Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
When this game is the only RPG they've ever played, then yeah, it will feel like the Second Coming in gaming. When your FPS-addled brain sees something else your neurons immediately fire all kinds of new and exciting signals. Why D:OS2 got so hip and trendy with the cool kids is a mystery, though.
Not that much of a mystery, if you think about it. I just think that it managed to pull in enough people that have never really played any kind of CRPG before, and which lit the fuse, and then the people that play popular things started hyping it because it's popular.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Polymorph is amazing. The fight against voidwoken in a certain basement was pretty silly. I petrified like 12 of them.

Polymorph is the single best addition made to the game's systems, closely followed by the revamp of Witchery into Necromancy. Very fun skills

So I gotta renege a little on this. While Necromancy now holds a clear #1 ranking for me in terms of fun systems (seriously, my future second playthrough might just be with a Necromancer as well, I really like the redesign), Polymorph on the higher levels has been VERY disappointing. Both in terms of power, utility, and creative applications :/

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Nice

Playing lone wolf is massive cheese on its own.

:troll:
Well it is.

Everyone is talking about 2 LW being the "best" way to play the game. I think it all boils down to the stupidly restrictive AP count you get by default. 4 AP leaves you very little room to set up some fun combos. The fact that several enemies have a gazillion AP (Bishop Alexandar legit pissed me off with his 4 spells/turn + movement) just adds insult to injury. Compare it to the first game where you had glass cannon mages setting everyone aflame, zapping their asses and then pulling some other crazy shenanigans, all in the same turn. Lone wolf gives you a small taste of "what could've been".

Yesterday I was excited to try out a crazy rogue combo worthy of The King of Fighters™. Flesh sacrifice, apotheosis, chameleon, mortal blow, skin graft, adrenaline, flesh sacrifice and ANOTHER chameleon into mortal blow. Sounds cool right? Except mortal blow is "only once per fight, goy". No fun for me. Instead I get the sterile and boring middle finger of "muh balance!".

Anyway, gonna wait for a patch to fix the horrible lag and overall shittyness of Arx. I'm not in a rush... :roll:

Due to all my cheesing (do as many quests as possible, then kill everyone involved before leaving the island). I just killed Alexander and co with Gareth on failing a persuasion check. That bumped me to lv 18.
Now problem is after unlocking 3 source points, I went crazy with skillbooks buying as much as I could and left with almost no jewgold.
I am using equipment which is still lv14 in some cases (not that bad tbh with debloat mod; but starting to feel the difference)
Any dungeon/quest nearby which rewards lv16+ loot? the higher level the better. At least need lv appropriate weapons damnit.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Nice

Playing lone wolf is massive cheese on its own.

:troll:
Well it is.

Everyone is talking about 2 LW being the "best" way to play the game. I think it all boils down to the stupidly restrictive AP count you get by default. 4 AP leaves you very little room to set up some fun combos. The fact that several enemies have a gazillion AP (Bishop Alexandar legit pissed me off with his 4 spells/turn + movement) just adds insult to injury. Compare it to the first game where you had glass cannon mages setting everyone aflame, zapping their asses and then pulling some other crazy shenanigans, all in the same turn. Lone wolf gives you a small taste of "what could've been".

Yesterday I was excited to try out a crazy rogue combo worthy of The King of Fighters™. Flesh sacrifice, apotheosis, chameleon, mortal blow, skin graft, adrenaline, flesh sacrifice and ANOTHER chameleon into mortal blow. Sounds cool right? Except mortal blow is "only once per fight, goy". No fun for me. Instead I get the sterile and boring middle finger of "muh balance!".

Anyway, gonna wait for a patch to fix the horrible lag and overall shittyness of Arx. I'm not in a rush... :roll:
Yeah, the AP limit really straight-jackets things, and the fact that you regain 4 AP each turn but can only have 6 AP just makes it even more frustrating, because it means that unless you actually spend a minimum of 2 AP each turn, you're wasting your AP - even if it's the optimal choice, the psychology off it runs counter. I'm sure there's a fancy word for it, like some kind of sunk cost fallacy or buyers remorse except in reverse. I'm actually thinking about using the 8 AP Maximum mod, even though I know it'll make the game even easier, objectively.

Part of it is that my GF is playing an Enchantress and as such, she's mostly relegated to buffing/battlefield control, and she feels like she has to skip turns all the time and end up wasting AP because of it, and I can relate - and it's probably extra annoying to her because my characters are a Shadowblade and a Battlemage Ifan, and we practically never skip turns and are, if anything, AP-starved. It's extremely wonky, imho.

The 8 AP would only really become a major issue if someone is a Glass Cannon, anyway (or maybe Lone Wolf, but that's not on the table).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The loot system has gotten even more obnoxious than in the first game, ESPECIALLY at later levels. You're CONSTANTLY switching out gear and there's next to no difference between items except strictly higher numbers and some minor stat differences.

The only "old" item I use is a level 8 Magic Armour 14 amulet on my Glass Cannon, because it has Stun Immunity (which is vastly surperior on a Glass Cannon than 50 or so more Magic Armour). Besides that it's just this rote, constant double clicking on new items. Switching out runes is just tedious, not least because the effect is so marginal.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The more i play the worae the game become :(

Some of the problems i found can be fixed like bugs, balancing and other stuff,

But core mechanics like itemization and armor is sadly never gonna be fixed. They recognize the complaints, as swen always said especially about the loot, but they wont recognize it as a problem and insist it is the best solution to metagaming (which is NOT)

it is still fun and i still enjoy playing it, but as something that promote itself as tactical rpg it didnt just hit it like other games. DOS 1 is a bit better in this aspect. The armor system are pretty much "deplete their armor and then stunlock them with arrange of status effect"

I mean you can turn most bosses into a frickin chicken if not all of them.

I think recent rpg that did tactical turn based combat well are the expeditions game, voidspire/alvora tactics was brilliant too.

Tl;dr

The game need our lord and saviour joshua eric sawyer
:littlemissfun:

ukdouble1

Educated
I came to the end, I talked with everyone. I learned a lot. The fight does not begin regardless of my choice. Everything okay? Should I start the slaughter myself?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
RPGWatch review: https://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/divinity--original-sin-ii-review-431.html

Divinity: Original Sin II Review
by Maylander, 2017-10-03

banner-931.jpg

In 2014, Larian released Divinity: Original Sin to critical acclaim, and got a rare 5/5 in Corwin's review here at the Watch. In order to achieve their goal, Larian resorted to Kickstarter, where they gained about a million dollars in a hugely successful campaign. That campaign also lead to a rather interesting Watch VS Codex quest in the game, where Myrthos lead the Watchers in their hunt for the renegade imps of the Codex.

Now, after obtaining two million dollars in another very successful Kickstarter campaign, the sequel has finally arrived. The big question is: Could it actually live up to the standard set by the original, especially considering the original was one of the best RPGs in recent years?

Replaying Divinity: Original Sin while waiting for the sequel

The short answer to that question is: Yes, mostly. It's actually better in most ways, but it lacks the polish of the original, probably because the scope is greater. For a longer, more detailed answer, we need to take a good look at the actual game.

Note: The co-op system is still present, and there's a new Dungeon Master system in place as well. However, it's something of a stand alone module that I haven't tried, which is why it's not present in the review.

Character development
In Divinity: Original Sin, we created two main characters at the start of the game, and could then recruit up to two more during our travels. There was also an option to pick a "Lone Wolf" talent which increased your overall stats, but lowered the maximum party size by 1 (so 1x Lone Wolf + 2x regular members, or 2x Lone Wolf + 0 regular members). It was quite an interesting mechanic, leading to a lot of possible party setups.

The character creation in Divinity: Original Sin 2 is mostly the same, and you'll recognize most attributes, skills and talents, but there are certain differences:

• You now only create one character. The others are recruited.
  • You can select an "Origin" character now, which has a real personality and mission when you start the game. This affects dialogues and events, similar to the origin stories in Dragon Age: Origins. It really does have a significant impact, so it certainly adds replay value.
  • Characters now have "tags", most of which are obtained in the start, but a few can be gained over the course of the game. Tags enable you to complete quests and dialogues in different ways, and it's highly recommended to have a good combination of tags in your party. For example, both "Scholar" and "Mystic" is required to decipher and learn a certain potion recipe, which is the only way to get the most out of a particular quest. Other quests can only be properly solved with "Soldier", "Noble" and so on.
  • There is no stat to increase the amount of action points you have per turn. A few skills, such as "Haste", will increase it, but other than that you'd need either the talents "Lone Wolf" or "Glass Cannon" to increase your action points.
  • "Lone Wolf" now only works when the party consists of one or two members. In other words: If you are going for a Lone Wolf character, always get 2x Lone Wolf, and never 1x Lone Wolf and 1x regular, as that would simply weaken the party significantly. There's less of a mix'n match approach than in the original, but having played the game with both a full party and a 2x Lone Wolf party, I can confirm that 2x Lone Wolf is not only viable, but probably stronger than a full party through most of the game, but only once you're familiar with the game mechanics and can build them somewhat correctly.
  • And finally, the main character can now be one of five races (human, lizard, dwarf, elf and undead) instead of just human. Each race opens up new dialogue options and has a few, minor racial abilities. The biggest difference is undead, who get wounded by healing spells and healed by poison spells, which adds an extra element to consider in combat.

Fane the undead is a potential origin, and an interesting one at that

The combination of origin, tags, race, skills, talents and even party size means there's an almost unprecedented level of customization and experimentation related to character development. Even the original didn't have as many options, and it was already exceptional in its day and age. It really is a nod to the old PnP games, as well as older RPGs inspired by such PnP games, as it's bound to spark similar discussions on what type of character to create, how to set up the team and what choices were made along the way.

The original also had a similar feature for sorting the inventory. Very useful, for obvious reasons

Combat
Like in its predecessor, combat is turn based. In an interview over at Gamebanshee, Kingmaker developer Owlcat Games described the challenge in making a successful turn based system:

Turn-based combat brings a lot of tactical elements into every battle, but it comes at the cost of battles being long. In tactical turn based combat you want each battle to be challenging, a small puzzle to solve - otherwise it becomes boring. So you as developer will struggle with ordinary battles - make them easy and it is boring, make them hard and you exhaust the player. Even if you manage to solve this, turn-based combat will still require a lot of attention from the player and this attention will not be spent on anything else.
It's obviously easier for games of a smaller scope, as you're not as likely to run into issues like exhausting or boring the player, but Divinity: Original Sin 2 has a massive scope; even my replay took well over 50 hours, and the first run was considerably longer.

That being said, Larian has already succeeded in creating and refining a system that works, in the enhanced edition of Divinity: Original Sin, so it's no surprise that they've done it again. Overall, the combat system is challenging, tactical and with lots of options. However, there are still a few, drawn out fights here and there, just like in the original. This is especially the case on higher difficulties, so if you're not a particularly patient player, it might be a good idea to stick to "Classic" or "Explorer".

The main reason the combat works well, even over time, is the amount of variety found in the game. Early on, it might seem very straight forward, but if you're willing to experiment a bit over time, as you gain new skills and spells, you'll find new combinations and possibilities that simply aren't obvious.

What's better than a fireball? A fireball with height advantage!

For example, height advantage is a new feature which is fairly easy to take advantage of, but using healing spells to damage enemy undead might not be as obvious. In a similar fashion, the new Source system (you get a limited amount of Source to use for the most powerful spells) might seem straight forward, but getting the most out of it requires quite a bit of practice. Another change that will take some time to get used to is a "Mass Effect 2" style protection system, where it's impossible to use crowd control abilities while someone is protected. A consequence of this is that the "Constitution" stat is almost worthless, as it's much better to simply target gear with the right protection.

The original didn't have any of that, but it did have a stronger sense of progression, mainly because there were efficient ways of gaining additional action points. Now, you're basically stuck at four action points for normal characters and six for Lone Wolves or Glass Cannons. Sure, there are certain consumables and skills that can help you gain a point here or there, but it's not enough to drastically change how the fights play out.

Also, combat no longer uses "initiative" in the same way that it used to: A common tactic was to give the entire party a high initiative rating, enabling you to make all your moves in a given turn before the enemy could do anything. The new system is more fair in that initiative only determines the order of your characters, and whether or not your character with the highest initiative gets to go first or second, behind the enemy with the highest initiative. Beyond that, it's simply every other turn, except for summoned creatures, who immediately get a turn right after they've been summoned.

I think there are a few enemies in there. Or were. Either way, the spell effects look good

It's still a great system, and combat is both fun and challenging, but I would have preferred a slightly stronger sense of progress coming from the actual characters, and not their gear. As it is, the main difference between level 15 characters and ones at level 21, is a massive leap in terms of gear. In fact, gear makes a much bigger difference here than in most RPGs, so it's well worth checking vendors every time you get a new level up, as they'll have a new set of items ready for that level.

In terms of combat, I found myself preferring a party consisting of two Lone Wolves rather than a full party of four. It's easier to maintain their gear, and the extra action points means they can do quite a bit more than most characters. The overall amount of action points in the party is lower (12 vs 16), but the characters using them are vastly stronger, giving them a sense of being truly powerful compared to their enemies. However, I actually wouldn't recommend it for anyone who's new to the game, as it means missing out on additional companions, who add quite a lot to the game.

Writing
The overall writing is excellent, and the companions are a very good example of that. Larian did something unique when writing companions: They essentially wrote six characters, each with their own personalities, their own quests and their own backgrounds, and then they let you play one of them, and recruit up to three out of five of the others. The origin stories that you can choose during character creation are actually one of the cast, and you get to step into his or her role, in addition to the role as the leader. You can also choose to customize a character, or recruit customized companions, but that means missing out on quite a lot of interesting dialogue and side quests.

The only problem with this approach is that the characters are so involved in what's going on that you could end up ruining a quest for one character by doing another quest for someone else, such as killing characters that one of the companions need to talk to. The only way to avoid this is to be careful whenever a quest leads to someone seemingly important dying, and to make progress on the companion quests as soon as possible.

It seems the Voidwoken weren't willing to pay the troll toll. Too bad

Beyond the companion quests, there is a vast amount of side quests available. Most of them are very well written, interesting and occasionally funny. Very few of them feel tedious, and there aren't a lot of traditional fetch quests, which is definitely a good thing. Quests range from solving murders to finding out what to do with a baby chicken, so there's certainly not a lack of variety.

A supposedly powerful, talking crab on a quest to find another powerful, talking crab. Good times

The same is true for the main story, which is interesting from start to finish, and rarely predictable. There are a lot of twists and turns, but it never gets too confusing. An interesting point is that, depending on the main character and the companions present, you'll get different pieces of the puzzle from time to time. It's not a big thing, and you don't need any particular character to make sense of the story, but it's a nice little detail. Also, you can initiate conversations with your companions, so if you need a certain tag or origin, it's entirely possible for them to do the talking. Occasionally, dialogues will be triggered when entering a room or approaching an NPC, however, in which case the closest character will be chosen. That can be a bit annoying if you prefer to do all your talking with a specific character, so it's something to be aware of.

Given that I am still a big fan of Divinity: Ego Draconis, I was hoping for some more references to that game, especially considering the high amount of references to Divinity: Original Sin. I get that it's the predecessor, but in terms of timeline it's been about 1200 years since the original, meaning it's set right before Beyond Divinity and Ego Draconis.

Getting to the bottom of this dungeon takes a bit of trial and error to say the least

Also, I feel I should mention that there's virtually no hand-holding whatstoever. The last time I was left scratching my head as often as this was probably during Monkey Island 2 or some such thing. For the most part, I feel that's a good thing, but it happened a bit too frequently near the end. It started feeling like a lack of testing or polish rather than a lack of hand-holding, as certain quests are so vague it's basically down to "try everything" instead of trying to solve a puzzle or use clues.

It's not really a surprise though, as the amount of ways to solve quests is staggering. I can't imagine what it's like to test every single combination of every single quest, as how you solve one quest often has an impact on something else. It's deeply impressive, and offers a level of choices and consequences I don't think I've seen since The Witcher 3. This, in turn, has an impact on exploration, because the order in which you do things actually has consequences.

Exploration
The game takes place in Rivellon, a world we have seen in quite a few games by now, and it's always well crafted. This is no exception, and the world is both beautiful and interesting to explore. That being said, it's still not a game that fully focuses on exploration; it's slightly more open than its predecessor, mainly because the areas are bigger, but each area is closed off. At certain points in the story, you get a warning that you're about to leave a certain area, which means it's a good time to finish off any remaining side quests, do a little shopping (or stealing) and chat to anyone you still feel like talking to.

Rivellon looks great yet again. To be honest, the game looks and feels better than the screenshots are able to capture

After that, any unsolved quests in the journal are simply closed with a note that says something along the lines of "we left without doing.. ". Given that the quests are simply not possible to solve any longer, this is pretty decent solution, but sadly it's currently bugged, as quite a few quests will be successfully completed, yield the proper reward, but still get some note on how some character died despite being saved. For completionists, this can be quite frustrating, but Larian has confirmed that they're working on a major patch to fix the remaining issues, so it might even be fixed by the time you read this.

It's no doubt a result of the complex nature of questing in the game. As mentioned previously, the order in which you come across NPCs or do quests have an actual impact on future quests. Did you already talk to someone about this before meeting some important character? Bring it up in the conversation. In a few, rare cases it even determines whether or not someone lives, which I only noticed because I played through it twice. No indication is given that someone might die because you resuce someone else first, nor is there any indication that you could have saved them. It's actually a bit strange, as it's something you'll only notice if you play the game multiple times, and do things in a different order.

Still, exploration remains interesting and rewarding throughout the game, and it's well worth exploring every nook and cranny. Larian's attention to detail is excellent, so there's always something to find, whether it's a hidden treasure, something funny or some interesting piece of information. Also, there are quite a few optional puzzles to find, most of which are related to quests, and they're usually well made. A few of them are a bit vague, or require a specific skill to solve, which can be problematic if you encounter the puzzle before obtaining the right skill, as there's often no indication that it's required.

Being able to see and communicate with spirits can be very useful

For example, "Spirit Vision" is an important skill gained through the main quest, that can be used to see spirits and similar. It's somewhat similar to the ability to talk to souls in Pillars of Eternity, though you're rarely hit by a similar wall of text. That particular skill should be used a lot while exploring, as it also reveals certain levers or patterns required for puzzles, which means you simply haven't got a chance if you haven't gained the skill yet. It's certainly not a major issue, but it wouldn't be a surprise if Larian decided to make certain things a bit smoother in a potential Enhanced Edition, elevating the game even further.

The atmosphere is fantastic. It's worth spending some time here and there to observe the small details, such as these children playing in the streets

Finally, I feel I should mention the atmosphere. Atmosphere is rather difficult to describe, as it's based mostly on how each individual player feels while playing the game. It's often a combination of music, graphics and world design, though even NPCs and their behavior can come into play. Personally, I kept thinking of Arcanum when playing the game, as both games have a fantastic atmosphere. There's just something about the feeling you get right from the start while exploring the first region of either game: The music, the color palette, the overall art design, the dialogues.. it just feels right. It feels good, and the feeling is there throughout most of the game.

Verdict
So where does all of that leave us? Well, it leaves us with a game that is almost unparalleled in this day and age when it comes to party composition and possiblities, top notch writing, challenging combat and an excellent atmosphere.

Another fascinating location to explore. Oh, and do make sure you get the "Game Saved" message before doing anything else, or it might not save properly

Unfortunately, it still has a few bugs, technical issues and quests that are too vague even for someone who prefers no hand-holding. Nothing of it is game breaking, but it can be annoying to find out that the game didn't get saved properly because something happened between pressing the save button and the save completion message. Also, it's a bit annoying that the AI will automatically use just about every possible consumable available if the inventory is "known"; for example charmed party members or traders who you've traded with. In fact, the most challenging fight in the game is actually such a character, and that character will chug down about a dozen potions to become virtually immortal if you've done any trading.

However, we do know that Larian is already working on a big patch to fix most known issues, and we also know that Larian has a habit of creating free Enhanced Editions, just like CD Project. For now, I actually can't give it a full score, despite enjoying it a great deal, but the potential is definitely there for this to become an all-time great if Larian decides to enhance it even further.

I ended up having so much fun in Divinity: Original Sin 2 that I just had to fire up the developer's cut of Divinity 2

The bottom line is that I've just played through it twice, spent well over 120 hours on it, and I'm already hoping for an Enhanced Edition so I've got a good reason to give it another go. All in all, I think it's fair to say that Larian has done it again.

Summary
Pros
  • Complex and varied character development
  • Fun, challenging combat
  • Fantastic atmosphere, due to excellent music and a beautiful
  • Interesting companions and origin system
  • Consistently good writing from start to finish
Cons
  • A few bugs here and there, such as quests that are closed in
  • Too many vague quests or puzzles, especially in the second h
  • Lacking sense of progression for characters near the end
Rating
star-highlight.png
star-highlight.png
star-highlight.png
star-highlight.png
star-empty.png

Black

Arcane
Fun fact about challenging wombat: while enemies in many encounters start in good positions, on high ground, hard to hit etc all you have to do is back away from the encounter a bit, like behind a wall or an obstacle. Enemies will gladly leave their positions to get to you and some won't even join their comrades.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
This is too long so spoilered.
  • Omar "You chose to pack fudge now Allah is your judge" Mateen
  • Omar "Turnin' fruits into vegetables" Mateen
  • Omar "Killed 50 Twinks and Didn't Blink" Mateen
  • Omar "Make the queer disappear" Mateen
  • Omar "Spray the gay away" Mateen
  • Omar "LGBTBBQ" Mateen
  • Omar "Unload my mag in every fag" Mateen
  • Omar "You lick bum? Die like scum" Mateen
  • Omar "Suck a cock, get the glock" Mateen
  • Omar "Club's closed due to AIDS" Mateen
  • Omar "Instilling fear in the queers" Mateen
  • Omar "Smoke fags indoors" Mateen
  • Omar "Suck my Glock" Mateen
  • Omar "Giving Queens the M16" Mateen
  • Omar "Empty my 9 at the gloryhole line" Mateen
  • Omar "Putting fags into body bags" Mateen
  • Omar "Born this way? Then you die today" Mateen
  • Omar "Think I'm cute, then I have to shoot" Mateen
  • Omar "Anal Annihilator" Mateen
  • Omar "Can't eat cock during Ramadan" Mateen
  • Omar "Don't eat ass during my holy fast" Mateen
  • Omar "Act haram you get harm" Mateen
  • Omar "Candy ass turned to glass" Mateen
  • Omar "The penetrator, no homo" Mateen
  • Omar "Put away that peen or get a bullet in you spleen" Mateen
  • Omar "Tossing grenades at pride parades" Mateen
  • Omar "If you're a poof, you're off the roof" Mateen
  • Omar "Emptying my glock on those who like cock" Mateen
  • Omar "Stay in the closet or you get put in a casket' Mateen
  • Omar "Adam and Steve, meet Smith and Wesson" Mateen
  • Omar "Lick a thick dick, get bricked quick" Mateen
  • Omar "Koran says it's a no no so gays have got to go go" Mateen
  • Omar "Open gaybar? Allahu Akbar" Mateen
  • Omar "Get on your knees, close your eyes, and open your mouth" Mateen
  • Omar "Kiss a man? BLAM" Mateen
  • Omar "If he sucks cock he's going to get shot" Mateen.
  • Omar "Wiping the gay club clean" Mateen
  • Omar "One Man Homocaust" Mateen
  • Omar "The Closet Closer" Mateen
  • Omar "I got something to put in you" Mateen
  • Omar "Fags gon' fall when I shoot 'em all" Mateen
  • Omar "What did he mean" Mateen
  • Omar "Bustin' caps in traps" Mateen
  • Omar "God Slay The Queen" Mateen
  • Omar "It's Raining Lead" Mateen
  • Omar "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" Mateen
  • Omar "At War with Gaybar" Mateen
  • Omar "Islaminator9001" Mateen
  • Omar "Barbaric Berzerker, Blooding up the buobonic butt blasters" Mateen
  • Omar "Not a real Muslim" Mateen
  • Omar "Happy Ramabomb" Mateen
  • Omar "Take a wife or lose your life" Mateen
  • Omar "Out of the closet and into the casket" Mateen
  • Omar "Gay bar? Allahu Akbar" Mateen
  • Omar "Cho's high score? What a bore!" Mateen
  • Omar "Chinaman can't outplan the Imam" Mateen
  • Omar "Bite the pillow, Pulse is 0" Mateen
  • Omar "Lighting up the floor with my M4" Mateen
  • Omar "Fag Killer" Mateen
  • Omar "Shoot em' all, it's halal" Mateen
  • Omar "Tag the fags" Mateen
  • Omar "Party all night with the sodomites" Mateen
  • Omar "Gays are gone on Ramadan" Mateen
  • Omar "Hot lead injections stops the AIDs infections" Mateen
  • Omar "Going akbar in a gaybar" Mateen
  • Omar "He's got no Pulse" Mateen
  • Omar "Bustin' caps at assless chaps" Mateen
  • Omar "Pulled a scimitar in a gay bar" Mateen
  • Omar "Quit suckin' dicks or feel some 5.56" Mateen
  • Omar "Calling airstrikes on bull dykes" Mateen
  • Omar "Blowback Mountain" Mateen
  • Omar "Islam 1 2 3" Mateen
  • Omar "Real life Call of Duty in the house of gay booty" Mateen
  • Omar "Omar comin!" Mateen
  • Omar "Going Genghis Khan on Elton John" Mateen
  • Omar "Off the GRIDS" Mateen
  • Omar "Bloody every butt-buddy" Mateen
  • Omar "Incredible Danger to Every Rump Ranger" Mateen
  • Omar "Butt Blaster Blaster" Mateen
  • Omar "Put out the Lights on the Sodomites" Mateen
  • Omar "Mujahideen with AR-15" Mateen
  • Omar "All faggotry ends with me" Mateen
  • Omar "Turd burglar murderer" Mateen
  • Omar "Out and proud, get gunned down" Mateen
  • Omar "Kills fags dead" Mateen
  • Omar "Shots are on me" Mateen
  • Omar "At the homo bar with a loaded AR" Mateen
  • Omar "Stopping sodomy with my .223"
  • Omar "Hit it through the back door? Meet the .44" Mateen
  • Omar "Dump a mag in every fag" Mateen
  • Omar "Putting fags in body bags" Mateen
  • Omar "Frag the fag" Mateen
  • Omar "If you're haram you're going to get harmed" Mateen
  • Omar "Kill the gays for Allah's praise" Mateen
  • Omar "Butcher of butt-pirates" Mateen
  • Omar "Holy war on the dance floor" Mateen
  • Omar "The day to end all gays" Mateen
  • Omar "LGBTQ BBQ" Mateen
  • Omar "Make the Sodomites feel Allah's might" Mateen
  • Omar "Fan the hammer at sausage crammers" Mateen
  • Omar "Make Fags Great Again" Mateen
  • Omar "Slay Away the Gay" Mateen

Amazingly enough this list was missing my favorite: 7.62 for LGBTQ.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...nish-divinity-original-sin-2-in-under-an-hour

How the hell does someone finish Divinity: Original Sin 2 in under an hour?!

I never thought I'd see Divinity: Original Sin 2 finished in under an hour - heck I spent that long creating a character - but a 37 minute speedrun has been recorded, and not even a month has passed since launch.

The speedrunner, Onin, uses a bunch of exploits to achieve the 37:48 finish time. In this case Onin plays as Fane and uses the Play Dead racial ability to end fights and then waypoint away out of them. Onin can do this because there are no companions in the party - Onin is playing Lone Wolf (both a playstyle and talent for playing that style).

Onin also uses teleportation ability Tactical Retreat in combination with scoundrel skill Cloak and Dagger to keep stealthed while doing so. In this way Onin jumps around levels, cutting corners and accessing content before you otherwise would.

In other words, Onin is not playing the game as intended but then speedrunners do not tend to. All the same, bravo! This is the fastest completion I've seen.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 was released 14th September on PC, and it is brilliant. "A CRPG of unparalleled breadth and dynamism, Original Sin 2 is Larian's masterpiece," wrote Rick Lane in our Divinity: Original Sin 2 review.

Future Mac and console versions depend on the flagship PC version selling well, which it appears to be.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Any time some autist spends 20 hours a day trying to speedrun a game the fastest way possible the (((gaming media))) writes a dozen articles about HOW HE DID IT!!!!?????? It happens all the fucking time. There is no actual games journalism, it's just Buzzfeed for games, all of it.

Vibalist

Arcane
A bugged up the butt game has exploits and bugs to finish it in 40ish minutes? I'm shocked and stunned.

tbh that's no worse than people doing speedruns in Fallout 2. The fact a game can be completed this fast speaks to a certain freedom, which makes it infinitely better from a gameplay perspective than anything Bioware has ever put out.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Any time some autist spends 20 hours a day trying to speedrun a game the fastest way possible the (((gaming media))) writes a dozen articles about HOW HE DID IT!!!!?????? It happens all the fucking time. There is no actual games journalism, it's just Buzzfeed for games, all of it.
WATCH OUR VIDEO ABOUT THE VIDEO TO LEARN HOW!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The more i play the worae the game become :(

Some of the problems i found can be fixed like bugs, balancing and other stuff,

But core mechanics like itemization and armor is sadly never gonna be fixed. They recognize the complaints, as swen always said especially about the loot, but they wont recognize it as a problem and insist it is the best solution to metagaming (which is NOT)

it is still fun and i still enjoy playing it, but as something that promote itself as tactical rpg it didnt just hit it like other games. DOS 1 is a bit better in this aspect. The armor system are pretty much "deplete their armor and then stunlock them with arrange of status effect"

I mean you can turn most bosses into a frickin chicken if not all of them.

I think recent rpg that did tactical turn based combat well are the expeditions game, voidspire/alvora tactics was brilliant too.

Tl;dr

The game need our lord and saviour joshua eric sawyer
:littlemissfun:
I share this opinion. I'm lvl9 and by now it all feels like work. The game is difficult in boring ways instead of ways that challenge you to come up with solutions.

- Combat. The only challenge is to strip the armor, and is based on pumping up numbers, not on countering the enemies' tactics. I've spent days just thinking about how I would pass an encounter in Underrail, where actual thinking was required. Also, the appearance of enemies out of nowhere achieves nothing else than the player memorizing their spawn locations and exploiting his party's positioning.

- Progression. You are constantly railroaded into playing through maps in the way some lame designer thought you should. Reach the right level and go into combat - facing the aforementioned "challenge". Go underleveled and you hit the barrier.

- Writing. The reactivity is indeed fun, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to go along with the stylistical inconsistencies between writers, the out-of-the-blue gay shit, and the attempt to overplay "the world is a dark, cruel and unforgiving place" motive one minute and have jolly exchanges with an NPC the next.

- Story. You figure out the plot by the end of act 2. You are the chosen one, literally, and your mission is to become a god incarnate and stop the evil that threathens the universe. The only new thing, which is also given out way too early, is that in the process, you have to fuck all your buddies. The NPCs you didn't take, strangely have no role to play, even though they are special too. (or am I wrong?)

- Character builds and development? As someone pointed out earlier, abilities above lvl2 don't seem very useful. The Character development system continues to rely on one-two stats you need to be pumping up throughout the game, while ignoring all else. Zero strategy, zero weighing of benefits of one choice over another.

I am not backing up on the impressions I had in the beginning, it was fun up to now, but it has started to feel monotonous in terms of mechanics, so that can't carry the game forward for me, and at the same time the story is too lazy, infantile and predictable to carry it by itself either.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
ukdouble1 slap dallis or the 'slave' in the face until near death, triggers the fight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom