Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, how do we rate D:OS 2?

How do we rate D:OS 2?

• Excellent - one of the best RPG's in a long while, no flaws, 10/10

Votes: 42 18.4%
  • Good - an above average experience with few flaws, though there are some

Votes: 104 45.6%
  • Even - it's a middling game that doesn't excell at anything, but isn't bad at anything either

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Uneven - It's an uneven game that does certain things very well, others terribly

Votes: 45 19.7%
  • Bad - it may have a few good ideas, but mostly it's not that good

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Terrible - everything about it sucks

Votes: 14 6.1%

• Total voters

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
but at least it doesn't take itself so fucking serious like PoE

I think the original D:OS's failure to take itself seriously is worse.

This. Saxons should always try to take themselves seriously coz their attempts at humor always end with tears of embarrassment.

And yes, we Slavs cry when we're embarrassed.

Aren't Larian studios Franks/Flamands? But I do agree with what Comrade-Slav-Bro from Czechia has said; this games has many flaws but at-least is not pretentious and boring as game done by Kwan German about two-spirited furry Welsh. More over those flaws don't stop Commissar from returning and doing another quest or combat encounter and many of the things I hated from first part like Diablo itemization were fixed by putting the unique loot for example; the strory line is more interesting this time since you are whoever you want to be and not predefined Humans Sauce Hunters and to be honest I am always :bounce: when allowed to pick and play as member of :obviously: Dwarf Master Race. Its not Masterpiece when Dialogues, Quests and C&C come as the throne still rightfully belongs to Red Tower Commissar opus the Age of Decadence but I do like combat system much more in this game; its quick, fun and dynamic yet allowing multiple combat styles; Commissar verdict: Solid 9/10 and so far the best RPG of this year.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Rated - Uneven. 6.5/10

It does something moderately well, other things fucking atriciously shitty.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Itemization is getting even worse at high level. The number bloat is too fucking real. So you enter level 13, you now get an obselete gear. You explore and finally have enough money to buy new gear. Cool. Suddenly youre level 14 fighting level 14 enemies and your gear that you got 30 minutes ago is obselete.

O dont remember divinity os 1 being THIS bad. Not even fucking jrpg as this bad.

It is like MMO level turd. Wtf swen?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Maybe modders will fix this by allowing to reforge the gear to higher level like in DAO and Skyrim Comrade; I am very angry that this cool relic armor I got after looking around for hours got absolute after leaving first island; how they can explain this? Industrial Magic revolution or something? Still game as whole is still solid 8/10.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
The no bloated number mod is a promising lead, but it need more than reducing the scaling percentage.

It need to be overhauled of how stat work and leveling to add the numbers, and as for itemization, i dunno how to fix it twiddling with numbers unless you completely overhaul the system

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't like the person who created this poll, because the wording is clearly manipulative.
First option if worded like that it has contradiction, thus directin us to second options.

No you fucking idiot, if you formulated it like that
Excellent - one of the best RPG's in a long while, with flaws, 9/10
people would give voice for that option, instead you did it
Excellent - one of the best RPG's in a long while, no flaws, 10/10
with manipulative text.
I wish all manipulative motherfukers like you to die under asfalt paver.

Vibalist

Arcane
So there should be no option for people who genuinely consider it a flawless game?

If I hadn't added such an option, people would just be bitching that it wasn't there.

Jezal_k23

I'm gonna go with uneven. Can't say I didn't enjoy it and that it doesn't have its merits, but it also has too many significant issues, enough that I went back to DOS1 and other games until maybe one day it's sufficiently fixed...

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
If you honestly consider this game truly flawless or even excellent, you are deluded and ignorant and have shit taste.

That much is very clear. It boggles my mind, that some here rated it at the top, if not for trolling.

Objectively and truthfully, this game is simply not worth a 10, 9 heck, maybe even an 8.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Objectively and truthfully, this game is simply not worth a 10, 9 heck, maybe even an 8.
No, this is not objective or truthful. This is your opinion and you consistently try to shove it in our brains.
The thing is, your opinion doesn't matter as much as you think.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I'm gonna go with uneven. Can't say I didn't enjoy it and that it doesn't have its merits, but it also has too many significant issues, enough that I went back to DOS1 and other games until maybe one day it's sufficiently fixed...
What are the significant issues? I haven't even look at it yet.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
No, this is not objective or truthful. This is your opinion and you consistently try to shove it in our brains.

How you HAVEN'T gotten a FANBOY tag yet, is beyond me.

Shill harder, breh

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

How you HAVEN'T gotten a FANBOY tag yet, is beyond me.

Shill harder, breh

Maybe it's because I don't claim that my opinion is the objective truth??

Jezal_k23

What are the significant issues? I haven't even look at it yet.

The things that keep me from playing are mainly the inexistence of a proper tactician mode and how the initiative system works. I would also love for the armor system to be fixed (armor not being a completely impassable barrier), but I don't think that will happen at all.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I rated it excellent. Now sue me.

I am well aware of it's faults. I am not fan of the armor system at all, I do dislike the way initiative is handled. The writing can get insufferable at times.

Yet I'm having time of my life playing this. Going through the game thus far has been the sort of enjoyment I used to have from games when I was just a wee kid, barely able understand english and relying on my father to explain the intricate details of Steel Panthers.

It might not be necessarily logical as I am aware of it's faults but I just simply enjoy it far too much. And that's just playing alone. Maybe my standards have lowered when I've grown older but I do enjoy many of the quirks and dialogues, from the silly animals to overly elaborate shit about sickly erotic representation ( Hello kiss by Radeka, you fucker )

Sure, this game has it's flaws, many of them, none of which I reject but I rate the games based on how much I enjoy them, not whetever this or that dot hits a certain spot and this I do immensely, even without the COOP aspect that adds entirely new and wildly different experience to what one can achieve in Single Player.

Good fucking game, flawed but good and an excellent experience. At this point I'd say anyone saying anything else is so jaded even their grandmother's cookies would taste sour in their mouths.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
  • I rated it excellent. Now sue me.
  • I am well aware of it's faults.
What part of "no flaws" and "10/10" confused you?
Itemization is getting even worse at high level. The number bloat is too fucking real. So you enter level 13, you now get an obselete gear. You explore and finally have enough money to buy new gear. Cool. Suddenly youre level 14 fighting level 14 enemies and your gear that you got 30 minutes ago is obselete.

O dont remember divinity os 1 being THIS bad. Not even fucking jrpg as this bad.

It is like MMO level turd. Wtf swen?
The worst thing is that the entire scaling of the game is apparently handled as a function of just a handful modifiers concerning the per-level growth of Vitality. The damage of skills and weapons, armor; practically everything. This means that it's extremely easy to generally tune the bloat (or lack thereof) and scaling of the game. Fine-turning obviously always happens on a piece-by-piece level, but what this says to me is that either:
  1. Larian settled on this level of bloat entirely by purpose and it is all working as intended.
  2. Larian literally did not bother testing it at all past the initial 5-10 levels.
And either answer is depressing.

GrainWetski

Arcane
So there should be no option for people who genuinely consider it a flawless game?

If I hadn't added such an option, people would just be bitching that it wasn't there.

A game can be better than "good" without being flawless.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If you honestly consider this game truly flawless or even excellent, you are deluded and ignorant and have shit taste.

That much is very clear. It boggles my mind, that some here rated it at the top, if not for trolling.

I love the game, and I could easily say that it's an 8, possibly even a full subjective 9, and that's shit I don't give out easily (I actually do count 5 as "average" and everything above is perfectly OK), but anyone saying it's a 10/10 with no flaws at all is full of shit. The game has tons of flaws, from the SocJus horseshit, the shitty and unintuitive armor system, the broken turn orders, the insufferable CNPC:s (nothing personell, lizard) and the sometimes awkward-as-hell writing with zero player agency from start to finish, and the small mountain of broken journal entries, quests and triggers.

Fix that and it could be a solid 9, maybe even slightly higher, but let's be honest, all of that won't be fixed.

Doktor Best

Arcane
  • I rated it excellent. Now sue me.
  • I am well aware of it's faults.
What part of "no flaws" and "10/10" confused you?

Well it is an excellent game with flaws, so what option should he pick? The poll options are shit as already mentioned.

A game doesnt have to be flawless to be a 10/10 experience in my opinion, nor does it mean that a game without flaws is automatically a 10/10.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Well it is an excellent game with flaws, so what option should he pick?
See, this is just it, the words themselves used, the expletives, they literally don't matter, because the qualifier to explain the ratings are literally right fucking there. What you're looking for for your own definition of "Excellent" is right there - "Good - an above average experience with few flaws, though there are some". Voting for "literally no flaws" and then say "it has flaws" is fucking retarded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom