Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Tigranes

Arcane
Dafuq?:

Killed magisters for Hannag. Saved Gwydians family. Saved Gwydian. Can only tell Gwydian "I don't know where your family is." Go to his family, see his goodbye scene. He tells me "I have no idea where Hannag is" and leaves. Wut? Is that very confusing line of events intended behaviour?

I really applaud Larian for making a game where quests can be done out of sequence (as opposed to the linear borefests most other RPG's are), but someone forgot to test these things. You'll routinely break or mangle quests if you don't do them how they're intended to be done. I didn't run into this problem, but my bet is that you skipped some NPC who was supposed to 'set off' some part of the quest, and now the remaining sequences are fucked up.

I know this doesn't solve your problem, but expect this to happen at least three or four times during the rest of the game. My best advice is to check the D:OS 2 wiki and see if you missed some conversation or event. I had this issue where Ifan was supposed to have a quest specific conversation with Hannag, but nothing happened until I talked to some irrelevant dwarf who was hiding in Wrecker's Cave, as she was apparantly the only person who could trigger the conversation (even though the information she had was something you could come across in many other places).

My advice is ignore the many bugged quests, don't try to clear your journal, just move on. It's not like you really really need the XP or whatever.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Many quests are more obscure than bugged. Skello-lady asking for a special book is good example - it uses something which would have been a cute easter egg in any normal (read: better designed) game as a trigger to close the quest.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Game became a mess after arriving to Arx. Huge FPS drops in city center, skills/attacks having delayed effect or sometimes no effect (like you cannot even buff the incarnate...), NPCs moving like they're bugged, textures not loading and e.t.c.
Still having fun till now, some good encounters here and there.

Armor system is shit and easly abused by having a full physical damage party. There are lots of monsters that have elemantal resistances and immunties but only a handful of enemies have physical resistances. 1 point in scoundrel and 2 points in polymorph is all you need for easy magical CC.

Journal is a mess. Inventory is better than first game but still a mess. Crafting is mostly useless and unneeded.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Many quests are more obscure than bugged. Skello-lady asking for a special book is good example - it uses something which would have been a cute easter egg in any normal (read: better designed) game as a trigger to close the quest.

Was literally just about to write this.

Also this is probably just me being stupid, but for anyone else with the same attention deficit: be careful to check for loot when Shriekers die. I didn't before Blackpits and they drop epic items.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ideally someone would mod this game so that the loot tables are every 2-3 levels instead of every level, and it adjusts accordingly. Replacing 4 weapons every single level is a real pain in the dick if you are on tactician, amount of inventory shuffle vs actual gameplay is pretty bad.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
be careful to check for loot when Shriekers die

I loot everything and pretty sure that I only got some essences at best from shriekers. You just got lucky.
Fuck this games loot and gear system btw.

It was 2 Shriekers right after each other, both yielded an epic. But anyway the reason I said it is that I actually didn't notice before that they even dropped loot

Entered Nameless Isle and PC and Comrade Companion is halfway to lv18.

Driftwood definitely had much more content than Fort Joy. But the xp distribution is kind of retarded. Fighting a lv15 voidwoken who sets up a decay plague gives much lesser xp than a shitty riddle with four statues? :retarded:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
There's more content in Driftwood but it's doled out in the same way as the later DoS1-chapters which were so disappointing compared to Cyseal. I've lost hope that there's a Cyseal here - something with real non-linearity (the city obviously, not the surroundings) and impressive scope.

Of my DoS experiences, only Cyseal and a good smattering of well-designed encounters stand out as truly great.

Black

Arcane
Am I imagining things or are many combat skills very much pointless? "Deal x damage, apply x and y and z, blocked by physical/magical armour".
So then if enemy armour is down why not just simply kill them?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Especially if my default attack does more damage than that skill. I've been in the same situation with some skills.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Am I imagining things or are many combat skills very much pointless? "Deal x damage, apply x and y and z, blocked by physical/magical armour".

My favourite wrt this are the bonkers AP costs.

Marksman's wang = piercing damage, can hit multiple dudes in a row, 2 AP.
Ballistic shot = get to high ground, shoop a git at 30m for 150% damage bonus + high ground bonus, 2 AP.
Pin down = do normal domoge + cripple for 1 turn, 3 AP.

:hmmm:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Dunno about you but I have no one who can insta-kill Tactician-HP enemies (a rogue or high level ranger is able to with some, but far from all). For 2AP I can knock them down and deny them their turn. I use all CC-abilities and have even splashed for more on most characters.

imweasel

I wouldn't bother with a ranged character in this game. Dual wielding + backstabbing (scoundrel) does much more damage. Combine that with polymorph, warfare and huntsman (first aid + tactical retreat) and you have an extremely powerful character that just mows everything down. Even better if you have two.

The more I'm reading about this, the more I feel as if this was rushed out the door.
It could have used another few more months in the oven. Especially combat. D:OS 1 felt substantially more polished than D:OS 2 at release.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Disagree on both accounts, ranged are super DPS and keep a nice safe distance and D:OS1 on release was full of SERIOUS bugs, that last statement is false 100%

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Okay, so spoil me a bit. I'm about to leave Fort Joy island. The imprisoned elf quest is bugged for me (Along with flaming pigs, but I guess that hardly matters). Journal is stuck at "Saheila will no doubt be pleased - we ought to return to her." and if I try to talk to her she only responds "You go. You survive the journey. I see it. And thank you.". If I leave the island the quest becomes closed and says I left her to her fate or something like that. So should I wait for a patch and hope it gets fixed? Or is it just a minor quest and just ignore it. I'm not in a hurry to finish this.

imweasel

Disagree on both accounts, ranged are super DPS and keep a nice safe distance
Dual wielding + backstabbing does substantially more DPS, archers are complete pussies in comparison. You can also easily zoom around the map or go invisible with the proper skills, so you don't need to keep a safe distance. Add on warfare skills and you can just keep knocking enemies down so that they consistently miss their turns.

I had both in my team and eventually dumped the archer. Just try it out for yourselves.

and D:OS1 on release was full of SERIOUS bugs, that last statement is false 100%
Not really.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vibalist

Arcane
Okay, so spoil me a bit. I'm about to leave Fort Joy island. The imprisoned elf quest is bugged for me (Along with flaming pigs, but I guess that hardly matters). Journal is stuck at "Saheila will no doubt be pleased - we ought to return to her." and if I try to talk to her she only responds "You go. You survive the journey. I see it. And thank you.". If I leave the island the quest becomes closed and says I left her to her fate or something like that. So should I wait for a patch and hope it gets fixed? Or is it just a minor quest and just ignore it. I'm not in a hurry to finish this.

Don't worry about it. Most quests finish properly even if the journal doesn't say so.

Saheila will show up again later despite the fact you 'failed' to save her.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

You gonna see her later so no probs.

For flaming pigs, if you killed the undead lizard when she appeared and healed all of them on pig will great you before the abondoned seeker camp. Tell her to visit Amadalia (?!?!?) shrine and try to cure her there.

Black

Arcane
The undead lizard thing pops out after you bless any pig and you either smack it or talk it down

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom