Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Is there a way to edit your save games, characters in particular? Or get some gold at least. I don't want to start over, but I went completely ham with my builds and purchases in the first act. Slowly but steadily the second act is turning into a rapefest, not the good kind either.
you can go all in on the lucky charm skill, walk around carefully on bloodmoon island and gather lvl 15 legendaries. they grow on trees. no mater what your level is. then go back to ship, put 4 points in lore and identify everything. assuming of course you kept some +1 lucky charm gear. i was gathering with like lucky charm 7 or 8. your mileage may vary.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Ok, I'm pissed. I'm guessing someone's already pointed that one out, but I'm not reading spoilers so fuck you, I'm just raging anyway.

Ok, so I've killed Alexandar 2 times. In the first one, I even turned him into a bloated corpse right away! Oh, and the second time he was in a fucking coma, and I set the fucker on fire. But no, now it turns he's back and well in that fucking island without a fucking name. WTF Larian, let me kill anyone I want godamnit
next gen rpg. better than skyrim and fallout 4 put together. you can kill everyone!!! they just won't stay dead.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just curious - your max possible Thievery is 7 right? You put 5 manually and you can get 2 from gear - gauntlets and belts. That means you can steal up to 9 600 worth of value. Meaning Thievery is useless on Arx since everything cost a bloody fortune over there.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Dkw7uDBj_400x400.jpg
CharlenePutney.jpg

Photoshop is a helluva drug.
LARIAN AND SWEN ARE CLEARLY SATANIC LIBERALS.
char.jpg

3d18f587e98b331a84e9329a00d84945_original.jpg

Lectures on the occult, teaches yoga aka new age mysticism, Mlitt in ancient languages (seriously Aramaic and Syriac wtf?), dresses like a Wiccan and (((somehow))) held management positions in Google and Facebook. JIDF defence a cherry on top.

But don't think too hard about it goys, she played AoD so she must be cool.
:troll:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Why are you guys talking about her? That left pic reminds me of those big fluffy dogs that go to pageants. Just needs a crown on her head and a wet nose. She would get it though.

Tigranes

Arcane
Did Codex used to stalk random devs and obsess over them instead of talking about RPGs back in 2000 as well

Because fuck these retarded newfags, I don't know why I would waste my own life inflicting myself with pink haired video game writers or someshit

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Posting a couple pics and writing a few sentences is "stalking and obsessing" now? 'K

I'll go back to hanging on MCA and Sawyer's every word like the prestigious oldfags.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
When you're playing a game and a steaming pile of shit hits you in the face it is good to identify the names behind that pile of shit, writers like hamburger helper and Carrie Patel can then be vilified so you can AVOID buying their products in future.

Simple concept really.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Apparently, my post has reached Plebbit, and it's reactions are all too painfully predictable. Still, surprising that there's actually some people there that seem to have taken the time to read it. I think my favourite part is either the guy that TLDR:d it but clearly hadn't understood some of the sections and why I said it couldn't be TLDR:d, and then the faggots that start arguing based on that TLDR instead of the actual post, or the guy that literally and overtly cares more about the delivery and his virtue signalling than any of the arguments.

Is this user your presence on Reddit, Luckmann? The following similarities are apparent:
  • Is Swedish and male; as a girlfriend and plays co-op with her
  • Is right-wing; makes jokes about leftists; and makes pro-Nazi comments; is also anti-Semitic
  • Comments on cRPG stuff; suggests improvements to games (you also do this on your Paradoxplaza account); has pretty extensive knowledge on RPGs. Also knows of PnP
  • Is also interested in grand strategy/Paradox games
  • Opinions on D:OS2 vs. D:OS1 are uncannily similar
  • Knows of RPGCodex
  • Is currently unemployed and is a pirate

Some notes on what are most likely your posts:

There was a pretty good post further down, but people still pretend like the current system is the only possible solution to such a banal issue as people stacking initiative and foregoing other bonuses.

This is a pretty good point actually. Too many players don't think "how else could this be designed" and instead blindly accept the devs' vision; resulting in crappy game design as the devs never receive any useful feedback; it is all mindless support or mindless hate.

And it doesn't approve violence, unless you subscribe to the Antifa definition of "violence", i.e. self-defense

Ironically, Antifa justifies its existence by proclaiming the need for self-defence.

Finally:

I'm honestly shocked that nobody has gone HE'S A FUCKING NAZI REEEEEE yet. Hope for humanity?[/spoiler]

The link is to your cross-post on the Larian forums, which gives no indication of your political beliefs.

Fairfax

Arcane
If that's his account, it seems he pulled a Lucas9:

Really well written. I agree with everything. I think it's pretty obvious that most of the people in this thread either didn't read all of it or misunderstood great sections of it.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
the bloat is real. item bloat, leading to save game bloat combined with merchants that won't clear the crap out of their inventories. now the game takes forever to save and load on and from an ssd and i get a crash every time i load if i don't close the game first. well done, Larian :salute:

EDIT: i managed to get rid of maybe 300 books by selling all to some merchant and then killing almost everyone in driftwood to get rid of the merchant. but the saves are still bloated and it seems corrupted. the game still crashes first and only loads after i start it again. i guess that's it, then. fuck you Larian! good job with the beta :salute:

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
A Thought about the companions:

1) Beast: Dwarves are cool, but his back-story "NATIONAL UNITY = BAD" sound sliek shitty propaganda to me. No Go.
2) Ifan: least Obnoxious of the lot. But a Filthy Arab. Remember, Arabs as a whole are the biggest lying backstabbers you can have the misfortune of interacting with. No Go.
3) Sebile: irritating Edgelord. No Go.
4) Lohse: Sexy voice. Sexy Voice actress. Entertainer possessed by a demon; hints at something interesting.
5) Red Prince: Pompous and Edgy; but has a snobby :obviously: vibe.
6) Fane: He keeps jizzing all voer himself. all the time. No go.

The only acceptable companions are the one who is possessed by a demon, or the one who looks like a demon.

LARIAN AND SWEN ARE CLEARLY SATANIC LIBERALS.

:shunthenonbeliever:

Picked Comrade Assad, Crazy broad, and :obviously: Lizard as Companion those three were less irritating and fitting who my Soldier-Mystic Second Coming of Thor Dwarf would pick. As Class goes I went :mhd:for my dorf and default classes for companions; combat is hard but manageable this way on Classic even when my Protagonist chooses to dispense Axe Justice blocking himself from quests, XP and Loot often.

After 5 rerolls from scrath,
I am finally set on the following:
Ranger/Summoner Lone Wolf Elf PC (no origin)

summoner with a few points in geo/hydro/aero Lone Wolf Elf Companion.

PC and PC's summon strip armor, Companion uses impalement and stuff for cc. Teleport nether swap fortify drost rmor etc for suport. Of course all summons battering ram there for cc too.

If enemy has very high evasion, pc uses grendes and stuff. Fire and Earth infused incarnate set up nice combos of slow + burning.

Keep in mind that companion is not a nuker; more of support caster. so need to max the magic skills/ int. Con/Mem mainly for companion.

I am not playing any origin stories to completion, as lets eb honest. the writing is shit and i don't give a fuck about storyfaggotry in DOS.

Freakydemon

Educated
Imagine being so pathetic you blame everyone around you for being a loser who discusses & plays RPGs all day. Some of you truly are something special.

I am getting raped by Radeka. Gotta stay out of the killzone.

Tp her into your squad and run a CC train on her till she's dead. Bugs are pretty squishy (and have low phys armor, having two people with charge and that other AoE stun really helps) and their damage output can be outhealed to an extent, kite zombies and tp them to far corners as soon as you can.

Skills like tactical retreat (phoenix dive n such) are invaluable in most of the fights, so get them as well (chick in the kitchen sells huntsman spells).

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Radeka fight is fucking hard indeed.
The way we managed it in the end was:
CC her so that she doesn't do shit and go for the bugs who have that annoying magical attack twice per turn..

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Apparently, my post has reached Plebbit, and it's reactions are all too painfully predictable. Still, surprising that there's actually some people there that seem to have taken the time to read it. I think my favourite part is either the guy that TLDR:d it but clearly hadn't understood some of the sections and why I said it couldn't be TLDR:d, and then the faggots that start arguing based on that TLDR instead of the actual post, or the guy that literally and overtly cares more about the delivery and his virtue signalling than any of the arguments.

Is this user your presence on Reddit, Luckmann? The following similarities are apparent:
  • Is Swedish and male; as a girlfriend and plays co-op with her
  • Is right-wing; makes jokes about leftists; and makes pro-Nazi comments; is also anti-Semitic
  • Comments on cRPG stuff; suggests improvements to games (you also do this on your Paradoxplaza account); has pretty extensive knowledge on RPGs. Also knows of PnP
  • Is also interested in grand strategy/Paradox games
  • Opinions on D:OS2 vs. D:OS1 are uncannily similar
  • Knows of RPGCodex
  • Is currently unemployed and is a pirate
Excellent creepy stalking there, Iznaliu, you get some kind of reward for your magnificent deductive reasoning - there couldn't possibly be more than one Swedish nationalist that enjoys RPG:s & grand strategy, certainly not practically every nationalist gamer I know. I didn't know you were into me that way, you could've just asked. :smug:
I'm not right-wing, tho.
And I don't need to joke about leftists, they make a fine joke out of themselves without me.

And it doesn't approve violence, unless you subscribe to the Antifa definition of "violence", i.e. self-defense

Ironically, Antifa justifies its existence by proclaiming the need for self-defence.
I'm not sure where you pilfered that quote from and hence the context, but I can assure you that there's nothing ironic about it when that's the point.

And finally:
I'm honestly shocked that nobody has gone HE'S A FUCKING NAZI REEEEEE yet. Hope for humanity?[/spoiler]

The link is to your cross-post on the Larian forums, which gives no indication of your political beliefs.
Yes, but the first link in my post on the Larian forums links directly to the post on the RPG Codex, and several other links also link directly to posts here.

I think it just goes to show just how few people on Reddit actually read the post before they started commenting on it. It's the reason the Reddit post blew up, whereas discussion elsewhere have been much more muted and with actual discussion (which I've mostly stayed out of - I made most points I wanted to make, and I have no great urge to nit-pick shit, I'd rather sit back and consider the ideas). Just look at that useless TLDR that someone wrote that has over 100 points, and then have people actually arguing with the TLDR instead of the post itself.
If that's his account, it seems he pulled a Lucas9:

Really well written. I agree with everything. I think it's pretty obvious that most of the people in this thread either didn't read all of it or misunderstood great sections of it.
Don't you agree with yourself? :smug:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Radeka is hard? Not at all ... Wait until you get to this "Azerbaijan" or whatever the hell his name is he fights you in a place with no high ground has 12 AP and summons 4 guys who have 6-8 AP while also having a room full of trash mob extra (they have disabling spells) and has super high initiative this guy makes you really have to think... cheesy.

Edit: I think I have a plan for this guy actually. More on this later. Didn't work tried to death fog them only works on the player character not NPC.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom