Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
One of the most :retarded: things about this game is that using a melee weapon to try to break down a door or item or just about anything will decrease it's durability and break it pretty fast, but using an archer or mage and their wand or bow will not damage their weapons at all. Fucking why?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
One of the most :retarded: things about this game is that using a melee weapon to try to break down a door or item or just about anything will decrease it's durability and break it pretty fast, but using an archer or mage and their wand or bow will not damage their weapons at all. Fucking why?

Magic

Shadenuat

Arcane
I only want a way to name different backpacks. I have 4 of them in my inventory, 1 for books, 1 for keys, 1 for consumables and 1 for throwables. But every time I have to check which is which because they all only say "Backpack". LET ME NAME EM
There are different looking containers like wallets, some secrets and npcs give you.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I really wish you could kill that bitch who took 250 gold from you and smoked it at a drudanae den without having everyone fight for her. Oh well, I guess there's no one left alive there anymore anyway.

Murk

Arcane

Because you don't hit the door or object with the actual bow or wand?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

It makes sense that way, but bowstrings wear out too. It's just shit from a game design perspective.

Tigranes

Arcane
It's been that way for every RPG with bashing and durability that I can think of. Must be the Adra arches

I really wish you could kill that bitch who took 250 gold from you and smoked it at a drudanae den without having everyone fight for her. Oh well, I guess there's no one left alive there anymore anyway.

You gave 250 gold (which is like 1/3rd the price of a really good skillbook) to random hobo without even getting a blowjob in return? :retarded:

OT but:
You wouldn't even survive a month in India with your finances intact as it is Filled with improvised looking beggars (who actually work for the local mafia. Them beggars rarely get any of the alms you give. It all goes to the mafia bosses. The beggars are purposely starved and mutilated to generate pity in you to steal your jewgold.)

V_K

Arcane

If we are talking about realism, how do you even break a door with arrows? Not to mention having an infinite reserve of them (unless it's special arrows).

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I see we did a full circle already, we blamed the game for too much "balancing" which led to the initiative system etc, and now we are discussing that bashing doors with bows in imbalanced?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

You gave 250 gold (which is like 1/3rd the price of a really good skillbook) to random hobo without even getting a blowjob in return? :retarded:

OT but:
You wouldn't even survive a month in India with your finances intact as it is Filled with improvised looking beggars (who actually work for the local mafia. Them beggars rarely get any of the alms you give. It all goes to the mafia bosses. The beggars are purposely starved and mutilated to generate pity in you to steal your jewgold.)

I got money-cucked. I had about 10k gold with nothing to spend it on so I thought why not, maybe it would have lead to something in the future. Oh well, now she, that drudanae den and the people growing that drudanae are all dead.

If we are talking about realism, how do you even break a door with arrows? Not to mention having an infinite reserve of them (unless it's special arrows).

That's my point. Realism is shit in a turn based RPG. Durability should be completely removed and shouldn't even be a thing because breaking down a door with magic and arrows costs nothing, but breaking down a door with a melee weapon costs you durability, and repairing a melee weapon costs you one hammer, and that costs you about 100 gold. There's no reason for this. This is just a god awful oversight.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some do have different descriptions, and they are always in the same order. I just keep one for skill books and another for letters/documents that may be relevant later. Should start doing one for keys too, you can still them use them out of it right?
I believe you can use the keys yes. Although USUALLY the keys are used in the surrounding area where you find them so I put them in the backpack after that

V_K

Arcane
I see we did a full circle already, we blamed the game for too much "balancing" which led to the initiative system etc, and now we are discussing that bashing doors with bows in imbalanced?
The problem with Larian games is not balance but coherence. They just pile the ideas they consider cool together and hope it to stick. There's no point in doing anything about balance as long as the game systems are the mess they are.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Durability should be completely removed and shouldn't even be a thing because breaking down a door with magic and arrows costs nothing, but breaking down a door with a melee weapon costs you durability, and repairing a melee weapon costs you one hammer, and that costs you about 100 gold. There's no reason for this. This is just a god awful oversight.

It's working as designed. Don't use melee weapons to bash things.

(or if you must, use some trash weapon you've kept just for that purpose)

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
What the fuck?

KbMSXJ9.jpg

Where you got this cool Dorf amour from Comrade?

Murk

Arcane
Durability should be completely removed and shouldn't even be a thing because breaking down a door with magic and arrows costs nothing, but breaking down a door with a melee weapon costs you durability, and repairing a melee weapon costs you one hammer, and that costs you about 100 gold. There's no reason for this. This is just a god awful oversight.

It's working as designed. Don't use melee weapons to bash things.

(or if you must, use some trash weapon you've kept just for that purpose)

Or just double click the damn repair hammer. It's such a minuscule point, who cares?

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Finally finished the game in coop with RK47.

Heavy spoilers below;

One-shot him with the Rain of Arrows, and I became THE DIVINE. he got really butthurt that he didn't get to watch the ending :P

372109E798BA0CE16355941FA9672BD10C9B7CC4

72EBC2E452CE5939DED4D262025245D26C66F4E5

People who say that initiative doesn't matter, it literally makes you Divine :smug:

91828D94F87ABA79E3F6E42EDD0CF10FEB5DB1DC

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I actually like the fact that you can only take 4 origin character past a certain point in the game. It has real consequences and makes you feel like a bad person when you run into parts of the story that are for that origin character and they are dead. It isn't like DA:O where you can make everyone have a happy ending some people are going to get screwed.

I'm rather surprised that Larian had the guts to actually pull that off; given how many complaints I'm seeing about it on Reddit, I wonder how long it will last.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I started another playthrough of the first game after finishing this one.

Combat is definitely less of a clusterfuck. Mostly due to no CC protection from armor. You can reliable disable a lot of enemies in turn number one (the initiative system plays a large part here too). The absence of cursed surfaces also makes it less chaotic. I don't remember if the number inflation gets as bad in the first game. There's already a noticeable difference in power between equipment even at lower levels, so that probably remains the same.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't remember if the number inflation gets as bad in the first game.

It doesn't, the first option for the de-bloat mod is D:OS numbers.

Moderate Scaling: D:OS EE-like numbers, hopefully achieving vitality in the 1000s by end game (12 +16% vitality per level)

Reduced Number Bloat: Massively reduces numbers, down to about 500 base vitality at level 20 (10 + 10% vitality per level)

DND-like Scaling: Even more massive reduction numbers, granting 4 + 4% vitality per level, leading to around 200 vitality by level 20 (I think).

No Scaling: Vitality increases by virtually nothing on level up. It also virtually eliminates the penalty for equipping high level weapons. It definitely makes for a very different experience, where level difference is mostly a non-factor, which is pretty interesting.

OK,
In Driftwood
I got the second source point after eating the voidwoken heart from the undead dwarf traitor. Of course killed him.
Then i noticed that the companion I hired has three source points already unlocked.

So the Belgians are looking more and more :retarded: as I play DOS2 further.

Also, those saying that plat artillery is the best,
1) doesn't work against undead (good to heal you if you undedad)
2) lack the versatility that Incarnate champ can get way more skills and versatility and damage types via infusions/surfaces
3) Costs source point. At this point I have to run back and forth to regen source. As used up all the purge charges in the wands and tyrant's helm.

At some point 3 will be mitigated I hops as, the Godwoken and all should be able to steal source right?

But have to say, other than incarnate/incarnate champion, artillery plant is the only summon that gets both magic and physical armor.

the cat, dragonling and condor get no armor.
Filthy arab's wolf and bone widow get only physical armor
Not sure about the oily blob or bloated corpses.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom