Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Half Life and Half Life 2 - List of recommended modifications and mini campaigns

HansDampf

Arcane
I was trying to play Half-Life C.A.G.E.D. but this texture bug is giving me headaches.
M3jsVKn.jpg
What is this and how do I get rid of it?

HansDampf

Arcane
I'm using OpenGL. The only other render option is Software which looks fine but gives me horrible framerate. And when I change the fov the weapon viewmodel disappears.
Verifying did nothing.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since I'm replaying some of the HL mods, I'm double checking if anything good was omitted earlier. Well, it turns out that indeed there are still interesting campaigns to play that I have not included.

Focalpoint is one of them.

The mods uses assets from the original and Opposing Force expansion pack, but it doesn't need the latter one to run. What it really shines here is level design mixed with puzzles, which are more frequent than usually. The maps are really nicely done, and are detailed as well. The only problem is that the resources like medkits/armor batteries aren't around every corner. It's more like having point A and B and you need to survive between moving them to finally catch some breath. Later on this feature is minimized, but the first half is like that. Overall a great mod, with awesome sequence near the end.

20171003220914_17usns.jpg

20171003214753_1ynsr0.jpg

20171005192646_1isssz.jpg

20171005195110_1stsd7.jpg

20171005195906_1k2sfd.jpg

20171005200335_1wzszx.jpg

20171005200729_1sysmf.jpg

20171002223449_1lusj7.jpg

20171003194553_121szk.jpg

20171003195257_1kjsyo.jpg

20171003195750_1ausjk.jpg

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I played CAGED and it was terrible. When you're a former Valve employee and a level designer, what you definitely want to do is release a mod that takes place in jail. Inspired by this experience, I tried to stream all the prison mods I could find for all Half-Life games.

So far I got:
Half-Life: C.A.G.E.D.
Prisoner Escaped
Prisoner Escaped 2
Half-Life 2: Riot Act
Prospekt
The Masked Prisoner
Half-Life: Prison (pronounced pry-son) v2.1
Omega Prison
And some small two-map HL2 campaign with no real details to it

I didn't finish all of these in one sitting, and I forgot that the Omega Prison one even existed after I installed it, so I have to continue later. Does anyone have prison mods to add to this list? It'd be good to make sure I've got them all.

Plisken

Learned
don't know if its been mentioned yet, but Heart Of Evil is a fantastic HL1 campaign that is almost a total conversion (actually new weapons and npcs instead of just reskins)

It's a zany action homage to Apocalypse Now, tongue firmly in cheek. Long levels, some puzzles, great weapon variety.

Warning: do NOT play the "napalm edition" which is some retarded kid's "remake" of a game he clearly didn't get. The better graphics are simply not worth his retarded personal additions like out of place music and dumbed down level design. Stick to the original.

Don Peste

Arcane
0Ho2VRS.png

Gunman Chronicles: Locked and Reloaded is now live!
First off, what's a Gunman?
Gunman Chronicles is a game powered by the Half-Life engine, originally released in late 2000.

On the frontier of civilized space, you battle across four different worlds, encountering many unique enemies along the way, ranging from ferocious dinosaurs to the genetically engineered Xenomes.

What's this all about then?

The Locked and Reloaded project aims to provide insight into Gunman Chronicles' development, in the form of playable game sections, stories from the game's original developers and remastered levels and assets.

So what're our long-term plans?
Thanks to the support of the game's original developers, we have been able to recover a small portion of the game's original and lost content (time has not been fair to us), primarily in the form of ancient backups and long lost CDs, with the occasional source file scattered amongst the rubble.

We are still in the process of connecting with former developers, with their help we hope that as time goes on, we can provide more interesting and unique content. This project is ever-expanding!

What can you expect to see in the future?
As of now? We are working on a remastered port of the game's older levels, which were intended for the E3 2000 games expo. These levels are almost completely different from those that were included with the finalised game, many of which boast intricate brush-based artwork and inspiring textures and locations. The updated and remastered maps will make heavy use of advancements made over the 18 years since the game's initial release, such as updated map and model compile tools; vastly improving visual fidelity and squashing many annoying bugs. Unlike the original game, this release will be based on the Steam edition of Half-Life, using our port of the retail game to that platform as a base.

So what now?
Sit back and relax! Our revamped E3 campaign is well on its way to completion. We're making sure that everything plays and runs smoothly, so that these maps are at their best they can be. Currently in the downloads section we have uploaded the "Gunman WC Mappack" which is a collection of all map sources from Gunman Chronicles that we have been able to acquire.

Thanks for reading!

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
So I played this a couple of hours yesterday and let me tell you this is a real gem. It's essentially HL revisited from a different POV, but with a more suspenseful/horrific tone to it. It honors all the HL characteristics, like smart level design with logical puzzles interwoven, careful pacing mixed with special events, action and environmental exploring. You would think it was an addon designed by Valve themselves.

Just don't get put off early on if you're stuck with the crowbar for too long.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Looks cool, I'll give it a tr-

This mod has been created and tested for the Windows version of Half-Life on Steam, and it is not compatible with Half-Life Source or the old WON version of Half-Life.

Oh. Nevermind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom