Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
lasn
Sep 29, 2017
Game is boring as hell. Only for geeks with big glasses. No action. It's like a card game. Turn based really belongs in the 90s. Graphics are bad too. Reminds me of Diablo 1.

That user review though... We should invite this guy here

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
lasn
Sep 29, 2017
Game is boring as hell. Only for geeks with big glasses. No action. It's like a card game. Turn based really belongs in the 90s. Graphics are bad too. Reminds me of Diablo 1.

That user review though... We should invite this guy here
And he is not the only one who is worthy! :D People praising the game for the wrong reasons and people bashing it for the wrong reasons.

Ventidius

Arbiter
That's hardly even a bandaid . To fix DOS2 armor and status effects design you have to tweak skills and the system itself , like rework certain abilities to ignore armor completely and balance them around that , include more ways to replenish armor so it becomes an actual mechanic and not just a second HP bar , reduce damage output in general , because it's absolutely out of control and characters without armor are as good as dead . I've never liked percentage chance for something to work , DOS2 armor system is step in the right direction , although it doesn't mean it's good in it's current form .

Yeah, one can't rely on mods to fix the issues with the current system, primarily because of the balance problems it would cause. It will take an EE or a major update to really bring both the systems and the content to their full potential.

The problem is, there is very little awareness outside the Codex of any of these issues, which is bad in that it reduces the likelihood of a fix happening, but it is also good in the sense that casuals usually get completely put off by any minor thing that might ruin the illusion that they are playing a 10/10 best game evar candidate.

So far, the game is being successful because the flaws are far too subtle for the normies and the journos to even detect - despite them being literally in front of them constantly. But if they ever become a meme, they could potentially ruin the game, which IMO would be bad for RPGs regardless of how you feel about the game itself.

There is hope though, after all Swen does read the Codex. :lol:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I think I now understand the complaints about the initiative system. That it alternates in itself is not that much of a problem, and balancing initiative gains from Wits in such a way that stacking it for alpha strikes every fight isn't optimal is probably not trivial. The problem is that the system is both buggy and unintuitive, and the way summons are added to the current combat round instead of the next. Some pretty cool fights (teracotta warriors in the Surrey tomb and Hannag stand out) are just made extremely stupid by the summon priority.

Seethe

Arbiter
... why would the writers have anything to do with the battle system? Did the "gameplay" staff even change from DOS1?

Their shit is contagious. That is why. Also many new people hired in the "gameplay" section. Most of them are LBGTQ SJWs.

Is this shit supposed to actually mean something? Liberals like to accuse everyone else of being a nazi, but you do the exact same shit. Take a chill pill, a more polite way of saying "shut the fuck up".

... why would the writers have anything to do with the battle system? Did the "gameplay" staff even change from DOS1?

Their shit is contagious. That is why. Also many new people hired in the "gameplay" section. Most of them are LBGTQ SJWs.

Is this shit supposed to actually mean something? Liberals like to accuse everyone else of being a nazi, but you do the exact same shit. Take a chill pill, a more polite way of saying "shut the fuck up".
Europe was taking a chill pill while the rapefugees were invited. Remember it a couple of decades back. Look at it now. observe it a couple of decades in the future.

Decline is insidious, but the warning signs are always there. Larian is spiraling into decline.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Watching some videos, it definitely appears the characters in this game appeal primarily to teenagers and other rebellious types. No surprise, this game was after all written for and by SJWs that grew up with social networks as their main source of "inspiration". But that is not the shocking revelation. What is shocking is how so many reviewers juxtapose this kiddie game side by side to giants like BG2 or PS:T as the greatest RPG of the decade. What the fuck?

Tigranes

Arcane
So Mods are fixing it. Much more than the incompetent LBGTQ SJWs hired at Larian.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1157299447

Resist status based on % phy/magic armor left.

:positive:

The AI shouldn't struggle too much with this, given it already throws all its abilities at you as a way of breaking down armour.

The question is how exactly the combination of % to fail relative to remaining armour & flat save % increase with stats work. So a level 10 Lone Wolf might easily have 20 CON and 4 Presv => 56% hard save = meaning still full resist at anything above half armour, and then, if I understand correctly, retains a new 56% chance to save even when the armour is completely gone.

It's most definitely on the right track though, with the added benefit of making sure you don't pump all your attribs into a single place.

Ivan

Arcane
Brothers, the struggle of holding off playing has become easier, is the game all patched up (read something about Quest Log issues). Also, is Tactician recommended if I DO NOT intend to metagame/restart battles after learning their layout?

Gracias

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Because he might like da mod?
I think he still likes his pitchfork more.

speakung of

qfayfl.jpg

Hmm!

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
A week has passed since I almost finished the game and I don't remember a single thing about it.It's like junk food,you get some tingling while you devour it but after an hour you still crave for more.

In the end,the so called ''great'' combat is not enough to carry the other aspects of the game.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Hah, just noticed that apparently, my thread on the Larian forums has been locked after just 5 pages. Should about settle what we can expect to see from Larian on the topic of fixing the issues with the game.

I think they drank the Kool-Aid handed out by the cultists of their own product.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hah, just noticed that apparently, my thread on the Larian forums has been locked after just 5 pages. Should about settle what we can expect to see from Larian on the topic of fixing the issues with the game.

I think they drank the Kool-Aid handed out by the cultists of their own product.

I'm pretty sure they locked it because of that Zherot character who was throwing a fit in there(I wouldn't be surprised if he is a codexian btw, at all) . Of course they could've deleted his posts and ban him...
Don't worry though, the main issues you had are constantly appearing in other topics.
The bad part for me is that there is a decent amount of people that are defending the current armor/initiative systems in these topics.

Felix

Arcane
If you detach one of your character and get into fight with other three, the detached character can move freely everywhere while others are will be waiting for their turn :lol:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

I went over this earlier in the thread, the entire design team was changed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom