an AMD card, though.

Last edited:

Renevent

Cipher
Played for about 30 mins, so far so good. Picked a Necromancer and the skellies are great. You summon 3 at a time, and it appears each time you summon you get random skellies. I've seen melee, ranged, and there's also a mage that drops fireballs from the sky. Nice touch. Also, I haven't played in like 6 months or so, but it looks like they've also touched up some of the early areas and have added new environment art and objects. Maybe it's just been a while, but the game looks better now. Regarding performance the game seems much smoother, and I don't get those tiny hiccups every so often like I used to. I have heard some folks with potato computers are having the opposite effect though.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I can confirm that some old epics were repurposed and given +Inquisitor and Necromancer skills. There also appears to be a slight chance for a more powerful skeleton to be summoned along with the regular archer/soldier/mage triumvirate.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Try to disable ambient occlusion. If that doesn't work, try playing with "/d3d9" set in Steam's launch option.

I have the GOG version.

EDIT: I forced it to work under dx9 the ol' fashioned way, turned off Ambient Occlusion and it seems to be back to normal. So much for dx11 :p I have an AMD card, though.

It runs palpably smoother with DX11 and a Nvidia card.

Ent

Savant
dual wielding guns without an item feels nice don't know how good the inquisitor actually is tho.

gaussgunner

Arcane

I have the GOG version.

Sweet, it works in WINE. Follow the updated Linux Guide http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34333 then run it with "wine Grim Dawn\ .exe /d3d9"

Axie

Scholar
How it fares against Path of Exile? Somehow I never even checked a trailer before... Seems like it's worth of installing.

Hyperion

Arcane
If you've played Titan Quest it's very similar to that title. Uses the same engine, same class system, same style of loot, but is more polished.

Sykar

Arcane
dual wielding guns without an item feels nice don't know how good the inquisitor actually is tho.

No idea yet but it is at the very least a good secondary class which offers a good heal and some nice buffs/debuffs/passives for many builds.
Also Necromancy rocks early game just walzing through everything atm with summons and Bone Spikes (?) from the ground in Veteran mode.

Oh and my DL started 19:00 yesterday and finished this night around 02:00 though I woke up at 04:00 to play a bit before going to sleep again.

/leSigh

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I have a GOG key for Ashes of Malmouth. Anyone want to trade a Steam key for it?

Hyperion

Arcane
Quite a few PoE streamers are playing for launch. Some for the first time. Should help its exposure a little bit at the very least. Always like seeing good devs get boosts.

Lunac

Arcane
Just got this one. As far as Diablo clones go this one is by far the most decent iteration in the last decade. Does Diablo better than D3. No trace of trying to reinvent the wheel here with nu-RPG stuffs or cinematic experiences (Aarklash & Van Helsing series) or cartoony made-for-mobile-feel games with rainbow-shit-sploding-cant-see-whats-happening (Torchlight 1-2). Only few hours in, so far p gud.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh and my DL started 19:00 yesterday and finished this night around 02:00 though I woke up at 04:00 to play a bit before going to sleep again.

/leSigh
I can't even imagine this. I just downloaded the base game while checking out this thread, and it took less than 2 minutes to download the 3.1 GB. My condolences, man.

I was trying to get it to work with my controller, but I can't even figure out how to pick up items or use the inventory.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
If you want to micro everything (and at higher difficulties it becomes almost mandatory, especially without gear), then no, I'd say pet classes are the most involved and keybinding heavy builds. A retaliation build is where you don't do anything.

Saduj

Arcane
Bought the expansion last night. Have tried to boot up the game three times since then and it crashed every time.

:negative:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Bought the expansion last night. Have tried to boot up the game three times since then and it crashed every time.

:negative:

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56626

GOG Galaxy has configuration settings like the Steam version. Go to Grim Dawn -> More -> Settings -> Add command line arguments and type /d3d9 if none of the first three workarounds do anything. By doing all of the steps, it works perfectly for me now, like before the expansion/patch.

Last edited:

Ent

Savant
Cadence and the top row of the Inquisitor mastery seemed to mesh pretty well once I got the elemental transmuter. It looks like Arcanist and Inquistor also has some obvious synergies.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Damn, they upped the difficulty with the expansion. Mobs are already at level 70 and I didn't even reach Malmouth on hardcore normal. Still walk in the park, but pets are dying from poison like every 3rd pull. Also Ekket'zul almost one shotted me (10k hp, max res) got hit for like 7k before I hit the potion button.

I guess these +5 levels per constellation will be usueful. All you hardcores stay frosty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom