Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
driftwood beach fight against a bunch of voidlings to find a guy's lost ring

big voidwoken teleports like 30m away across the water up some random tower to engage a random magister who wasnt even in the fight

magister promptly goes down the ladder, leaving the voidwoken stuck in there

voidwoken then spends the next 15 turns on the tower, not being able to get down, skipping every turn and shouting out "Hmm!"

philosophical AI has now overtaken now entire playthrough, and each time something retarded happens, both of us type "Hmm!"

also when the voidwoken teleported away, the small voidlings started shitting up electroclouds everywhere

questgiver guy who was just chillin' a bit away from the fight all the time, suddenly decides to move into one of the clouds

and so he turns hostile against ME

i dont even know whats going on in this game anymore

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
driftwood beach fight against a bunch of voidlings to find a guy's lost ring

big voidwoken teleports like 30m away across the water up some random tower to engage a random magister who wasnt even in the fight

voidwoken then spends the next 15 turns on the tower, not being able to get down, skipping every turn and shouting out "Hmm!"

philosophical AI has now overtaken now entire playthrough, and each time something retarded happens, both of us type "Hmm!"

also when the voidwoken teleported away, the small voidlings started shitting up electroclouds everywhere

questgiver guy who was just chillin' a bit away from the fight all the time, suddenly decides to move into one of the clouds

and so he turns hostile against ME

i dont even know whats going on in this game anymore
Yeah, the NPC:s are really fucking sensitive when it comes to various combat effects. There was an NPC that was fighting on my side in one battle, and was for all intents and purposes an ally, but after I charged through her (which never causes a problem with party members) she said "Hey, watch it!" or "Hey, be careful with that!", and then promptly next turn started to attack me.

Apparently the game does a really poor job of defining the source of certain effects, or telling allies from neutral NPC:s, and it in no way conveys what is what to the player, so you just have to assume that everyone that isn't in your party is essentially Neutral, which is fucking horseshit.

Sjukob

Arcane
Has anyone figured out how to build a melee mage with a staff effectively ? I don't even know if it's a good idea at all .

I can relate to this , had a fight with skeletons in gargoyle maze , one of them drops some oil on prince , the puddle is so big it pours through the grate , another skeleton proceeds to phoenix dive behind it to set the oil on fire . Oops he's melee and doesn't have any other mobility skill , tactician difficulty , advanced AI .
Eo_CApp_2017_09_30_13_41_50_25.png

Black

Arcane
Remember the guy who gives you the teleportation gloves in fort joy area? If you clear the whole map, the fort itself, beaches and swamps, of all dangers, enemies and traps, the guy runs to a certain spot on the swamp and just drops dead.
Probably a fucked trigger. I didn't get the teleportation gloves from anyone - I found them on the beach, after some poor sod (likely the guy you refer to) had gotten eaten by the alligators. Since I had killed Griff and his crew, that's likely the trigger. Also, fuck you for not spoiler-tagging that shit, since I had no idea those gloves weren't always at the beach. Would've made for a nice surprise for my next playthrough, where I had planned to go straight to the beach and pick them up. Fag.

I think you're giving the game too much credit. The gloves are /always/ found as a drop after defeating the Alligators, and the guy he's talking about is Gawin, an Aeromancer who already has the Teleportation spell, but needs your help to get out of the Joy.

It's also not a bugged trigger. I tried keep Gawin alive myself, and he's technically supposed to die against either the Magisters on the docks or the Voidwoken Deep-Dweller in the Swamp, but if you kill them all he'll just drop dead where the swamp ambush is supposed to happen. They literally didn't think about the fact that some people would have tried to keep him alive, which is a big misstep.
Just like they didn't think in DOS 1 that people would've tried to heal both of those dying guys in Cyseal by getting an extra blood stone first.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I actually like the fact that you can only take 4 origin character past a certain point in the game. It has real consequences and makes you feel like a bad person when you run into parts of the story that are for that origin character and they are dead. It isn't like DA:O where you can make everyone have a happy ending some people are going to get screwed.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Raised the Mommy bear and three wounded in Seekers camp the game did not even acknowledged that; Shit Reactivity compared to AoD Comrades. :decline: Poor Bear Cub and Doggy on beach now I partly sorry for taking animal talking feat... although all those rats and what not are indeed Hilarius.

I actually like the fact that you can only take 4 origin character past a certain point in the game. It has real consequences and makes you feel like a bad person when you run into parts of the story that are for that origin character and they are dead. It isn't like DA:O where you can make everyone have a happy ending some people are going to get screwed.

No really since half of companions are whiny cucks/brats/really forgetable Comrade.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

you seem p. easily impressed

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Since I hate all of them except maybe Lohse, this is just pure bonus for me. Good riddance.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So...

Was I supposed to fight the Giant Wasp-thing in the ruins outside Wrecker's Cave? It just flew away and I never saw it again...

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Don't you guys like The Red Prince or Cold Steel the Edge Elf or Fane even??

I'll admit Sebille's introduction was very stupid and should have had options for the character to use a stat check to evade her grapple and even punch her out or something it was a very hamfisted and stupid way to introduce her needle weapon, but I gave her a chance and she becomes a real nice person and has some legitimate character development (sort of).

Lohse is cool even if she is "XD randum" but her story is self contained so it is less impacting on the world if she dies (I kept her alive anyway).

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The thing with the companions is that I had to beg for them to follow me at the last part on the Nameless Island,while they kept calling me names and berrating me like I was some kind of a peasant.I don't like the way they did the companions in this game at all,they always have this uppity attitude when you speak with them,but your dialogue lines are pathetically wimpy and you always have this ''nice guy'' attitude.

I don't give a shit what people think about the mainstreamed Dragon Age Origins,but at least I could kill all of them when they got smarmy with me and the evil dialogue lines were fucking precious.I like the way I got to cut Zevrans gay throat and make fun of his death,that's fucking dandy in my honest opinion.I remeber calling that little bitch Alistair all of kind of names and it was fucking hillarious,I remember killing Morrigans uppity ass the second she started to annoy me,I remember killing everyone and it was so fulfilling.

So in the end I did what every sane person should do,I went on the ship,made me a custom party that knew how to shut the fuck up and killed every companion and that made me so:happytrollboy:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Nerevar what exactly needs a citation?

By the way, considering how Baylus is such a liberal feminist, it's terribly amusing to me that she ended up writing a relationship where physical abuse is justified: when Lohse's mental illness "demon" makes her attack people, the proper thing to do is beat the hell out of her until she submits. True romance.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
The thing with the companions is that I had to beg for them to follow me at the last part on the Nameless Island,while they kept calling me names and berating me like I was some kind of a peasant.

You must not have done their companion quests. If you do them they are all "You're such a great friend you can be the new lord of murder!" The companions (at least the ones I took) were very grateful for me doing their silly quests and I did not even need to convince them.

Tigranes

Arcane
Half the fucking quests are broken in terms of the journal resolution but oh well, level 16 and looks like I'm cleaning up Driftwood. I guess this is where the retarded main plot comes to the fore and the game takes a nosedive?

I would want to try running two mages or something after going rogue/ranger, though, just to see how the experience changes.

Sjukob

Arcane
After that stuff, the focus is just on damage. Obviously, Pyro and Two-Handed are maxed out. In terms of skills you go for Sparkling Swings and Firebrand ASAP - if you snuck in those points of Scoundrel, Sabotage (and later on, Mass Sabotage) is pretty good utility.
What about overpower and whirlwind ? Are they good with such build ? Also what do you do with fire reists/immunes ? It's pretty common to see such enemie

Don't you guys like The Red Prince or Cold Steel the Edge Elf or Fane even
Red Prince is cool till the end of act 1 after that his story is just stupid . Sebille is another Mary Sue and I already have hard time tolerating Malady . Can't say anything about Fane .

I don't give a shit what people think about the mainstreamed Dragon Age Origins,but at least I could kill all of them when they got smarmy with me and the evil dialogue lines were fucking precious.I like the way I got to cut Zevrans gay throat and make fun of his death,that's fucking dandy in my honest opinion.I remeber calling that little bitch Alistair all of kind of names and it was fucking hillarious,I remember killing Morrigans uppity ass the second she started to annoy me,I remember killing everyone and it was so fulfilling
Also this . My appreciation for the game would've been much greater , if I could for example melt Fane in a holy water and there was a scneario attached to it .

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Been busy at work so this has probably been discussed to death, but the level-gating is even worse than in the original. Why even have open maps if you're going to level-gate it in this manner?

Fairfax

Arcane

Since I hate all of them except maybe Lohse, this is just pure bonus for me. Good riddance.
I thought Lohse's whole trapped-demon was pretty annoying (at least in act 1). Not sure you'll like that one either.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Been busy at work so this has probably been discussed to death, but the level-gating is even worse than in the original. Why even have open maps if you're going to level-gate it in this manner?
I asked the same some time ago. Someone asked me what I mean by levelgating :D

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The thing with the companions is that I had to beg for them to follow me at the last part on the Nameless Island,while they kept calling me names and berating me like I was some kind of a peasant.

You must not have done their companion quests. If you do them they are all "You're such a great friend you can be the new lord of murder!" The companions (at least the ones I took) were very grateful for me doing their silly quests and I did not even need to convince them.

Red Prince and Lohse are cool companions since the first is essence of :obviously: and personally think crazy broads are :bounce:. But being Elfphobe I always took Arab guy instead; he turned to be true we kill people, drink and f... together comrade in arms type of Bro. :incline: And Yes you got their personal quests but also can lie into their gullible little faces for +points which my PC always does anyway; heck I do it everyday in RL telling my Boss he is so smart; my wifu she looks good and children they are both... beats being fired, served over salted soup or buying the brats expensive toys Comrade. :smug:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Oh I see it is based on a combination of doing their quests and having enough influence points. I never even considered that those points would do anything.

Ventidius

Arbiter

To be fair, you can punch a few levels above your weight if you are properly itemized and skilled up. Heck, I cleaned the northwest of Reaper's Coast and then the northeast before moving on to the Blackpits, and went from always fighting underleveled to always fighting overleveled.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
With the harsher version of the non-bloat mod, level is allegedly completely insignificant. :M

Edit: Decided to look up some of the latest mods, laughed at how most of them make the game easier but here are a couple worthy of attention.

https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/22/? - this one changes it so that taunt ignores armor if that's the kind of thing that really gets your goat
https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/67/? - this one reduces various enemies' loremaster so that they don't always automatically know which abilities to use against you

Basic human fighters : had before 1 Loremaster -> now have 0 Loremaster
Clercs and Mages : 2 -> 1
Powerfull Mages : 3 -> 2
Rangers : 2 -> 0
Goblin warriors : 5 -> 0
Goblin Mages : 5 -> 1
Goblin Rangers : 5 -> 0
Undead Mages : 5 -> 2
Paladin Captain : 5 -> 1

Makes it easier, sure, but your ~verisimilitude~. Since this guy can do it, I imagine you can change these values yourselves to whatever you think is more suitable.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Restarted non-co-op so playing with mouse, so I'm wondering is there a camera auto-follow somewhere? This is really annoying having to press HOME each time you switch characters. Please say there is and I'm just not seeing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom