Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Let's Play Fallout 1

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The first time I tried to play Fallout was in 2003. I got bored punching rats and never made it out of the first vault cave. I didn't like the game then and I probably won't like it now, so expect me to call everything it does stupid, shit. It was free on Steam so...WTF, let's do this.

I'm going to start with one of the default characters, Max Stone. (I might change his name, that's about it.)

03.PNG

Seems like a pretty well rounded guy, but we'll see. I'm not interested in min/maxing a character, so we're rolling with Max.

I'm running with the default options except for blood on normal (slow machine) and targeting on (i'm old and half blind)

Tomorrow I start where I left off in 2003...punching rats in the Vault 13 caves...and possibly beyond.

Zep--

RapineDel

Augur
Don't understand how someone could get bored with this game. It's a short (perfect length for what it is however), tight experience by RPG standards and plenty of the fighting is optional which should be to your liking given you get bored fighting rats. Perhaps you shouldn't play a high strength build if fighting in the initial cave turned you off.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I did end up tweaking the stats a bit...
anyway...

Out of the vault...found some bones and a broken computer...
Some bullets and a knife are the prize.

scr00001.PNG

Punching some rats...*yawn* boredom setting in again!

scr00004.PNG

I suffered through punching all the rats, and GLORY BE! I found an exit?

scr00005.PNG

What is this? The old man said some about water chips and Vault 15...So I guess that's where I'm headed...
BUT WAIT...What's this...Unknown could mean death...but I go anyway.
scr00007.PNG

Tomorrow..into the Unknown!

TRIGGERING WORDS!
Shit game observations...
1. No auto center always on character? That's pretty shitty having to hit HOME key all the damn time.
2. Option in Prefs for RUN ALWAYS...Neglects to tell you it negates Sneak.

So far, it's as shitty as I remember from 2003.

Zep--

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Don't tell me you killed ALL the rats? Why would your character do that? Fucking RP him.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
The unknown location turned out not to be death after all...

Into Shady Sands town. The chick on the left made me disarm before she would talk to me. I thought oh, it is Death Town watch them starting shooting at me. Turns out she was very nice.

scr00008.PNG

Picked up a helper, he had a cool jacket. I could not figure out how to take his jacket, so I stole all his bottle caps instead.

scr00009.PNG

I guess my helper and I are going to go punch and/or shoot scorpions. Some doctor man said he could use some venom to make a cure. We'll see what we can do Doc.

scr00010.PNG

In the cave, pretty uneventful expect for the scorpion killin'. I think I killed abut 9 or 10, they dropped their tails. The tails were heavy, I had to have my servant carry 3. After the murderizin' , I got a Level Up message. So I picked some bullshit and hope I didn't fuck up.

scr00013.PNG

With all the scorpions dead, my butler and I decide to head to Vault 15 instead of going back to Shady Sands right away.

scr00017.PNG

To be continued...more vault rat punching in expected.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
My cabin boy and I explore Vault 15. More rat punching, of course. Found some supplies in a locker.

scr00018.PNG

Lucky we have a rope, we descend to the next level. But first we select a perk. I picked Night Vision.

scr00019.PNG

Downward...
Surprise! More rat punching...

scr00024.PNG

On level 2 I find some Armor and some more rope...Punch some more rats, and then downward to Level 3.

scr00025.PNG

Level 3..Get a message that the Water Chip ain't here. Ah well, let's punch all the rats...we find some bullets hdden behind a wall.

scr00026.PNG

And that's it for Vault 15...at least we found a cool coat. With Vault 15 cleared of the rat scourge, we head back to Shady Sands and report our success about the scorpion cave to someone I guess....TO BE CONTINUED.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
We skip Shady Sands for now and head to Vault 13 to tell them there is no water chip in 15.

We run around Vault 13, manage to get a shotgun, shells and some other supplies. Used some computers and got some skills or something.
Nothing much else exciting, so we head to Shady Sands and report about the scorpions.

scr00031.PNG

Oh dear! Tandi has been kidnapped by raiders. I get my XP for punching scorpions, turn in some tails for potions. Get some loot from Seth and Azerlath...and then we'll head to the raider camp to rescue Tandi.

scr00032.PNG

Me and the cabin boy head to the raider camp...first we take stock of our weapons...Some Knives, 2 pistols, An SMG, A Hunting Rifle and a Shotgun. Looks like some tools for good murderizing of some raiders...We get to the camp, Tandi is locked up in a cell and I have no lockpicks to get her out. I go and confront the leader.

scr00035.PNG

I somehow manage to free Tandi non violently and return her to Shady Sands. No murderizing, sadly. Not even a rat to punch here...

After returning Tandi, I have no active quests (well, except for the water chip) I check the map...I can go to The Hub or Junk Town. I choose going to Junk Town.

TRIGGERING WORDS!
1. The inventory system is Grimoire levels of shit...seriously.
2. My manservant is constantly blocking my way in tight spaces.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
JUNKTOWN!

We arrive at Junktown. The guard pulls the "put your weapons away" crap on me...Otay.

scr00041.PNG

In Junktown, I develop a new strategy, Steal from everyone. So I run around the first bit of town doing just that. Stole some more shotguns rifles, ammo and other assorted crap.

After a bit, I head to the hospital, down in the basement some little troll is cutting up body parts. For now I decide to let him live. I find some "iguana on a stick"...yeah right!

scr00043.PNG

After that I head to the General Store, again stealing everything and from everyone. Then I talk to the owner, who is also the mayor of Junktown. He wants me to get some info n his nemesis, Gizmo. I agree and he gives me a tape recorder and a mic bug.

scr00048.PNG

I find a hotel and decide to crash for the night.

scr00050.PNG

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
JUNKTOWN!

I awake from my rest to find some idiot has taken the whore Princess hostage. Can I help? Of Course I can! Me and my water boy prepare for a fight.

scr00053.PNG

Again with the non violence...We convince the john to let her go for 100 caps.

scr00056.PNG

Along the way I pick up a scruffy dog and another manservant. He taught me some skills, so I let him join. I gave the dog some real iguana on a stick, it seems to like it and follows me around.

So now we are a 4 man killin crew, we decided to head to Gizmos. I make a recording of him plotting to kill the mayor. I report to the mayor my findings and he says it's time to kill that asshole....so, we proceed. Finally some murderizin'!

We murder Gizmo and his guard...one hit with the shotgun killed Gizmo. The dog killed his guard. Very uneventful.

scr00061.PNG

Then we level up.

scr00062.PNG

Somethings I forgot to screenshot, We joined the Skullz Gang...I had to steal a cup of ashes from the bartender. After Joining, I then report them to the local authorities. Then we murdered them.

Tune In For The Next Episode: THE HUB.

Zep--

Tigranes

Arcane
Gizmo's never been very tough, but I guess having a whole traveling circus with you makes it really a pushover.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Pretty good show, always more fun with gimp builds, but you really should play Ironman.

Vladimuar

Savant
Fantastic game. 10 int, 101 science, I have taught Curtis how to organize a kolkhoz in Shady Sands.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Turns out The Hub is a pretty big place. So my plan is to scout it all out, get the lay of the land, steal everything that's not nailed down, sell a bunch of shit, the go back to the start of the area and go quest hunting.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom