Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wael is the most creative and I love him. Eothas has a Saint Sebastian vibe going on which I also approve. Why is Berath a belly dancer? Magran is weird, she reminds me of something, I think it's one of the fire elemental models from WoW, but I'm not sure. They are all cool in their own way, though, but Wael steals the show.

Sannom

Augur
That depends on how powerful the Empower system is and how necessary it is to use empowers.
It depends on what each Power Level will bring for each ability, but just based on the most basic information, Empower will allow your character to cast abilities with as powerful as those cast by characters 6 levels higher (even more for multi-classed characters).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I prefer the sketches made by Polina Hristova. Shame she only released two of them.
She has been posting some very cool stuff on her personal facebook since she left Obsidian.

I have to be completely divorced from the codex' tastes but I think this tumblr picture should never have been posted, even on tumblr.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
from the same tumblr pallegina is lookin kawaii

tumblr_oweu1l3Ly51th4lxso1_1280.jpg

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Supposed to be anime-hot sidekick is looking creepy & ugly :P
Wait, is that second pic supposed to be the waifu elf stretch goal?

Edit: Damn it, you're right.

bFXlbdF.jpg

Why were non-Codex Fig backers enthused about this one again?
bFXlbdF

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Yep, other 2 are also sidekicks. Must be Bonteru, Ydwin & Rekke.

• Radora- Ocean Folk/Vailian human wizard. She has difficulty keeping a captain's position for long. According to her, she's at her best when she's had a few to "take the edge off", though she swears she never drinks at sea.
  • Bonteru- A mountain dwarf rogue obsessed with exploring the Deadfire and cataloguing its various poisonous plants and creatures. Bonteru has memorized the effects of hundreds of different poisons and is all too happy to describe them in detail to anyone who will listen.
  • Ydwin- A strange pale elf cipher from "a lot of different places". Fascinated by animancy, Ydwin spends her free time examining fresh and not-so-fresh corpses. Though she has a charming and pleasant demeanor, new acquaintances are often shocked at her intimate familiarity with death and her dispassionate affect in the face of even the most grisly scenes.
  • Rekke- An odd-looking man that the Principi rescued from a floating piece of flotsam on the eastern edge of the Deadfire Archipelago. He doesn't speak a word of any language that anyone can understand, but he's cheery and willing to lend a hand to any company he finds himself in. He's just happy to be alive(at least, that's what everyone assumes). Storm Folk fighter.

Rev

Arcane
Someone asked Josh about it during the final stream for the figstarter. I'm not going to look through it because it's 8 hours long, but it somewhere in there.
I think they're Asian-looking humans, which were lacking in first PoE but make more sense in Deadfire, since it's set in a Polynesia-inspired region of Eora.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
All portraits look extremely good, better than PoE's portraits in my opinion. Ydwin looks exactly the part - she is supposed to be a cold person with scientific interest in animancy and scoring pretty low on humanism concerns. Cynical doctor type.

The contrast and color pallete are obviously an emulation of BG's style.

The 4th sidekick looks too much inspired by the actress Indira Varma to be a coincidence:

120006502.jpg

AwesomeButton

Patron
I haven't started comparing them side by side, but from what I remember PoE's portraits were less detailed and some even had problems with the face symmetry. I don't want to make assertions without concrete examples, but that's what I remember.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom