Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm still only getting to play it (in co-op so it requires some coordination), so please help me here.

From what I've seen everything about this game is DOS1 but slightly improved or changed. And DOS1 was a fine game but nowhere near the best PC games of all time. Plus it's a freaking tactical turn-based RPG with isometric view and significant challenge. How is it even close to being a mainstream hit. It's currently has better reviews than Skyrim and Mass Effect 2, blockbuster games with state of the art graphics and music aimed at a very wide audience.

Does it mean it enough to just polish and iteratively improve any game to get people to love it? Would Grimoire become a mainstream hit if dev didn't rush it and improve the game?
I really like the game, but at this point, I can't consider the review scores and the reaction any thing other than a mass psychosis.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What the fuck kind of person would want a 6 person party with this combat system and then half the other mods are "free stuff for everybody"

I guess destroying every last vestige of choices and tradeoffs, they could have just made a mod that just lets you get every single skill and also have every single companion be voices in your head you can quest and romance with
You just described the contemporary understanding of how RPGs should play.

how op was lucky charm?
Quite OP actually - completely eliminating needs in crafting, thieving, and even buying something was just an OPTION.
I think it was bad for game that you get epic equipment from barrels lol, so it was rightfully nerfed.

I got a bitchin lv12 LEGENDARY Bow from near a barrel where the turtle is hot for the rat. Can't use it yet as lv11 and hefty 20% accuracy penalty there.

3 base luck charm + 3 from items btw. So yeah Lucky Charm is super OP.

Of course I helped then enjoy their degenerate decadence and then killed them for more xp.

Also what are the recipes for uograding runes?
I have like half a dozen small masterwork runes (9% dmg bonus) (courtsey lucky charm), while only a single masterwotk rune (11% damage bonus) any way to upgrade them like with potions?

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I didn't give a penny more than the minimum for a digital version. I learned my lesson with PoE, and then observing the similar "rewards" given out by other games.
:keepmymoney:

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i am getting so tired of the initiative and turn order.

no game, the varg used his turn getting up. that was my plan, knock him on his ass so he has to waste his turn getting up again.

what imbecile thought this was a good idea?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
in ryker basement:
didnt kill him, shadowly infiltrating his house. I have opened the door... was all the fuss about extra pyramid? Anyway there are a number of ancient artifacts everywhere. On the shelve closest to entrance there is one that can be activated - starts to glow. Other wont. Is it a puzzle or something forgotten? Anyone can give me a hint?

I was messing with this shit for quite a while, I'd say it's nothing. Just some cosmetic fluff. Altho

there's a lever next to the mirror in the big room, easy to miss, opens a secret passage)

Also what are the recipes for uograding runes?
I have like half a dozen small masterwork runes (9% dmg bonus) (courtsey lucky charm), while only a single masterwotk rune (11% damage bonus) any way to upgrade them like with potions?

I think you need to combine two runes of the same type and throw in some pixie dust to upgrade them to the next level.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Am I the only chump who bought the artbook? Couldn't see people talk about that.
:negative:
People rarely talk about the art books, unless they're artists, with other artists, even if they're awesome. I personally love art books and my GF loves them even more, so if I could've, I would probably have gotten a physical D:OS2 art book.

Is it neat?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Ruzen

https://twitter.com/fiddlecub/status/864122882510790656
I'm the Red Prince (the lizard), but I'm dtf the dwarf.
https://twitter.com/fiddlecub/status/893522657286684672
I would like to introduce my beloved Beast. A wonderful character to write - and further proof that dwarves are sexy.
https://twitter.com/fiddlecub/status/896111286328545280
It's amazing to me when people create fan art of the thing you make. I hope people love Beast enough to make fan art. Also: erotic fan art.

Appreciate the citation needed since I had apparently completely overlooked that he did in fact write Beast in addition to the Red Prince.

And that settles it, when I get around to playing D:OS 2 I'm just running my character and Lohse as lone wolves, (figuratively) fuck the others.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
They better tone that shit down while they still can.

I am one of the few who has nothing against romances in RPGs per se but writing awkward sex scenes, and actively encouraging this 'shipping' degeneracy and asking for dwarf erotica and what not, thats not going to end well. It will attract Biodrones like a turd attracts flies and we all know how that always ends.

Good luck dealing with that kind of turbosperg audience, Larian. You'll need it.

Israfael

Arcane
I noticed another funny effect related to the queue system - I was winning a fight, only one or two enemies left, everything under control. One of my summons despawned (in a natural way - it's turn count reached 0 and it disappeared when it was its turn to act), and the queue reshuffled in a very strange way - this enemy NPC, which was next in the queue after the despawned bone spider, somehow got three turns in a row. Thankfully it was a simple mob, and not the decay dragon (or whatever its name was) or something equally dangerous, or i'd be wiped out in a fight I already won.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It appears Mass Effect: Andromeda has had a greater impact on the cRPG world than anticipated.

Or freaks, furries and other weirdos have always existed but before the internet they didn't know of each other. Now they discovered they're not alone and because of muh open society they're no longer feel they have to hide their freaky inclinations.

It's much more likely than the notion that the bunch of inept purple haired idiots at Bioware Montreal sipping latte and yapping about communism could influence anything ever.

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
Or freaks, furries and other weirdos have always existed but before the internet they didn't know of each other. Now they discovered they're not alone and because of muh open society they're no longer feel they have to hide their freaky inclinations.

The same can be said about RPG fans in general.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

The same can be said about RPG fans in general.

except it cant

AwesomeButton

Patron
So Larian took up the Bioware mantle. Oh lord.
https://www.divinity.game/ said:
You'll recruit up to three companions to help in your quest, each character as detailed as your own, with their own origin stories and motivations. We’ve built a dynamic relationship system between you and your party members: expect all shades of friendship, rivalry and yes, even romance.

Ruzen

Savant
I don't like looking digital pages too but I printed those: Volume one and Almanac for the Pillars. Spent extra money (not that much though) but It was neat. It was really helping when the game dumps lore on me; I get to stop playing as look through the pages felt like a tourist and I loved it. For Divinity:OS2, I didn't print yet due to combat has become boring too quickly(45hours tactician) for me but I would definitely recommend it. The art book has very good descriptions. I didn't finish the lore-book but It has 120 pages with a good amount of writing I'm definitely going to read them once I printed them out.

For me, this was the most bittersweet page in the art book
dTFxh67.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom