Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Murk

Arcane
I feel like I missed out on wrecker's cave cuz I went in solo. No scripted death or teleport, and I just went through and fought like... uhh 3 fights? Mostly just egg clutches. Then the last fight, which was p lol.

eggdogg

Learned
After restarting numerous times. I am having the most success and fun playing a 2hander necro origin character, lone wolf perk, with fane as my sole companion. Using fane as a ranger sniping from on high while my char runs around killing fools.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Dafuq?:

Killed magisters for Hannag. Saved Gwydians family. Saved Gwydian. Can only tell Gwydian "I don't know where your family is." Go to his family, see his goodbye scene. He tells me "I have no idea where Hannag is" and leaves. Wut? Is that very confusing line of events intended behaviour?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Playing a ranger full lone wolf with Red Prince as water/storm mage. Absolutely smashing everything

It's almost a speed run on tactician lol. Things just die.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The ranger? Screw using any magical arrows it will only gimp you. I actually think the default attack does the most damage.
This is exactly right.
Ofc, because they're elemental. Give a lightning arrow to character with 15+ Aeroteurge and it will do as much damage as Chain lightning. Then pump Huntsman maybe and stand on a cliff. Can also use bow with same element, elemental arrows & talent that does more damage depending on a surface enemy standing on.

Although that's all more in a realm of "well what other stupid thing can I do with my characters since I played everything".

In basic party good arrows are Knockdown, Lightning & Frost depending on your characters. You can use Shock spell to Shock people, and then your Ranger can use lightning arrow to change Shock to Stun and Chill to Frozen.

In physical party, use Elemental arrows on blood - it will give you bonus Physical damage, and Knockdown arrows.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A charming arrow won me the Malady combat, where there was one turn left and she was badly injured, but I made sure the Gheist wouldn't harm her.

Calis

Pensionado
Downloading now, hope to find some time to play. Too lazy to go through forum, Codex consensus so far?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
A charming arrow won me the Malady combat, where there was one turn left and she was badly injured, but I made sure the Gheist wouldn't harm her.

Also came down to the wire for me. The best encounter designs are still the height of this game for me, as was the case in the first game.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I think I will stop playing. There's nothing interesting anymore in Driftwood.
Combat became dull repetetive, new skills aren't looking interesting, itemization is putting me off, plot is a bit above average.
At this point it's wasting precious life time to play Divinity: Orginial Sin 2.
Well, I hope someone had fun.

Black

Arcane
I read that for many people the further they got in the game, the slower the loading times. Can anyone confirm? Apparently it's due to the game remembering all the shit you sold to vendors and crap like that.

Quillon

Arcane
Loading times isn't much of an issue since its once per session for most people I guess, saving time's getting longer is tho.

Vibalist

Arcane
Dafuq?:

Killed magisters for Hannag. Saved Gwydians family. Saved Gwydian. Can only tell Gwydian "I don't know where your family is." Go to his family, see his goodbye scene. He tells me "I have no idea where Hannag is" and leaves. Wut? Is that very confusing line of events intended behaviour?

I really applaud Larian for making a game where quests can be done out of sequence (as opposed to the linear borefests most other RPG's are), but someone forgot to test these things. You'll routinely break or mangle quests if you don't do them how they're intended to be done. I didn't run into this problem, but my bet is that you skipped some NPC who was supposed to 'set off' some part of the quest, and now the remaining sequences are fucked up.

I know this doesn't solve your problem, but expect this to happen at least three or four times during the rest of the game. My best advice is to check the D:OS 2 wiki and see if you missed some conversation or event. I had this issue where Ifan was supposed to have a quest specific conversation with Hannag, but nothing happened until I talked to some irrelevant dwarf who was hiding in Wrecker's Cave, as she was apparantly the only person who could trigger the conversation (even though the information she had was something you could come across in many other places).

Vibalist

Arcane
The more I'm reading about this, the more I feel as if this was rushed out the door.

Three years for a same-engine sequel isn't rushed.

And yet everything is broken.

Here are a few other fun issues I've run into:

- Characters forget memorized skills at random times for no reason.
- When I rearrange my hotbar skills become unmemorized. I had to forgo a particular spell because it kept disappearing whenever I wanted to move things around.
- The journal constantly makes references to things you don't know what are when you do quests out of sequence. Go to dungeon X and pick up item Y, and the quest log will update with something like "I finally found item Y for person Z", even though I haven't met this character yet.
- General performance seems to drop the further you get into the game. I'm in act 3 and suddenly the game is stuttering whereas before it ran smoothly. Sometimes it freezes for 5-10 seconds when quicksaving.
- Like I just mentioned, quests are broken and important events will sometimes not trigger. Several important CNPC quests can be impossible to complete.
- The fucking journal has about 10 entries that should be closed because I have already completed the quest, but they just stay there.

I don't know what they did during those three years or the one year of early access, but they seemingly didn't give much of a fuck about bug fixing or optimization.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I read that for many people the further they got in the game, the slower the loading times. Can anyone confirm? Apparently it's due to the game remembering all the shit you sold to vendors and crap like that.
I haven't encountered such a problem.Loading is rear as whole in the game.Still didn't see any significant increase in times.If there is some it will be around a few seconds.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Dafuq?:

I really applaud Larian for making a game where quests can be done out of sequence (as opposed to the linear borefests most other RPG's are), but someone forgot to test these things. You'll routinely break or mangle quests if you don't do them how they're intended to be done. I didn't run into this problem, but my bet is that you skipped some NPC who was supposed to 'set off' some part of the quest, and now the remaining sequences are fucked up.

I know this doesn't solve your problem, but expect this to happen at least three or four times during the rest of the game. My best advice is to check the D:OS 2 wiki and see if you missed some conversation or event. I had this issue where Ifan was supposed to have a quest specific conversation with Hannag, but nothing happened until I talked to some irrelevant dwarf who was hiding in Wrecker's Cave, as she was apparantly the only person who could trigger the conversation (even though the information she had was something you could come across in many other places).

I did it pretty much by the numbers. Get quest -> meet next step (family) -> talk to apprentice -> return to family. Haven't spoken to quest giver yet, maybe it'll sort itself out

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And yet everything is broken.

Here are a few other fun issues I've run into:

- Characters forget memorized skills at random times for no reason.
- When I rearrange my hotbar skills become unmemorized. I had to forgo a particular spell because it kept disappearing whenever I wanted to move things around.
- The journal constantly makes references to things you don't know what are when you do quests out of sequence. Go to dungeon X and pick up item Y, and the quest log will update with something like "I finally found item Y for person Z", even though I haven't met this character yet.
- General performance seems to drop the further you get into the game. I'm in act 3 and suddenly the game is stuttering whereas before it ran smoothly. Sometimes it freezes for 5-10 seconds when quicksaving.
- Like I just mentioned, quests are broken and important events will sometimes not trigger. Several important CNPC quests can be impossible to complete.
- The fucking journal has about 10 entries that should be closed because I have already completed the quest, but they just stay there.

I don't know what they did during those three years or the one year of early access, but they seemingly didn't give much of a fuck about bug fixing or optimization.

They tried to do too much, it always happens.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That's why you wait a few months/a year for them to fix everything. Most RPGs (if not games in general) release in early beta phases nowadays. You also need to wait for mods to fix everything else that needs fixing.

Malpercio

Arcane
That's why you wait a few months/a year for them to fix everything. Most RPGs (if not games in general) release in early beta phases nowadays. You also need to wait for mods to fix everything else that needs fixing.

Nowadays? Bugs in RPG are pretty much a stable. It's like everyone forgot about IE games' fixpacks. I don't think DOS2 is much worse than many similar games.

Black

Arcane
Finally finished the game in coop with RK47.

Heavy spoilers below;

One-shot him with the Rain of Arrows, and I became THE DIVINE. he got really butthurt that he didn't get to watch the ending :P

372109E798BA0CE16355941FA9672BD10C9B7CC4

72EBC2E452CE5939DED4D262025245D26C66F4E5

People who say that initiative doesn't matter, it literally makes you Divine :smug:

91828D94F87ABA79E3F6E42EDD0CF10FEB5DB1DC
So did RK slaughter everything that no longer served any purpose?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom