Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interview with Swen Vincke from Belgian site last week: https://www.9lives.be/special/larian-bezieler-swen-vincke-over-divinity-original-sin-ii

goofy Google Translate said:
Why did you want to make a sequel to Original Sin, and not - I'm just saying something - a Divinity III?
"I do not talk about what we might want to do in the future (laughs). But we felt that our story in this prequel universe was not yet published."

What brings the future?
"We can not tell you what our future plans are, but we've got things going on: we know where we're going. What we certainly know is that all of our future games will fall into two possible genres: role playing games and strategy games. Our core strategy is really simple. I think it's very important that we continue to make the kind of games we want to play. "

Prediction - Divinity 3 and Divinity: Original Sin 3 will be the same game, uniting the two series.

MWaser

Arbiter
Every battlefield turns into a clusterfuck of CURSED poisoned burning electrified frozen blood clouds, more like. Because it's not like cursed environment doesn't seem to constantly appear from nowhere.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Ok what game are you playing?Every enemy have some skill that puts poison or oil on the field,also most battle grounds are filled with poison or oil.Around 90% of my battles are a sparkling mess of effects,most times i can't even see my enemies and have to search them on the mini map.
This usually only happens to me against voidwoken, and even then, I can stand in environment effects for a few turns before feeling any effect because of the magic armor. I remember in Dos1 I sometimes forgot that Bullrush isn't a teleport and ran through a field of flames and died from high or full health. In Dos 2 running through a field of fire isn't that big a deal.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Has anybody noticed that the environment is incredibly unpredictable and annoying in this game compared to D:OS1?
Enemies hitting you in melee while standing 3 meters below is better. I am not sure game calculates heights and surfaces correctly sometimes.
Heights are a mess,hate how projectile spells are useless when the enemy is in higher ground.
That's good design feature. Problem is you don't have a ruler to measure that shit and no ways of checking LOS correctly.

This is why I like hexes.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Has anybody noticed that the environment is incredibly unpredictable and annoying in this game compared to D:OS1?
Enemies hitting you in melee while standing 3 meters below is better. I am not sure game calculates heights and surfaces correctly sometimes.
Heights are a mess,hate how projectile spells are useless when the enemy is in higher ground.
That's good design feature. Problem is you don't have a ruler to measure that shit and no ways of checking LOS correctly.

This is why I like hexes.
You misunderstand me mate,i can measure pretty well in this game.I am talking about situations where i can hit him with wand attacks,teleport, many parabola spells and spells like electric discharge(the one that comes from above).But trying to use a fireball,laser or any line projectile weapon is impossible.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder if the games combat balance(additon of the armor system) is due to multiplayer. I'm guessing yes. I mean who cares if someone exploit shit in a single-player game, like the things with the barrels?

KateMicucci

Arcane
I wonder if the games combat balance(additon of the armor system) is due to multiplayer. I'm guessing yes. I mean who cares if someone exploit shit in a single-player game, like the things with the barrels?
No. The PVP multiplayer is so undeveloped it's hardly a thing.

Shadenuat

Arcane
You misunderstand me mate,i can measure pretty well in this game.I am talking about situations where i can hit him with wand attacks,teleport, many parabola spells and spells like electric discharge(the one that comes from above).But trying to use a fireball,laser or any line projectile weapon is impossible.
Well it does make some sense and makes spell a bit more different no? Not all spells should have perfect trajectory.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well it does make some sense and makes spell a bit more different no? Not all spells should have perfect trajectory.
Well i agree with the trajectory stuff,but it feels like being able to throw rocks at some guy that is two meters above you but not able to shoot him.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
No. The PVP multiplayer is so undeveloped it's hardly a thing.
While this is true, that's not the same thing as Alienman being wrong. I also get the feeling like the game was somehow veered towards PvP and mechanical decisions were taken with that in mind.

The fact that this worked out terribly is neither here nor there.
I don't understand the armor complaints really. So the enemies have a "break" bar that has to be worn down before they are vulnerable to other effects. Big deal. It's not like the game doesn't give you the tools to manage exactly that. Anything that adds tactical utility to skills makes the combat more interesting. The complaint seems to be players are mad the same strategies from the first game aren't as viable; they can't just lock down every fight in the first round anymore. Toughen up, buttercups.
The fact that you think that this has anything to do with difficulty shows that you have not read or understood the complaints, or followed the discussion, and your opinion is to be immediately discarded like the garbage it is. Every time I see a pleb going "Hurr durr is it too difficulty for you durrr the game is easy I'm so hardcore why do you think it's so difficult play on explorer lmao loool" it just reminds me that our mental health care institutions are in shambles and we need to start locking up and care for the mentally challenged again, restricting their general access to overall society, where they may be mistaken for normal human beings.

Jesus Christ, it's not that fucking hard to wrap your head around the issues. The fact that every fucking CC and effect automatically succeed once that armor is stripped down is just as much of an issue as the fact that you fully resist everything with even a smidgen of armor, and what penetrates armor and what targets which armor is the opposite of intuitive. But don't let discussions on the issues stop you from your baseless assumptions and your paste-eating, you casualized piece of shit.

I bet you'd have just as much fun if we just gave you a happy meal and rolled your drooling ass into the ball pit at McDonalds, anyway.
Grow up dude.
Kill yourself whore.

Freakydemon

Educated
So regarding Bloodmoon Island and a quest there
Any hints on what to do with Rajjarima? Outside of murdering her. Figured out the others but can't figure out what to do with this one.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Luckmann said:
Kill yourself whore.

dde01a7a92aa19b4972b4fb097b332686e4ba1f0771b47994b0f28c71f175383.jpg

Prime Junta

Okay men, I need a pointer. How do you clear a smoke cloud? I fought a battle and an NPC I need to talk to in order to progress the main quest is standing inside one, and when I click on him I get "can't reach."

Murk

Arcane
Hahahaha

:edgy:

Do so love this one.

Okay men, I need a pointer. How do you clear a smoke cloud? I fought a battle and an NPC I need to talk to in order to progress the main quest is standing inside one, and when I click on him I get "can't reach."

Rain removes regular smoke, should work there (and is non-aggro bait.)

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
In D:OS1, I believe it was cleared by rain.

Freakydemon

Educated
Pressure spike, tornado, can try rain on it.

Prime Junta

Rain didn't work, already tried it.

Battle Stomp, however, did. I thought it only worked on surfaces, not clouds, but eh. :salute:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tornado travels in a random fashion which makes it extremely :argh: inducing.

Surface management generally is more of a clusterfuck compared to the first game, especially when it comes to cursed ones. A lot of enemies love to cast the basic Curse spell on surfaces.

ZStotSI.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm thoroughly fed up with the infantile, yet relentlessly devoted, treatment of the themes of sex and sexuality in this game.

I can almost picture a teenage girl giggling over her laptop keyboard in 2 AM, putting together dialogue for tavern patrons.

For 75 hours of gameplay, I've been subjected to more kisses, gentle hand touches, femmes fatales, flashing thighs with roses arranged on them, and misunderstood theory of bait-and-switch tactics (on the girl's side) than I've seen in my entire gaming career. And mind you, I've played through the likes of BGII and The Longest Journey without batting an eyelid.

Apparently some very unstable, and very under-fucked elements have been allowed into the writing team.

This is the equivalent of boys in puberty whose only wish on their mind is to have sex with blondes, to try to write a novel.

The shittiest experience (so far) was when I told Lohse I don't aim to impress her, to which she replied that she wishes she could say the same. OMG, this is Bioware all over again: "Hey those clouds look very funny, don't they?", "Oh, ah, yeah, sure" - Romance pts +1500 motha fucka, you're in love now!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom