Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shane Plays - LPs and Interviews

sstacks

Arcane
You play this until it will suddenly become cool and a forgotten gem ;)

Strangely enough I have recently had people asking about it and saying they hadn't heard of it, etc.

sstacks

Arcane
WHAT IF D&D HAD NEVER BEEN PUBLISHED?! That's the topic this week as we're joined by D&D / RPG authors and historians Michael Witwer (Empire of the Imagination) and Jon Peterson (Playing at the World) to discuss the impact on RPGs and pop culture in general if this alternate history had unfolded!

sstacks

Arcane
We wrap up the old lady ghost and sticha invasion quests in Sagus Cliffs and then FINALLY head to the Valley of Dead Heroes. Callistege likes us now, evidently. Tybir begs to come back.

sstacks

Arcane
The Valley of Dead Heroes begins as we tell some overbearing cultists to get to steppin', discover travel by minnim, meet another castoff (she's kinda rude) and learn more of the Endless Battle from a trio of deserters.

sstacks

Arcane
Wrapping up the Ettenmoors as we rescue villagers from sticky, icky spider webs, go ingredient shopping for Andra, then confront her sudden but inevitable betrayal in a pretty tough fight. Next up: Rhylfang's Lair!

sstacks

Arcane
The Valley of Dead Heroes continues as we vicariously live as a series of six-eyed cats, meet a man who truly argues with himself, collapse a portal to another world and hope no one notices (sorry, Saint Prosper), drop the stank down on some murderous cultists, and find some sweet loot in a pool of vile water.

sstacks

Arcane
Rhylfang's Lair starts with lots of spiders (shocker, that) plus plenty of drow and dreadful ritual victims. Hommet gets new threads. Shane gets annoyed that you can't put drow to sleep.

sstacks

Arcane
Frank Mentzer (of "Red Box" fame) shares D&D history and discusses Empyrea, his multi-system fantasy RPG setting.

sstacks

Arcane
DM Carl & DM Chrispy of the Save or Die podcast join to talk D&D character rarity and OSR RPG gaming.

sstacks

Arcane
I rarely post non CRPG / RPG things in this thread, however I'm really trying to get the word out on the guy in this episode.

Cosplay’s Most Wanted! (a Very Special Episode)

Highlights: FRAUDSTER ALERT! This episode is a little different (and let’s say more important) than usual. Listen in, be informed, and help us get the word out on a fraudster who used and abused the Arkansas cosplay / geek community during the recent so-called Cosplay Con & Anime Experience and help others avoid similar situations in the future by learning the warning signs.

Podcast:
http://shaneplays.com/cosplays-most-wanted-a-very-special-episode-radio-show-podcast-ep-127/

YouTube version (audio only):

Last edited:

sstacks

Arcane
I just received an invitation from Owlcat to Alpha Test Pathfinder Kingmaker on Dec 26th.

I'm allowed to share / stream etc as long as I make sure folks know it's an alpha test build.

I'll try to stream some live, but will definitely record and share regardless.

felipepepe

sstacks

Arcane
Game options and character creation in the Closed Alpha version of Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

Things Owlcat Games asked me to mention:
Alpha means incomplete. Not all content and features are fully implemented, not all in-game copy is perfect, there will be bugs - this game is still a work in progress.
For more information on Pathfinder: Kingmaker please visit https://goo.gl/SwTxgo

sstacks

Arcane
Two combats with bandits, leveling up, and buying / selling at Oleg's Trading Post

Alpha means incomplete. Not all content and features are fully implemented, not all in-game copy is perfect, there will be bugs - this game is still a work in progress.
For more information on Pathfinder: Kingmaker please visit https://goo.gl/SwTxgo

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The UI is pretty neat, I like their use of animations - very modern, but still with a traditional vibe.

sstacks

Arcane
This was a YouTube Live Stream video. Resting mechanics, the Spider Cave and the Ancient Tomb. Linzi the bard is recruited.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Please if you get contacted by Owlcat for feedback, tell them to make it so casting sounds for cantrips don't fire each time or players are going to go berserk listening to same 2s sound every round of every combat...

sstacks

Arcane
Please if you get contacted by Owlcat for feedback, tell them to make it so casting sounds for cantrips don't fire each time or players are going to go berserk listening to same 2s sound every round of every combat...

I think there's a slider in the options for that, but I have heard others mention that as well.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I think there's a slider in the options for that, but I have heard others mention that as well.
If the slider is only for cantrips than that is OK but for all spells it is not.. unless all spells have same casting sounds but I hope they made a different sound for every spell school like BG had. And it would be even cooler if they made sounds per type of spellcaster and spell school (like clerics, wizards or druids having different spell casting sounds when casting Evocations spells).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom