Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Someone took "play-doh graphics" to a new level:

Educated
Current humblebundle:
jDrbk13.jpg

Out of this games I only know GalCiv and Fallen Enchantress(This was made by the guy(or guys?) who made that famous Fall From Heaven mod IIRC), but I didn't play either of these games long enough to have an opinion on them. Anyone know how these games are?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Need some codexers to tell me if this Kickstarted mario64esque platformer turned out good:

Aspects of gaming media claim this game supports White Supremacy or something, and want it destroyed.

Not sure if that's a glowing recommendation or just those same "aspects" of gaming media finally showing themselves to be bat-shit insane.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Need some codexers to tell me if this Kickstarted mario64esque platformer turned out good:

Aspects of gaming media claim this game supports White Supremacy or something, and want it destroyed.

Not sure if that's a glowing recommendation or just those same "aspects" of gaming media finally showing themselves to be bat-shit insane.

Jontron or whatever his name is voicing some characters in the game. Apparently, he's a nazi, but I know nothing about him or his views.

Modron

Arcane

Educated
New humblebundle:
NzSJgYm.png

Do you guys think that this is worth it? I heard BL games were pretty fun in MP, if anyone wants to play together(and live close to Turkey for latency reasons) PM me
Also should I post these here or in the indie bundle thread? I post here because all keys are activated on Steam anyway
Also BL2 only includes these DLCs it says:
Psycho Character Pack
Mechromancer Character Pack
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do you guys think that this is worth it?
Borderlands is worth a buck for sure. Van Helsing is supposed to be trash, Wurm is apparently MMO trash. Endless Legend is supposed to be a good 4x, I have it but haven't played it. Borderlands 2 is fine but it's just more of the same, might as well play Borderlands 1 twice. That said I would play the Pre-Sequel if someone gave it to me free.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I wouldn't bother getting Endless Legend unless it came with the DLC. The base game is really bare bones. It only feels like a complete game with all the DLC.

Latelistener

Arcane
Endless Legend is cool but gets old real fast, there's not a lot of meat to the game.
I felt the same while playing vanilla Endless Space. Kinda hoped that Legend will avoid that.
Strangely enough, Dungeon of the Endless holds much better, despite that it's a crazy vinaigrette of different genres and ideas.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do you guys think that this is worth it? I heard BL games were pretty fun in MP, if anyone wants to play together(and live close to Turkey for latency reasons) PM me

First Borderlands has the best itemization, and it's really enjoyable with 3 other players, to maximize the chances of loot drops of enemies. Sadly I'm burn out on the series, and vanilla BL 2 was so bad when it comes to the weapons/leveling system that I didn't even bother with any DLC.

Don Peste

Arcane
First Borderlands has the best itemization, and it's really enjoyable with 3 other players, to maximize the chances of loot drops of enemies. Sadly I'm burn out on the series, and vanilla BL 2 was so bad when it comes to the weapons/leveling system that I didn't even bother with any DLC.
I guess Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is kinda fun? Maybe tomorrow they have a casual Weekend Sale, I would recommend it at 66% off.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
VH Final Cut - average playtime 11h?
Game contain all 3 games (with ~4 chapters each) merged into one world and yet most people bail out because it's that fukin boring.
Go with Path of Exile, it's free and vastly superior compared to other trash

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I guess Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is kinda fun? Maybe tomorrow they have a casual Weekend Sale, I would recommend it at 66% off.

Yeah, I heard it's good and actually a nice mini-episode, but like I said, the sequel was a letdown.

The problem with BL 2 apart from the butchered unique weapons system was that a) you were quickly out of ammo and you just had to gather ammo like a crazy hobo, especially for automatic rifles b) the stronger you get, the more deadly were the enemies. It doesn't matter if you have 26500 HP and 35000 shield. A couple of foes and bam - hey guys, revive me please. At least in the first part you could make add some bravado even without the support from other players.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You thought you knew about grand strategy games? Let's see how good you are. Make a Codex LP of this. It's 80% off:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hunt: Showdown, the game that will decide Crytek's fate, is coming to Early Access:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom