Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watching other people play Fallout 1 on Twitch is painful

So what is so hard to understand about it? I see half of the people that play it die from the rats in the starting cave or in Vault 15. How is it this hard to play for most people that play it? It's not like the UI is complicated and the entire game can be played with a two button mouse.

Doktor Best

Arcane
So is setting your testicles on fire.

But the question is: Why would you do that?

Zenith

Arbiter
I hope they're at least playing it in ultra widescreen, having to use a magnifying glass to see your char is just a better experience overall.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
So what is so hard to understand about it? I see half of the people that play it die from the rats in the starting cave or in Vault 15. How is it this hard to play for most people that play it? It's not like the UI is complicated and the entire game can be played with a two button mouse.

Why the fuck are you watching other people play games online? Buy it and play it yourself like a normal person. There is nothing more deviant than watching other people play video games online. Stop the this nonsense immediately.
So is setting your testicles on fire.

But the question is: Why would you do that?

ping YES! he can answer this one

I don't set my testicles on fire. I sometimes enjoy setting my pubs on fire. It creates a flash burn that doesn't do much. I do it because 1) it is fun, like burning almost anything is 2) it is a much safer way of controlling the wild and unruly jungle of my pubs than using something sharp near my pride and joys 3) I like the smell it leaves. Its not pleasant but is far from unpleasant. It is savory and interesting and worth smelling.

Don't knock it till you try it.

Tigranes

Arcane
Watching other people is generally painful and it is a Bad Idea and you should stop

Like watching youtubers or twitch streams or stalking game developers or reading long twitter chains about some flame war or anything on reddit, it is one of those things god has given us so that playing video games appears productive and edifying in comparison

soulburner

Cipher
I recall not getting out of the cave, being killed by the rats multiple times when I first played Fallout ages ago. I probably didn't find the knife even. I thought this game sucked. Now I know it was just me who sucked. I probably got out of the cave when trying to play this game one more time a few years ago only thanks to... reading the damn manual. That's the most probable reason those twitch players couldn't survive the opening area too.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I sometimes enjoy setting my pubs on fire. It creates a flash burn that doesn't do much

I think you will be regretting those words at some point in your life.

I've been doing this a lot longer than you have been alive. Sometimes there have been some minor Michael Jackson issues, but nothing near as bad as the time my wife requested a shave off all my pubs and the horror and pain and scabs and ball blood and awful. Nothing sharp ever again. My way is far superior to any other way.

Max Damage

Savant
It's easy to die in the beginning if you didn't put any points into agility/perception and combat skills. Even if you did, there's nothing stopping radscorpions from spawning on your way to Shady Sands/Vault 15.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
It's easy to die in the beginning if you didn't put any points into agility/perception and combat skills. Even if you did, there's nothing stopping radscorpions from spawning on your way to Shady Sands/Vault 15.

You can escape many random encounters.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron

Educated
OP's been a member for longer than a year and only has 3 posts if you haven't noticed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom