Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The fact that you could alpha-strike something was a balance issue

IT's only a problem when you can just run from the combat. IF it couldn't happen then it wouldn't be an issue.
Probably true, yeah. I'd rather see the escape mechanic bite it, really. It's fucking shit and serves no legitimate purpose that a reload wouldn't. I guess it's a bit different if you play hardcore, but that's like 0,5% of the player base and those that do should be well aware that they might get well and properly fucked if they screw up. Having hardcore-but-still-with-a-panic-button is a fucking cop-out anyway.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BTW if there's anybody here who knows French and can confirm that the Google Translation of that interview is accurate, that'd be appreciated.

Vibalist

Arcane
I don't understand why people are so upset over the romances. They can be safely ignored and I'm pretty sure you lose nothing by doing so.

So far, I've only encountered two romancy dialogue options. One with Ifan and one with The Red Prince. I just picked another dialogue option and then business continued as usual.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Also what are the recipes for uograding runes?
I have like half a dozen small masterwork runes (9% dmg bonus) (courtsey lucky charm), while only a single masterwotk rune (11% damage bonus) any way to upgrade them like with potions?

Runes are the BIG BUCKS of metagaming in this game. You upgrade them just like potions + one pouch of pixie dust. Check the tips thread, I explained it better there.

Last edited:

Israfael

Arcane
Its common... enemies dissapearing/reappearing always bring this issue. I had 17 troll take 3 turns in a row.
It should be simple typo or something like that, it's hard to explain otherwise. Double i++ instead of single i++ or something like that. Also, if the summons despawned immediately when the next turn starts, not when it's their time to act, it'd probably alleviate this issue

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I have like half a dozen small masterwork runes (9% dmg bonus) (courtsey lucky charm), while only a single masterwotk rune (11% damage bonus) any way to upgrade them like with potions?

Runes are the BIG BUCKS of metagaming in this game. You upgrade them just like potions + one pouch of pixie dust. Check the tips thread, I explained it better there.

How do you make superior pixie dust beside using superior stardust herb? Any way to use augmentors to augment pixie dust/herb? Had no luck.

DeepOcean

Arcane
It's a fucking mystery, isn't it? I mean, there must be hundreds of people more qualified and willing to actually write shit, but are they (better writers with more integrity) just refusing the degenerate stuff or something? Are they (the industry) hiring deliberately based on shitty fanfics and quantitative gayness? It's fucking mind-boggling.
Man, the average gamer doesn't know the difference between a fanfic and a good book, most are completely and exclusively immersed on pop culture garbage to know better. On the past, I believed gaming story lines sucked because most players didn't give a fuck about story but it is worse, most players don't know the difference of bad storytelling to good storytelling and when you ask them why they liked or disliked something, they aren't even capable to form phrases that have arguments and logic on them, they are literally pop culture zombies after food and any food will do.

I suspect that game developers come from the same backgrounds, cucks, political correct, inoffensive, avoiding quality judgements and gorging themselves on low quality pop culture themselves we have a situation where the job interviewer is as retarded as the interviewed at least on quality writer hiring. Things are made worse because incompetent programmers and artists can bring a project down while bad writing doesn't have the same effects (The public or doesn't care or are too dumb to notice) so developers are allowed to exercise retardation with zero punishment.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

How do you make superior pixie dust beside using superior stardust herb? Any way to use augmentors to augment pixie dust/herb? Had no luck.

I too looked that up online and found nothing. It seems to be a hard level lock, for better :decline:

Sjukob

Arcane
Started the new playthrough on tactician with duo lone wolf , summoner + scoundrel/warfare . And oh how right people were about this perk being overpowered , the game feels stupid easy now , enemies can't even break my armor before dying and the damage output of such "party" is very high . Encounters I found difficult before are a breeze now , but I'm still on the first island , will see how things turn out later.
I actually like it more than the classic 4 men variant , because of having to manage less equipment and getting 6 ap per turn , I always felt like 4 ap was too low and you could barely do anything with such limited resources in combat , now it actually feels like I'm doing stuff .

Murk

Arcane
2 lone wolves = the way it was meant to be played in my mind, it's also how I played DS1.

The incarnate is incredibly strong, and since you can get it to max level at level 4, it basically means chapter one is e-z mode.

I do find that physical stuff works better than magical -- in part because of elemental resistances, and in part because physical CC abilities like knockdown or chicken are more reliable than stun or freeze.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Started the new playthrough on tactician with duo lone wolf , summoner + scoundrel/warfare . And oh how right people were about this perk being overpowered , the game feels stupid easy now , enemies can't even break my armor before dying and the damage output of such "party" is very high . Encounters I found difficult before are a breeze now , but I'm still on the first island , will see how things turn out later.
I actually like it more than the classic 4 men variant , because of having to manage less equipment and getting 6 ap per turn , I always felt like 4 ap was too low and you could barely do anything with such limited resources in combat , now it actually feels like I'm doing stuff .
There's a mod that increases maximum AP to 8, rather than 6. While it will likely make the game a bit easier, at least it's possible to "waste" two turns and then deliver a massive wallop, which may ease up on the straight-jacket nature of the new AP system.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Some shit in this game is retarded. There's a wheat field on a road that has a skeletal scarecrow scream at people to come there to rest, obviously it kills you but has seriously no one else taken up the task to clean that shit out? Really kills my immersion in the gameworld and "lol its all in ur head" is a piss poor excuse against this. The game itself says that there's a lot of skeletons there and that you aren't the first to die if you fall asleep so no one else what so ever has questioned this at all, ever? I thought that the Divine Order was fighting against demons and super spooky skeleton scarecrows who talk to you.
Also, the fight against them is fucking annoying because they will terrify you for 20 turns and deal 150 damage a hit and there's about 5 or 6 of them.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I assume the world feels like a playground for your characters to run through and kick down the NPCs sandcastles, as opposed to a coherent place where everything works as expected.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Some shit in this game is retarded. There's a wheat field on a road that has a skeletal scarecrow scream at people to come there to rest, obviously it kills you but has seriously no one else taken up the task to clean that shit out? Really kills my immersion in the gameworld and "lol its all in ur head" is a piss poor excuse against this. The game itself says that there's a lot of skeletons there and that you aren't the first to die if you fall asleep so no one else what so ever has questioned this at all, ever? I thought that the Divine Order was fighting against demons and super spooky skeleton scarecrows who talk to you.
Also, the fight against them is fucking annoying because they will terrify you for 20 turns and deal 150 damage a hit and there's about 5 or 6 of them.

And that's why I cheesed the shit out of that fight and dragged them to the nearby paladin camp,they got their scrawny ass fucked up,of course not by me cause I was at the top of the tower while the paladins did all the work.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I assume the world feels like a playground for your characters to run through and kick down the NPCs sandcastles, as opposed to a coherent place where everything works as expected.
And that's trash. Garbage. Filth. That's poor design. A lot of this game is poor design. The scaling is all fucked up, what's the point of getting the sword of Omega Death from King Big Dick if the stone on a stick I will make 3 levels later will have twice the stats? All epic level quest loot and unique items you get will be worthless 2 hours of playtime later when you find a generic crossbow with better stats at the store.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
And that's trash. Garbage. Filth. That's poor design. A lot of this game is poor design. The scaling is all fucked up, what's the point of getting the sword of Omega Death from King Big Dick if the stone on a stick I will make 3 levels later will have twice the stats? All epic level quest loot and unique items you get will be worthless 2 hours of playtime later when you find a generic crossbow with better stats at the store.

Yes the first Island all the loot should be sticks and stones + plus some leather and cheap iron gear you will find later on when strong enough to kill and loot guards; those Unique gear and Armor of King Big Dick should be found hours later or so valid alternative of crafted and bought gear for the final fight.... but what ''Game journalist'' with 30 minutes attention span would want to play such game?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

And that's why I cheesed the shit out of that fight and dragged them to the nearby paladin camp,they got their scrawny ass fucked up,of course not by me cause I was at the top of the tower while the paladins did all the work.
Which just confirms the sneaky suspicion that the Paladins and the Divine Order and shit are all just fucking lazy.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
PoE didn't actually really change anything in the pre-existing game, or revise any content - it's what I kept hoping for all along - and while the added content in itself is good, it's exactly that kind of "tacked-on" shit that I hate.

I didn't notice this earlier. There is an explanation to this, even if it's a stupid one - Josh doesn't want to change the narrative in any way, including editing or corrections. His justification is that it might somehow "change the perception of the story people have", he's willing to change the mechanics however times it takes to fix it, but he won't touch the story.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The explanation is that changing around game content, especially the kind of changes Luckmann is always hoping for, requires significantly more resources than altering mechanics. It's a naive thing to expect. When's the last time you saw any game significantly rework its writing, characters, quests, etc? As opposed to simply adding more of them in an expansion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom