Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

DK_k3v7UIAAN0nH.jpg

Incredibly suspicious

Prime Junta

So what does this mean then for Chris Avellone? Is he still worth something or is he shit?

If Dostoevsky had only written Crime and Punishment, he would still have earned his laurels.

I still hold out hope that there's another novel game in him.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Chris is not shit, he just takes shit jobs so the output is...surprise....shit.

Last time he had full control over something was Fallout DLCs and Alpha Protocol, and both were some of the best work he's ever done.

Prime Junta

So what does this mean then for Chris Avellone? Is he still worth something or is he shit?

If Dostoevsky had only written Crime and Punishment, he would still have earned his laurels.

nobody would serialise C&P if not for Memoirs from the House of the Dead's success

Dostoevsky did write a shitload of amazing stuff, C&P was a mostly random pick (although not entirely, it was the first great Russian novel I read and that was a transformational experience, but that's a personal perspective)

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
If the guy takes only shit, and only outputs shit as a result, why should he be considered awesome again?
Not saying he hasn't done anything good in the past, but I am saying that doesn't mean he gets automatic praise. Hell, I'm both Cain and Boyarsky's biggest supporters around here, and even I'm holding a bit of skepticism on their next project and relevancy, etc.

Prime Junta

If the guy takes only shit, and only outputs shit as a result, why should he be considered awesome again?
Not saying he hasn't done anything good in the past, but I am saying that doesn't mean he gets automatic praise. Hell, I'm both Cain and Boyarsky's biggest supporters around here, and even I'm holding a bit of skepticism on their next project and relevancy, etc.

Hope springs eternal.

:prosper:

Sentinel

Arcane
Chris is not shit, he just takes shit jobs so the output is...surprise....shit.

Last time he had full control over something was Fallout DLCs and Alpha Protocol, and both were some of the best work he's ever done.
lol the only good FNV DLC was Dead Money. OWB and Lonesome Road were fucking terrible full of the same enemies and insane HP bloat and resistances.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
If you hire Michelangelo and make him sculpt 5000 dildos, then dildos is what you're going to get. Doesn't make the man a shitty sculpturer.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I'm a bit sceptical about that considering he did his best stuff when he was a lead designer and after KotoR II he hasn't expressed interest in that position.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom