Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Cloning Codexers to fight Machines: Let's Play MissionForce: Cyberstorm

Dayyālu

Arcane
What does the Command skill do anyway? From one picture, it seems like it increases "stability"?

Command increases Stability, yes. Stability is one of the three physical attributes: think of it of a cross between morale and genetical stability.

It gets damaged by enemy fire, old age and drug abuse. The Command skill has no other use: Tola has it, and it's useful for a cheap buff, but not essential.

Eriador

Arbiter
Ok thanks, what is the ELF skill? The Elven Lady Elana seems pretty bad at it, so I assume it's an abbreviation for something.

Also, this is in the same universe as the Tribes games? The only one I've played was Tribes: Vengeance. Didn't realize they had this whole Extended Universe thing.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ok thanks, what is the ELF skill? The Elven Lady Elana seems pretty bad at it, so I assume it's an abbreviation for something.

Weaponized ELFs, of course. You didn't think the genetic industry only catered to furry fetishes?

0af3291d3add496b5afa2934e56dc176--record-of-lodoss-war-character-ideas.jpg

Shitposting aside, ELFs are ELectro Flux whips. Short range lightning guns.

wow-elf.jpg

They are good as backup weapons, and the biggest Herc has two fixed ELFs hardpoints.

Also, this is in the same universe as the Tribes games? The only one I've played was Tribes: Vengeance. Didn't realize they had this whole Extended Universe thing.

Remember this guy?

616763084_ab2cf84fd8_b.jpg

He's the last "canon" Cybrid we see, getting to survive as a hired assassin amongst humans in disguise. As I said, the Dynamix games had this weird continuity thing, between the in-game joke and the "We Care About Silly Things" stuff.

Vengeance in particular plays rather loose with the setting, but it was a valiant attempt. Doomed by the lack of support and the toxic Tribes fanbase, but a valiant attempt.

And I never, never understood the Julia design. Everyone has armour, and she goes with a full bodysuit? What's this, Japan?

Julia.jpg

Well, we bumped on page 2. Another update incoming as soon as I can, and goddammit sign up people, I need more sign-ups. The beginning is easy, but it's going to ramp up FAST.

Eriador

Arbiter
Shitposting aside, ELFs are ELectro Flux whips. Short range lightning guns.

Weaponized elves sound much cooler. :decline:

Remember this guy?

That's Mercury, right?

Vengeance in particular plays rather loose with the setting, but it was a valiant attempt. Doomed by the lack of support and the toxic Tribes fanbase, but a valiant attempt.

I think I only finished Vengeance because I was intrigued by its story that kept jumping from character to character and from past to present. I particularly remember that level when you were playing as 4-year-old Julia. It started out almost scary, but then it eventually devolved into a little girl piloting some kind of airship, flying around the place and killing hordes of soldiers with rockets all by herself. Which was fun, but it kinda broke the atmosphere the previous sections established.

And yeah, Julia's outfit was ridiculous. I actually liked Victoria more then her. Doesn't help that Julia seems to be locked into light armor most of the game.

Well, we bumped on page 2. Another update incoming as soon as I can, and goddammit sign up people, I need more sign-ups. The beginning is easy, but it's going to ramp up FAST.

And if you need more people and accept more then 1 character per person, just take that catman and name him Fluffy, in honor of the simple khajiit that became Hircine's bane.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Awesome. We have now Six Bioderms and can commandd up to Six Hercs. Missions will start to become harsh.

Welcome our new recruits!

uTqXmbG.jpg

The reincarnation of Kalin, still useless.

MHz5ViK.jpg

Thanks, Grimmie.

vAm2LhI.jpg

Oh God someone useful.

Updatan.

So, we got promoted. Unit Captain, and this means new Bioderms, new tech, and some PLOT updates.

rb1yIfn.jpg

So, we get some spiffy toys. Today, bar some missions, we'll cover the Herc Hangar Bay so I will postpone discussion about special equipment. That and we get another injection of "You are Working for A Soulless Corporation". They told me Capitalism fought poverty. In our case it's nuking genocidal robots, but I guess it's kinda the same.

POTHD4o.jpg

For most promotions after the first two we would get a "unique" Bioderm. I've cheated and gave you all the options for the sake of variety, but this is Tarsus, the first unique Bioderm we get. He's really really good with cannons and that's it.

And also, We Work for a Evil Corp that Considers Acceptable Thousands of Civilian Losses.

LcBF72I.jpg

Welcome to the Herc Bay. Deceptively simple. Here we can buy or manage our Hercs, simple as that.

FkdABsh.jpg

Here the main Herc Managing screen, with a rotating image of one of our Ogres, where we can notice the damage both in percentage and on the image itself. You can see the Reactor Rating (how much power the Herc reactor has, and energy management is everything) and the Speed Rating. By rule, better components are heavier, and hurt speed.

That's why our recon Shadows will soon mount no weapons.

Let's quickly see the components of an Herc: we have Structural elements such as Drive (gives movement points), the Reactor or the Armour (hey, a Ogre has merely 18cm of armour, less than the turret of a T-55 tank. We have already access to specialized armour types, more effective but also pricier). The Legs can be armoured, but for some reasons I rarely lost a Herc thanks to leg damage).

Systems are the heart of a Herc: Batteries to store the energy output of the reactor, improved targeting systems, life support systems, sensors and the essential Shields. Most upgrades are linear here, being pricier and heavier but far more effective. We need to buy two new Hercs now and upgrade the others, my guess is that our 120k credits won't be enough for a top job.

And then, the Hardpoints, divided between Weapon Hardpoints and Special Hardpoints.

grW1z0t.jpg

Weapon Hardpoints are, well, where we place our weapons. I'll go indepth on weapons another time, I don't want to bore you too much. Lemme just say that weapon balance is iffy, and the optimal weapons are almost always the simpler Energy\Missile combos. Advanced weapons can work too.

uUwpCmx.jpg

Special Hardpoints are for..... everyhing else.

Mining devices? Here, at least half a dozen kinds.

Resupply drones? Here, half a dozen kinds, with different weight and efficiency. Spoiler: they work only if your dropship is in the area and if you need them you fucked up badly, because if something is still alive by the time you have expended your cannon shots\missiles you are fucked like a teen in a drug party.

More interesting options are Nanite Repairs, modules that can be expended to repair other modules (for now we have the crappy and expensive protonanite, not worth it) or ECM suits, that help us by making the enemy miss. ECM suits are very good, because they prevent damage: nanite repairs are heavy and expensive, and for them the same spiel as resupply drones applies: they're nice and all, but if you are going to need them something has gone very, very wrong.

ereyZkF.jpg

Time to buy new Hercs. We add a third Ogre to our fleet and also a Giant, just to show you how crappy they are. Grimwulf, my man, my soulmate and comrade, you are gonna drive this one. RIGHT INTO THE THICK OF IT

I upgrade crap and weapons as much as our finances allow. I'll pick a poisoned chalice for the next mission, all for the sake of FUN, so we better be ready. We can farm boring Mining mission if the thing goes badly.

We're lucky, I manage to upgrade everything and spare 15k. Well, time to rumble.

vYhh0ZS.jpg

Because we're going on our first Military mission. While mining and recon missions are cheap and easy (well, mining missions are lucrative but boring) military missions are bent on the direct destruction of the hated Cybrid foe.

In this case, Unitech command has intercepted a sizeable Cybrid force. Our Herc Carrier will drop us on the top of them, and then disengage: it's a do or die mission. With our Herc Carrier away, we can't: 1) resupply 2) escape. Yes, we can escape if our Herc Carrier is in the area and we manage to reach it. There is a reason Cyberstorm was one of the higher rated game on Home of the Underdogs!

Well, everyone linked, everything ready, Carrier AWAY

6jBIvFj.jpg

Rodriguez, our Herc Carrier pilot (RODRIGUEZ?) dropped us in the middle of..... uhhnm.... a good eight enemy Hercs. HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I count six Parasites and two Cerebrus-class Cybrids. Fuck.

vPq4Dwl.jpg

9WVKSyu.jpg

Of the two, the Parasites are the most dangerous, mounting good lasers and good missile launchers. They are fairly inferior to our Ogres, but there are six of 'em.

Ok, ok. We have the surprise. We need to inflict the maximum damage to the enemy, and form a defensive formation to avoid retaliation.

yI1fknf.jpg

Grimwulf opens the danza by disabling the shields of a Parasite with Blast Mortars (the ONLY weapons we can mount on a Giant that can disable shields, and Parasites have weak shields) and shooting two 120mm rounds in the cockpit of the Cybrid. Boom. Lucky, the mortars were barely enough at point-blank range. With the shields up, the 120mm shots would have been useless.

40pFnXe.jpg

Baud takes down another one with skillful use of lasers and chainguns, opening a way for the Shadows to retreat in the middle of the formation. Azira likewise takes down a Cerebrus, and Eriador tops it with another Parasite kill.

Awesome, bros. Four of them down in the first turn, let's hope retaliation won't be brutal.

SbloQBt.jpg

The remaining Cybrids form a battleline and try to both call for help (heh, "Vermin") and take one of us down. No luck. Let's kill the fucks.

WXAHhii.jpg

Doesn't work. VICTORY.

As you can see, the first turn surprise was everything. If a battle devolves into a slugging match into Cyberstorm, you are doing it wrong. That's a reason why later missions are dangerous: Cybrids have such a numerical advantage that battles drag, slowly draining you of shields and ammo, until you weaken enough for the kill.

We mine everything for more money and depart. Glory to Mankind, and to anarcho-capitalism.

Azira gets promoted and everyone is three months closer to euthanasia. How cheerful.

Aw, fuck. It's late. I'll keep the next military mission, a Base Assault, for tomorrow. So long, cowboys.

That said, the page with the know-how on how to fucking make Cyberstorm work on Win10 (https://github.com/juanitogan/rbxit/wiki/CyberStorm-1) also has a link to a supposedly "higher difficulty" mod. Do you want me to be in pain or not? I ask you:

1) We keep standard Hard Difficulty. I don't trust modders.
2) Let's go deep into mod madness.

I haven't tried the mod. Don't even know if it's compatible. Merely asking to you, dear public.

Eriador

Arbiter
Let's try out that mod, after all we have better Bioderms then we should have, if I understand you correctly, so a higher difficulty somehow compensate for that.

And if turns out it's one of those mods where you have to exploit the AI to win... well, have fun! :smug:

Eriador

Arbiter

This.

Rodriguez! :argh:

When I die EXPIRE, my genetically modified ghost will haunt your treacherous ass. Droppin' us right in the middle of the fray! You know, stuff like that is exactly why your mom called you Rodriguez.

Poor Rodriguez, by the time this is over, he will be haunted by around 50 cloned Grimwulfs.

lightbane

Arcane
1. No mods.

Don't trust modders of ancient games to avoid unpleasant spergy rants surprises.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
From a thread on the mod " totally cheat in actual weapon and component mountings in order to produce the ultimate challenge."

So I'll say no (option 1)

Eriador

Arbiter
From a thread on the mod " totally cheat in actual weapon and component mountings in order to produce the ultimate challenge."

So I'll say no (option 1)

:D Ok, change my vote to no.

Dayyālu

Arcane
KK, mod idea is shot down. Good, don't want to fuck up the save.

We Have New Recruits. They don't show up in the base mission because I vat-grow'ed them later.

7Q5yfeh.jpg

Cat.

MSh4wm9.jpg

Would you Believe that a Bio-Derm Baby Can Fly? Me neither.

3c0w42o.jpg

So, we were up to a ... Military Mission. Ok, ok, Base Assault mission incoming. We don't need heavy repairs, the last mission was won easily.

3c0w42o.jpg

Here we are, a quick and cheap base assault mission. I bet it's another small outpost. Same Hercs as before, but this time we'll have our Herc Carrier and the chance to scout properly.

oEC5clb.jpg

AWAAAAY

HjvHgnY.jpg

Rodriguez complains he's gonna drop us if he's threatened. Poor guy. Seriously, RODRIGUEZ?
Let's get into formation and send the scouts forward. We have targets to identify.

V3jiOQb.jpg

Quick recon and we found contacts. Two Turrets and a Parasite. Engaging.

AMOo5Vg.jpg

Didn't go so well. We merely destroyed a turret. Redirecting shields towards enemy fire, crouching to minimize silouette.

PENjTHk.jpg

Enemy fire not effective. We get into their base and ohmygoshit'saproperbase. South we can see a Malignus, it's a medium Cybrid Herc. We're lucky the base defenses are mostly turrets, they are well-armed and resilient but static.

vbwt1YP.jpg

Here our dear Malignus. This is a V1, they are armed with a plethora of small lasers and some good missiles. Lack of good anti-shielding weapons means missiles are useless.

W6K9vGi.jpg

Again, we survive a round of enemy fire. Goddammit, energy reserves are running low. A Genocite, another medium-level Cybrid, enters the fray. We're lucky their defense forces were scattered. Baud takes down the Malignus with a rain of 30mm chaingun fire. The Cybrid shields held up quite a bit, though.
More Cybrid mediums stream from everywhere. Another Malignus enters the fray.

dJnl3Wb.jpg

Genocite. He looks so.... cartoony. But it's as good, if not better, than one of our Ogres.

X3g3iul.jpg

The enemy medium Herc wave stutters and gets destroyed by the combined fire of Azira, Grimwulf and Baud. One at a time, they were easy prey. Eriador keeps destroying the northern turrets.

1OrmLWh.jpg

Only enemy fixed defenses remain. It's a mop up, and next we can destroy the Cybrid Node\buildings.

hs2AHFI.jpg

Cybrids are supposedly intelligent machines. Weirdly enough, Earthsiege fiction likes to point out that they are also autonomous. Cybrid disagree with one another, do mistakes, and even betray one another if needed. Hell, some even started a civil war against their own creator, Prometheus, due to different opinions on the final objective of the Cybrid race.

This means we're committing a crime? We're killing unarmed Cybrid pilotforms? Civilians?

uv1cLni.jpg

Sure we are, for fun and profit. Mostly for profit. BURN MOTHERFUCKERS BURN

mfWsKgA.jpg

PROMOTION

pTsQCf6.jpg

The brass give us the usual spiel, and we get new toys. Ohhhh, Suicide Node. I liiike the Suicide Node. It allows you, quite predictably, to go allahuackbar on the enemy. It's very useful for a specific duty, a very annoying one. On the minuses, the Cybrid also have suicide nodes and they are better at deploying them than we are.

You'll see.

pCXrNRO.jpg

Ohhh boy. The Demon. Last of the Human Medium Hercs, and one that is designed to act solo. It's a beautiful machine, and it will be the mainstay of our forces for quite a while.

Plus, i always liked this image. Ever worked at night in an industrial area? Sometime you do the same as the poor tech here, merely gazing at the huge juggernauts human hands have built, now quietly resting in the darkness.

3L1j6iw.jpg

Look at the thing! It's adorable! Well, it's even better because it has good shields and a very good weapon selection.

YSuC06B.jpg

We get also a special Bioderm. Qabal is an evolution of the "lab-grown" bioderms, like the Models 001 and 101. He's the crappiest special Bioderm.

LcBF72I.jpg

Welcome back to the Herc Bay. Today we'll discuss the different weapon types, or how the Cyberstorm developers kinda give you a ton of toys that serve no purpose, balance be damned.

Energy Weapons: Direct fire lasers and their ilk. Comes in a ton of varieties. The problem with lasers is that they were planned as a quick&precise anti-shielding weapon, to be balanced with EMP guns and the like. Problem is, they aren't that bad at damaging armour either, and their variety covers quite a lot of battlefield assignments. They don't suffer much from precisio or damage penalties for range (Physics do not apply to Earthsiege lasers, it seems). If there's a role for a weapon, bar MASSIVE DIRECT DAMAGE to unshielded enemies, Energy weapons can cover it.

Missiles: Missiles are the premier anti-armour weapon. Get their shields down and maul them. They are expensive and heavy, but there is a reason they are optimal with lasers.... they are high-damage and don't suffer much from penalties. Kinda useless against shielded enemies.

We have chainfiring missiles also (smaller payload, more missiles) and "saturation" versions, that cover a wide area. Saturation missiles are useless, as they lack the punch and the best tactic to down Cybrids is to focus fire. Yes, there are chainfire saturation missiles, also, firing weak area-damage missiles.

For what, you tell me.

Cannons: Cannons are your stock cannons. Could be good, if they didn't have shit range and penalties. You can kill stuff, if you manage to get their shields down and to reach close range. It' never good to reach close range.

Plasma weapons: Plasma weapons are.... weird. Neither flesh nor fowl, it's a bunch of high-damage high-requirements weapons that have middling range. I usually get more lasers, but this time I can experiment. Guides told me they should be useful in the midgame.

ELFs: Already explained what the things are. They are very close range. Do you want to go near those happy little Cybrids? No. Don't be a fool, don't use Elfs.

Advanced: Oddball weapons. EMP, weird cannons, radiation weaponry, particle cannons. Big selection, some good weaponry inside, even. Pricey skill for bioderms, though.

kroOqSb.jpg

And we get to a growing problem: Demons, being good Hercs, are expensive. To fully equip and mantain a top-tier Herc force we'll need to consider boring Mining missions. I can luckily buy two Demons by selling the useless Giant, and even spare some money for upgrades. With two Demons, the next few missions should be even easier.

I can upgrade most systems to a better standard (targeting arrays and the like) but for new weapons we'll need to wait. Someone is volunteering for a test of the Suicide Node?

No?

Awwww.

Volunteers will be required and needed for the final first chapter mission.

Let's link the derms and choose a mission to test the Demons. Another Destroy Base mission? Why not!

But again, I'll cover it next time. Writing this thing takes more time than I think.

This.

Rodriguez! :argh:

When I die EXPIRE, my genetically modified ghost will haunt your treacherous ass. Droppin' us right in the middle of the fray! You know, stuff like that is exactly why your mom called you Rodriguez.

Poor Rodriguez, by the time this is over, he will be haunted by around 50 cloned Grimwulfs.

Do Bioderm have souls? Deeeeeeeeep.

Dayyālu

Arcane
That's the question that started the great Bioderm revolution.

Technically the Bioderm Revolution starts 400 years after Cyberstorm, under the leadership of an asshat called Gir Draxon.

I am seriously wondering if I should try to LP, at least an update par "shared universe "game, shit is interesting. Or maybe it's autistic. Stole the list from somewhere.

Hunter Hunted (released 1996) Platform game. Not my cup of tea, but whatever.

Metaltech: Battledrome (released 1994) MP-focused version of Earthsiege. Not worth it.

Metaltech: Earthsiege (released 1994) DosBox compatible. There's even a mission pack for it. LPable.

Earthsiege 2 (released 1996) Same, but bigger. LPable.

Starsiege (released 1999) Last of the mecha games. Very LPable.

Starsiege 2845 (not released, circa 2008) MP and SP focused fangame. Died thanks to corporate and fan idiocy. Probably would have ended up as a Mechwarrior Living Legend style game. I do have the alpha release, but good luck finding people to play it with :lol:

MissionForce: Cyberstorm (released 1996) We're kinda here.

Cyberstorm 2: Corporate Wars (released 1998) I'll do an update on Cyberstorm 2 to explain why it sucks so much. It sucks. So much.

Tribes: Vengeance (released 2004) The SP campaign is LPable, in video form. Not here, not now.

Stellar 7 (released 1990) It's a Battlezone-like from a bygone era. I never played it, and I'm rather interested to check if I can manage.

Nova 9: The Revenge of Gir Draxon (released 1991) Sequel. Harder. Tribes weirdly recroactively retcons this into the story of the Great Bioderm Rebellion. For the Lulz, I presume.

Starsiege: Tribes (released 1998) Anyone up for a match? :lol::lol::lol:

Tribes 2 (released 2001) I'm serious guys, kinda, completely. Can't wait to get floored by Grimwulf :negative:

Tribes: Aerial Assault (released 2002) – Essentially a Tribes 2 remake for the PlayStation 2. Console game, won't fly.

Does anyone know a good free video recording software?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Do Bioderm have souls? Deeeeeeeeep.

Of 'couse we do. We only fight cybrid civilians for teh pay. Me, I want to start my own government when I grow old. With legal whores, 70h+ working day and free alcohol for everybody.

I got plans for teh future! I ain't stickin' here forever. Errr, what is my expiration date again?

Tribes 2 (released 2001) I'm serious guys, kinda, completely. Can't wait to get floored by Grimwulf :negative:

Naaah, come on! We're komrades! I'll give you 13 seconds to run. Then I shoot.

patribesii_l2.jpg

One. Two. Three...

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
I want to be a Cybrid I MEAN BIODIRT!

Aw. Give a face and a name, then. The only game where you play as Cybrids is Starsiege, and the bios of their pilots are.... peculiar.

Skinbrander.bmp
Eats-Only-Heads.bmp
Plague-Dog.bmp

It's like you gave Grimwulf the job to program a bunch of killbots. But Cybrids are kinda fun as opponents: Prometheus has a ton of problems in keeping them in line despite building a theocratic system around him.

Updatan incoming.

Dayyālu

Arcane
ALIVE AGAIN

EL1tOVd.png

As I said, we pick a Military Mission, a Base Assault one. I'm bored, I want to blow up Cybrids.

PCVF27E.jpg

FOR CORPORATE EXPLOITATION WE MARCH

ZUHLCAa.jpg

Grimwulf and Azira with their brand new Demon-class Hercs lead the charge. The Giants cover the flanks and the Shadows use their superior sensors to pick up enemies. Rodriguez dropped us north, the base is prolly south. A routine sweep.

uNZSdtl.jpg

Several medium class enemy Hercs and the usual turrets. Worringly, they are V2 Cybrids, meaning they are upgrading their forces too. We'll stick to the usual, bring down shields, destroy one at a time. Will work. Must work.

Our first salvo takes out a Genocite V2 and a Specter V2. Good work.

of1NBnw.jpg

The enemy medium Hercs swarm outside their base. We mantain position on the ridge and keep clear, precise salvoes. One after the other the enemy machines crash and burn, weirdly focusing on Grimwulf's Demon. Bad pick, he has excellent shielding for this stage of the game.

HvZsU3c.jpg

With the mobile enemies down, we traverse the rough patch (probably a age-old river bed). The terrain is rough, very difficult to traverse. Doesn't matter though, the turrets have weapons too puny to damage a Demon.

ltad4aI.jpg

We break into the base. Now you can notice how Piloting skills matters a lot. Why? Two reasons: it lessens the amount of move points needed to walk on a tile and it provides better automated routes for the Bioderm. As you can see, Fluffy, being a good pilot, is already inside the base firing at things: Grimwulf, being a shitty made in China bioderm, is still barely managing to pass the rough river bed.

qMFTIsI.jpg

A simple manufacturing base. Let 'em rip.

9iBlPk0.jpg

Blow it up, call for evac, get the money, drop back home.

2DjXXeG.jpg

I didn't think I ever shown this before. If you click on the pilot image on the battlefield, you get to the tactical pilot managing menu. Here you can see all the details on skills, ranks, and order performance enhancing drugs (Jackup) or Stability enhancing ones (Placidex). Easy and well done, like most things in Cyberstorm.

8tjR2N8.jpg

50k credits, and Kalin, Grimwulf and BB all have three months left to live. You know what this means.

If I can get a 1-2 months mission, good. If not, it's Suicide Bomber time. YOU WON'T GO INTO THE NIGHT QUIETLY

0I0EaW1.jpg

Baaaw, shitty choices. I'll pick a recon mission and drop a small force. No reason to age all our Bioderms for nothing.

iXwwow6.jpg

Plus Mardalla looks like the best place for a recon job. 50% gravity, smooth surfaces. I'll drop a Demon for cover and two Shadows.

yjck54K.jpg

We drop on Mardalla. Wait, this is OUR PILOT CHANG? What happened to Rodriguez? WAS HE A CYBRID SPY? This game has more diversity than the fucking new Star Trek. We have everything from spaniards to chinese to soulless abominations born of mad science.

iT3I1Zx.jpg

A Cybrid patrol tries to stop the Golden Baby and Azira. It goes..... poorly.

PGONcHw.jpg

More Cybrid Patrols, more chaff for the Entity's guns. Maia is a tad overpowered, methinks. We enter the base, maybe we can even blow it up....

KMFFR1h.jpg

Shit. Ok, this requires some explanations. Things went south quickly, and Mondblut's Golden Baby is about to die.

What the fuck happened?

BZhA6cU.jpg

Critical hit. A Cybrid shell hit the Demon's Shield generator, disabling it. The Demon can take a pounding, Maia Class Bioderms can't. I give her(?) two Placidex doses to avoid critical loss of stability. Maybe I can retreat her to safety.

Plan is simple: the two Shadows will JUMP BETWEEN THE TURRETS AND THE DEMON, in a desperate attempt to draw fire.

Shit. Got overconfident. Always bad. Through-shield Critical Hits can mess you up. Sure, this ain't as bad as getting a through-shields critical on a Super-Heavy class Herc, but it was unnerving.

Rpeznt5.jpg

MONKEY SCREAMING

QluDV3o.jpg

MONKEY SCREAMS stop

SUCCESS. BB takes all the fire and his Shadow is destroyed in a oxigen-less explosion. But the Turret blew its load, and Azira can administer the killing blow, and the Entity is safe.

Glory Eternal to BB! A useful bioderm. He died so we could save roughly 150k of cash. He will be remembered for roughly three months.

leTsTbx.jpg

Time to go back home.

FFS, first truly exciting mission I got. Losing a Demon AND a premier pilot would have been hard.

zld8XXZ.jpg

PROMOTED to Squad Captain. And Kalin has a month left to live. Well, now we know who is getting the Suicide Node :lol:

Details on the promotions and lightbane , you got your wish. You died properly. Choose a New Body, or the Old One Remade! And I'll work to give you the webm of BB's death. Monkeys scream while cooked in space, who knew.

lightbane

Arcane
I like how these cybrid bios are invariably EDGY!! As for the mission, what do drugs do again? I would like to have a summary of their uses.
Also, yay, my first death and not by kamikaze attack! Did the bioderm die due the atmosphere, or taking hits from enemy fire? In any case, I even got a post-death promotion!
Actually, can you recycle bioderms that die of old age instead of perfectly healthy ones, or do the former dissolve into "unobtanium" or something?

As for my choice, I will take the old one remade! I wish to go out in a blaze of glory (literally)!!

Eriador

Arbiter
So, we've lost a Bioderm (in a way other then them aging past their expiration date)? Finally, I was beginning to wonder if this game was easier then it seems or if you are just so good at it :D

Also, it's pretty hard to distinguish between the bioderms on the map. I had to guess which one was Fluffy and which one was Grimwulf (I guess they have the same mech?). Maybe in the next update, you could do a little overview of which bioderm is piloting which HERC and how their ship looks on the map, so that we have a vague idea what to look for? Unless you plan to switch them so frequently that it wouldn't help much.

Then again, I have trouble distinguishing between our ships and the cybrid ones, since all of them are the same color and some of the sprites are tiny.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I like how these cybrid bios are invariably EDGY!! As for the mission, what do drugs do again? I would like to have a summary of their uses.

Not all Cybrid bios are "edgy" as the ones I picked. I merely got the closest ones to "Character in a Grimwulf LP".

Two types of drugs:

Jackup gives you a bonus to all skills, something from 3% to 7%, I never got it properly. It also adds some points to Toxicity.

Placidex gives you Stability in exchange for Toxicity.

Easy. When you get better Bioderm support systems you can abuse them quite handily, as heavy-duty life support systems purge toxicity on their own.

Also, yay, my first death and not by kamikaze attack! Did the bioderm die due the atmosphere, or taking hits from enemy fire? In any case, I even got a post-death promotion!
Actually, can you recycle bioderms that die of old age instead of perfectly healthy ones, or do the former dissolve into "unobtanium" or something?

As for my choice, I will take the old one remade! I wish to go out in a blaze of glory (literally)!!

Exploded due to enemy damage. The Shadow was literally put between the turret and the Demon, little chance of survival if the turret focused fire. Bioderms that reach expiration date get euthanized.

So, we've lost a Bioderm (in a way other then them aging past their expiration date)? Finally, I was beginning to wonder if this game was easier then it seems or if you are just so good at it :D

I am somewhat good at it, the game is not that punishing and if played properly this is like Xcom, you lose people only if you are dumb.

Also, it's pretty hard to distinguish between the bioderms on the map. I had to guess which one was Fluffy and which one was Grimwulf (I guess they have the same mech?). Maybe in the next update, you could do a little overview of which bioderm is piloting which HERC and how their ship looks on the map, so that we have a vague idea what to look for? Unless you plan to switch them so frequently that it wouldn't help much.

Then again, I have trouble distinguishing between our ships and the cybrid ones, since all of them are the same color and some of the sprites are tiny.

I'll need to work on that.

shywn

Savant
Jath, and... *flips coin*

Dangerous.

And spell my handle correctly this time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom