Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Has this game been patched to a playable state?
I played through Grimoire using the release version until well into the second part of the game, and then switched to version 1.2.0.22-R, which I used until the end. The release version did have some problems with crashing, especially with a certain type of enemy, but in general was playable, and most of these critical bugs were fixed in the later version. You might want to use certain earlier versions of Grimoire rather than whatever is the latest version, since Cleve has begun making substantial changes to game balance, which carries the risk of introducing new bugs such as the one mentioned in the post above mine.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Here is a nice post on steam that elaborates some more:

major problem with character creation
i know there is a thread for critical bugs, but this is so serious i thought i should start a seperate thread.

i just rolled a new party for the first time since the latest patch, and every class has the wrong skills assigned to it. some classes are missing critical skills, while others have skills they shouldn't.

for instance:

* the aeorb sage and barrower wizard don't have the sorcery skill, but the giantt warrior does.
* the rhattu thief doesn't have lockpick.
* the durendil bard doesn't have music.
* the leonar berserker doesn't have berserking.
* the warrior and berskerer are missing skills for weapon types they should have.
* the bard can put points into every weapon category.
* the cleric doesn't have any melee weapon skills.

these aren't the only issues I noticed, but i think this list covers some of the most serious ones.

Dorateen

Arcane

Here is a nice post on steam that elaborates some more:

major problem with character creation
i know there is a thread for critical bugs, but this is so serious i thought i should start a seperate thread.

i just rolled a new party for the first time since the latest patch, and every class has the wrong skills assigned to it. some classes are missing critical skills, while others have skills they shouldn't.

for instance:

* the aeorb sage and barrower wizard don't have the sorcery skill, but the giantt warrior does.
* the rhattu thief doesn't have lockpick.
* the durendil bard doesn't have music.
* the leonar berserker doesn't have berserking.
* the warrior and berskerer are missing skills for weapon types they should have.
* the bard can put points into every weapon category.
* the cleric doesn't have any melee weapon skills.

these aren't the only issues I noticed, but i think this list covers some of the most serious ones.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 1 hour ago
Serious bugs. Have no idea why this is but it may be due to previous table only partially modified for skill start bonuses. There will be a patch for this tomorrow first thing. I really wish I had built regression testing into Grimoire but there is none. This is a good example of why it is very useful.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Meanwhile....

decline graph.PNG

The DECLINE is epic!

Zep--

Boleskine

Arcane
21:50
You get way down at the bottom of some dungeon, and... you know, if you're like me and have pretty severe erectile dysfunction, it can just be agony trying to find your way back, right?

Then about two minutes later at 24:00 Matt's reaction to encountering some rats suggests he does not actually have ED.

Last edited:

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
21:50
You get way down at the bottom of some dungeon, and... you know, if you're like me and have pretty severe erectile dysfunction, it can just be agony trying to find your way back, right?

Then about two minutes later at 24:00 Matt's reaction to encountering some rats suggests he does not actually have ED.
He said "directile dysfunction", meaning he gets lost easily.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
He made the game look boring, like it actually is. The only time he got the least bit "excited" was about the ?SQUIRRELS?.

Zep--

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Great start... "Game 10 years in the making"... "Buy it from Gog"

Yeah no, Matt. Do your homework.

I think he was more interested in pushing his referral link than Grimoire.

But with Baxander gone to the great Faggot Factory in the sky I guess we take what we can get.

mondblut

Arcane
Ohh, I see. It's 6d8 now. Discrimination against us early adopters :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom