Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Quillon

Arcane
Dig deeper. I meant lots of things. There is even a book encrypted in that word. Its a romance fiction with time travel and monkeys and stuff.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not a whole book, but a statement maybe:

I am reluctant to say "it's just my opinion" because I want to sound authoritative, but I don't really know what I mean by this, so I'll say something has a "vibe" - "a general vibe or something".

Quillon

Arcane
Why is this an issue ffs? She looks or doesn't look like her...who cares? or who cares this much? :P

I am reluctant to say "it's just my opinion" because I want to sound authoritative, but I don't really know what I mean by this, so I'll say something has a "vibe" - "a general vibe or something".

Nope, its just "yeah its my opinion but I can't bother explaining" so "general vibe or something." But since you're insistent: I can't even picture LLaney's face, I just remember her hair and remember her general behavior was kinda idiosyncratic(not in a bad way tho dissect this one too) on the final day stream of DF campaign and the sidekick with the same hair is another idiosyncratic character(prolly much more extreme). I guess I somehow made the connection in my head between then and now and when Roguey mentioned it, I agreed.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Prime Junta is more face blind than I am.

0afd88d.jpg
DK2ikrXU8AAyYjx.jpg:small

I actually did pull them up side by side when I first saw it to make sure I wasn't misremembering things.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All girls with glasses look the same? I think you just enjoy creeping on Lindsey.

Anyway in the most recent livestreams she's lost the glasses :M

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I still think they look alike too, but whatever. As multi-page arguments go, this one might be even dumber than usual. :)

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I still think they look alike too, but whatever. As multi-page arguments go, this one might be even dumber than usual. :)
Well said. I was just thinking of another though:

What do we know about random encounters/respawns? And what do we think on the matter, good or bad?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
We know there are going to be random encounters while traveling around on the overmap. Whether those will be a pool of unique encounters you stumble across randomly or ambushes alla BG I don't think we know. Respawns make no sense in a game which not only doesn't give xp for combat, but also doesn't have resource management. So, bad. It will also make the almost useless and entirely filler trash fights even worse.

AwesomeButton

Patron
We know there are going to be random encounters while traveling around on the overmap. Whether those will be a pool of unique encounters you stumble across randomly or ambushes alla BG I don't think we know. Respawns make no sense in a game which not only doesn't give xp for combat, but also doesn't have resource management. So, bad. It will also make the almost useless and entirely filler trash fights even worse.
Recurring random encounters sound nice to me, as long as there are slight variations in terrain - obstacles are arranged differently on the same map, or positioning is changed. Respawning encounters on the same map are annoying, but PoE showed me that they still serve to make returning to a "cleared" map less of a snooze. One good excuse for respawning encounters could be if they provide crafting ingredients. In any case they should definetly be avoidable, and preferably also scripted to only appear during a certain part of a day/night cycle.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm kinda intrigued by Ydwin now, I look forward to having her in the party and see what her academic knowledge will reveal. I hope she isn't one of those "hidden heart of gold" characters.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Prime Junta is more face blind than I am.

0afd88d.jpg
DK2ikrXU8AAyYjx.jpg:small

I actually did pull them up side by side when I first saw it to make sure I wasn't misremembering things.
These are practically the same people, except that one is smiling and one is scowling.

I don't see it. There are superficial similarities to be sure, but the chin on the drawing is narrower and the jaw more sharply angled. The nose is less fleshy at the end, and the eyebrows are certainly more defined and prominent in the drawing as well. To say nothing of the cheeks being slimmer in teh drawing. If anything, the artist might have been doing an idealized version of herself if that's the case. Also fuller lower lip in the drawing. But really, the resemblance is not that obvious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom